It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scariest moment of your life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Alright guys, thought this would be the most appropriate forum to put this thread as I don't think it fits into any other category (and the subject of this forum will probably crop up quite a lot).

Anyways I just thought I'd ask you guys what is the scariest situation you've ever been in? It could be anything.

Mine would have to be when i was fishing one night by myself, I was camping out in a tent tucked into a little bay at the corner of a lake . I feel asleep at about 12ish (as I usually do) but woke up at around 2:00 (as you do when your sleeping on a shoddy bedchair on a freezing cold night).

Anyways, I sat up and took a sip of my drink and looked at my phone to check the time when out the corner of my eye I saw a white/greyish human looking figure just slowly walk past the entrance of my tent (looking as if it was heading nowhere but to a dead-end of bushes and trees next to the tent.)

This is the scariest moment I've ever had to live through.

I was tucked away in a dead-end bay so its not as if I was blocking a path or anything, and it was one of those heart-stopping moments, which was made 10 times as bad as I was alone and to my knowledge I was the only person on the lake. I was too scared to get out and take a look out the tent so just got in my sleeping bag and just stayed awake scared ****less until day-break, which is when I packed my stuff and phoned for a lift back home (although I never told anyone about it).

Although I know it could have been anything and due to me still being sleepy it could have been my imagination, but if you was me at that very moment, you'd realize how scared and helpless I felt for the next 5 hours of that night. If my heart had started beating any faster than the speed it was going as I saw the figure walk past the tent, I think I would have passed out.

Although I've been back to the lake a few times (only for the day), I've never gone back alone.

[edit on 29/7/2009 by Clown]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
One night after looking at an old book on the occult.. I got scared. The book was very old and in greek. Maybe it was not connected to what happend next maybe so... I went into my bedroom, my familiar room, shut the door and turned around and there it was. Two glowing red eyes and a dark form staring nose to nose with me. My fright level shot off the chart. That was the moment. It was cold, my heart was pounding and I did a nose dive for the light switch! Poof. It's gone. And the light stayed on the remainder of the night. Short and sweet.. Ciao 4 now - RDDS

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was fourteen and babysitting around midnight one winter's night when I heard a noise at the back door. I looked out the front window and saw one perfect set of footprints in the snow leading to the garage where the back door was. I stood paralyzed as I heard footsteps through the hallway and shuffliing around in the bedroom... I picked up the only "weapon" near me; it was a pen I had been doing my homework with. I thought I couldn't just run out the front door next to me because I was there to protect the girl I was babysitting who was sleeping on the couch next to me, so I planted my feet firmly on the floor and raised my shaking arm (with the scary bic pen) as I heard someone literally tiptoeing down the hallway toward myself and the girl. The person reached the end of the hallway abount six feet from me and then the scariest part -I saw the edge of someones glasses as they peeked around the corner into the room. I about peed my pants right there but instead found the courage to say "Who's there?" in the firmest voice I could muster...

Then out walks the drunken father who had changed into his pajamas. I don't know what scared me worse that he tiptoed through the house without announcing himself or that there he was now standing in his pajamas noticeably drunk. He said he had walked home early from the bar and that his wife would be home soon to drive me. I immediately picked up the phone and called my mom to get me. Needless to say I stood next to the door with doorknob in hand until my mom arrived. I was still shaking when I got in the car.

I never babysat there again.

(This story happened about 16 years ago.)

I have had many paranormal scares but the above story I think trumps those because I was fearful myself and the girl were actually in danger.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The first time I had sleep paralysis I watched a shadow figure walk around my brothers bed and come to mine and start to strangle me...For years I had no doubt something evil had tried to kill me that night. Decades later when I learned about sleep paralysis I realized mine was a classic case.

No, the scariest moment of my life was when I took my children home after they had spent some time with me. I had dropped them off in Jonesboro Arkansas and was returning home. I was deep in the Ozark National Forest when I saw what i thought was a tree up ahead. As I got closer the tree turned around and walked back into the forest.

It was a Bigfoot. I saw it with my own eyes.

I pressed the gas pedal to the floor of the car and didn't slow down till I was in the next town. I kept looking in the rear view mirror to make sure it wasn't running after me.

I was scared. I have never been scared like that before or since.

I know Bigfoot is real. I have seen one.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Dont discount your sleep paralysis as just "a normal case", people are so quick to assume that you can slap a psychiatric label on everything- to account for paranormal phenomenon. Ie schizophrenia- not all schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder