It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Soldier refuses to go to Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Better admit you have done something wrong later, then never.

I think he made a mistake and just now realized what he did. I actually support him for what he did. What i don't support is the reason for this thread.

You could have started a thread about what are your views on the war with Iraq and Afghanistan etc. And how you do not support what soldiers do and all.

But no, you start a thread about how "wrong" it is for somebody to "call it all off" now, because he signed up after the invasions. You never regretted doing something AFTER you did it?

Give me a break, and more so, focus on something that really deserves to be called "wrong" not this type of crap.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yes Kailassa,

You are right, I did forget to mention the opium crops harvested in Afghanistan and imported courtesy of the CIA (Crooks In Action). It is a real money spinner for them and has been a longstanding agreement with the Afghan tribes. How else could tons and tons of the heroin be shipped into America on a regular basis with no trouble at all ?

To h3akalee:

I think that soldiers join and truly want to server their country under the assumption that they will not be take advantage of. Unfortunately, you and I know that the political lying hypocrites could not care less for them or their families. As long as it suits their agenda, they will die.

Mumbly

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LyricusMagna

I strongly disagree. If you make a commitment in then you see it through.

If you aren't intelligent enough to make the commitment in the first place then you shouldn't make it.

He should have got his head down and got on with it if he thought he'd made a mistake.

No country can afford to have a Military (for such time as long as a military is necessary - which i hope isn't long but know it will be) which can just up and leave one day.

You need to be pragmatic with your idealism. If it was practical to agree with you, i would.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ok phoenix103,

Lets say that you have made a commitment with the Military and one day the situation arises where in front of you stand a group of unarmed women and children. You are now ordered to shoot them, to kill them all right now....
What are you going to do ?
Are you going to ''see it through'', are you going to ''get your head down and get on with it'', as you put it ?

Or are you going to throw your rifle down and say ''NO, I refuse'' and act like a man who can think for himself.
So phoenix103, what would you do ?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I like your comment, it is truth.

I am starting to think that someone who thinks this way is in a battle of their own. Do you sit and watch as people, often friends or family go to kill innocent people, how can it be stopped? Should there be tanks and guns for those who are against war? A bit of a strange way to look at it but I find it hard to understand how to gain foot way when all efforts to stop are ignored and often shot down by those who issue orders to kill.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join