It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Soldier refuses to go to Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Apparently there is no free speech in the armed forces.

And, btw, don't tell me what or what not to do or think - I don't tell you that.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Armed forces are entitled to their views but MUST follow their orders.

And yes, you have, you've said people are not allowed to have a view on the conduct of the armed forces unless they've joined.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by phoenix103]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Freeborn

I am fed up with you people criticizing this BRAVE person who you could never be - for heavens sake Look at yourselves.

You could never be that soldier, because you were not brave enough to go out there.

I would never be that soldier because I have a brain between my ears and would never do anything as foolish as join the Army. if i was forced to fight for the survival of my homeland like in WW2 I would be prepared to fight as i would see it as my duty.

I think deep down many people who join the Army nowadays probably like the idea of violence and the chance to pop a "rag head".

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What the hell did he expect when he joined up?
Tea parties at Buck Pally with Liz?
The odd parade with her?
Perhaps the odd game of weekend warriors shooting blanks?
A bit of target practice every now and then?
The occassional yomp over the moors with the rest of chaps, eating bully beef at night round the campfire singing kumbaya?

FFS grow up.
It's the real world.
People join The Army they get sent to dangerous places and sometimes in them dangerous places dangerous people do dangerous things like trying to kill you.
If that scares the # out of you then don't join up!
It's not a hard thing to understand.
It's the way it's been since time immorial and it's the way it will be for the foreseeable future until we have the good sense to stop trying to impose morals and opinions on each other etc.
Until then we will need Armies, whether you ,I or anybody else likes it.

And can you not see the irony that people had to fight and die for you to enjoy the freedom to say what you think, the very same freedom that The Taliban wish to deny people in Afghanistan, yet you would deny them the right to freedom of choice, thought and will.

[edit on 30/7/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
TBH I think the guy deserves a medal for having the courage to speak out.Nearly 200 soldiers have died over there and for what,not for you or I.If the Afghanis were threatening to invade Britain or murdering Brits by the dozen then I would be all for backing the troops.But our Government has the troops over there fighting in a war that has nothing to do with us.The majority of people both in America and Britain did not want these wars in the first place but the Governments are no longer for the people,they are for the bankers and the corporations.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
All wars are pointless money laundering for big shot ass wipes who want to make money on there new toys, or, go kill a lot of people for oil, gold and land.

We all know of the flase flags, we all know of the lies that are told, yet people "sign" to go to war in the name of someone 'acting in the role of'. The war on terror is an unending war, there will always be terror to support these wars and it is people who pick up a gun an aim it at someone and pull a trigger.

Tell me the last time the US was invaded? Tell me the last time the US has had to defend itself? Don't use the 9/11 BS everyone knows it was a setup, if you don't it's because you don't want it to be.

The US/Anglo war machine is there to make money, aquire land and cause fear. People are manipulated into believing there is a necessity for war, this guy fell for it, millions of others before him. I feel sorry for him and anyone who has gone to war in the name of, again, 'some bloke acting in the role of'.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In every poll taken the people of the UK want our troops out of Afghanistan poste haste.

I say good for him, this so called war against terror will never be won by the bullet, the Taliban are in 14 other countries, do we follow them around the world, because get rid of them in Afghanistan they the Taliban will become stronger elsewhere.
Our soldiers are there to defend our country, what exactly are they defending by being in Afghanistan. Thousands of civilians have died this hardens hearts.

I know someone who served out there, he told me the cost of human life and the injuries to women and children sickened him.

Joe Glenton vidoe
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon2

Nonsense.

People were massively opposed to Iraq but not Afghanistan.

They have only changed their tune now the media are telling them about people dying in higher numbers.

Afghanistan, like it or not DID provide a threat to the UK when we invaded.

This guy does not deserve a medal - he joined AFTER this war YOU disagree with began, surely he's a traitor to you if you are so against it? But no, because his cowardice is now on display and it fits in with YOUR agenda he deserves a medal.

Forgive me for calling this one inaccurate and hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by an1mal
Don't use the 9/11 BS everyone knows it was a setup, if you don't it's because you don't want it to be.

Just saying so, even with likeminded people around doesn't make it true.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
I know someone who served out there, he told me the cost of human life and the injuries to women and children sickened him.

We all know the human cost but it doesnt matter to the media who don't report it much, a few soldiers die and its massive news. Why this double standard? Thats right, because to the media an Afghan live (or 10) is not equivalent to one British life.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Of course there are several reasons why we are in Afghanistan, but the primary reason is to resist The Taliban and stop them spreading into Pakistan.
If The Taliban gain control of Pakistan then a nuclear confrontation with India is inevitable.
And where will all the bleeding hearts be then?

The vast majority of Afghani's want us there and support our role there.

Why did this person join up if he was not prepared to go to Afghanistan.
That conflict started before he joined up.

I know lot's of people who have served in Afdghanistan, I know lot's of people who are about to go to Afghanistan and I know quite a few who are out there now.
They all went there with their eye's open knowing exactly why they were going and what to expect.
Their only complaints have been about poor and lack of equipment and the lack of respect shown them by some at home.
Unfortunately they have come to expect both.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Why did this person join up if he was not prepared to go to Afghanistan.
That conflict started before he joined up.

My hunch - he wanted the kudos that went with it but realised its just too hard for him (diddums). Now he's trying to get out whilst looking credible. He just looks like a tosser!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Well I would say yes that is correct people were far more opposed to Iraq than Afghanistan but I don't understand how you can say Afghanistan were of any threat to the UK before this war.Can you provide something to back this up?As far as the guy joining after this war I don't see what that has to do with it.He has already served there in 2006 so I don't reckon he is a coward like you have stated.I have no Idea what your on about when you say my Agenda.If by this you mean i am against the wars in the middle east then if thats an agenda then I guess yes I do.I forgive you.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
theres a difference between afghanistan and ww2 . WW2 was about a despot invading countries and commiting mass murder. Noone was safe. If the situation was like that today i would sign up in a heartbeat.
Afghanistan war is nothing more than to serve the interests of a country to stabile oil production nothing to do with anything they actual say in the news. NOrth korea , Somila to bring a few countries to point. NO american english troops there why coz it dosent server their interests. People might argue is the war on drugs.. I laugh at that arguement as portugal has clearly demonstrated by making drugs legal.
I just wish more of this type of soldier will stand up and say no we AINT PUPPETS in governemnts delusions of grandeur schemes.
And if Governments are really interested to stopping terroists getting guns then thats simple thing too...STOP seling the weapons to them altogether.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon2

Well I would say yes that is correct people were far more opposed to Iraq than Afghanistan but I don't understand how you can say Afghanistan were of any threat to the UK before this war.Can you provide something to back this up?As far as the guy joining after this war I don't see what that has to do with it.He has already served there in 2006 so I don't reckon he is a coward like you have stated.I have no Idea what your on about when you say my Agenda.If by this you mean i am against the wars in the middle east then if thats an agenda then I guess yes I do.I forgive you.

Its quite clear, the Taleban allowed/facilitated the trainin of people who would do harm to western countries. Thats where they trained for 9/11 and it was closely affiliated with the camps in Northern Pakistan. The 7/7 bombers trained in Pakistan, no doubt would have been Afghanistan had we not got there first.

Lets not forget the history to suit how we might feel about it today. I don't want us to be there either but WE invaded so we have to finish the job - question is, whether we can.

He had no idea what to expect in 2006, he does now. I suspect its just something he doesn't want to do. He's not got any obvious conviction otherwise he'd have had it in 2004-2006, no?

What i'm saying is if you support giving him a medal and us pulling out then you aren't being honest with yourself. He doesnt share your view that it was wrong otherwise he couldn't have joined. So why on earth would you want to give him a medal?

I've spoken with a fair few current and ex servicemen about this and they share the view that he's no more than an idiot.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Wether the Taliban harboured Al Quaeida Terrorists or not does not mean they posed a threat to the west it means a terrorist orginization was a possible threat not the Taliban.And there has yet to be evidence proving that they indeed did harbour terrorists.The UK wasnt getting terror attacks until we interfered in another countries regime.We have been getting bombed by the IRA for god knows how long,but we don't have any right to invade EIRE and change their regime."What i'm saying is if you support giving him a medal and us pulling out then you aren't being honest with yourself. He doesnt share your view that it was wrong otherwise he couldn't have joined."So now you can read the guys mind?We do infact share the same view if he believes that it is in the interests of US foreign policy to be there.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What a sad thread this is.

So many people who would appear to be awakening to the reality of this world and the scam we all live under and yet so many who still do not get the 'big picture.'

Since when were the people of Afghanistan, the people who are being killed every day, men women and children and even newborns, OUR enemy?

Never!

And yet the soldiers of the US and UK are there killing unnumbered innocents every day for what? So that the drug running elites of this world are kept in money, power and given authority over US!

The reality is, that should these very soldier who so many think is their duty to unthinkingly obey murderous orders, be ordered to fire on us, the innocent citizens of their own country's, we would want them to refuse.

Do we not give the same rights for our Afghanistanian brothers and sisters?

A soldier should never leave his conscience at home and blindly obey orders. If he does that, that is the day he becomes a murderer and that is the unsavoury truth that haunts everyone who is not fighting for good but for greed in the illegal wars that will haunt us all for years and even generations to come.

If we were being attacked, we would be fighting for right. But we were attacked by a 'Reichstag fire!'

Because we are protecting the opium fields for elites profit, we are NOT fighting for right.

Karma has the ability to reprimand whole nations for the evil deeds of a few and Karma is coming our way!

We live in a world where good is bad and bad is good, where lies are truth and truth are lies. The innocent just do not count and the greedy and evil elites are rewarded with not just money, but with 'the world'.

I will not be owned. I will not accept lies. I will not obey. I will not destroy the innocents of this world!

There will be a price to be paid.

Are you willing to pay this price?

That is the mark of a REAL soldier!

A real soldier is not afraid to face the truth and stand up for it....whatever the consequence.

T

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Reply to Freeborn

I take it you are joking and that you just want to stir the pot a bit, but I am worried in case you are not. People like you are mere ''cannon fodder'' because you cannot think for yourself.

Why are we in Afghanistan ? If you believe it is to stop some terrorists from getting together and killing us here in the UK you are nothing short of an IDIOT. That is complete and utter BS.
British troops are being killed in an unwinnable war because of a pipeline. Thats right a pipeline. They need to secure the area so that they can build a pipeline for the Rothschilds.

It is an unwinnable war because you will not totally defeat the Taliban. Unless you invade the country and have a permanent massive occupation, you will be defeated. One day you will pull out and the Taliban will return. That is for certain. They have never been defeated and they never will. So why are British soldiers being killed there in an unwindable war ?

Afghanistan has nothing to do with the UK, the Taliban have nothing to do with the UK and our soldiers should not be dying needlessly.

SOLDIERS ARE REALLY DYING SO THAT THE ROTHSCHILDS CAN MAKE MORE MONEY FROM THE NEW GAS AND OIL PIPELINES.

Now, if you think that is a just cause then by all means support a needless war in Afghanistan.

Here, this should make it clear to you....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/553e83800604.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mumblyjoe
SOLDIERS ARE REALLY DYING SO THAT THE ROTHSCHILDS CAN MAKE MORE MONEY FROM THE NEW GAS AND OIL PIPELINES.

Don't forget the opium poppies.
Afghanistan has been breaking all their records for poppy harvests lately.

Anyone who doesn't believe the CIA would bring vast quantities of illegal drugs into America to pay for their black ops needs to read up on some history.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Moral of the story.

If your willing to give your life up for the same amount of pay someone would receive working for Mcdonald's fine.

If not dont join.

My opinion is that soldier's wage's should be on the same level as a football player's atleast !

What the British government are telling you is that your life is cheap if you choose to ignore that fact then shame on you.

The British Army and all other respected army's are just a buisness dont like being a lacky then dont join up simple as.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 30-7-2009 by h3akalee]

<< 1    3 >>

join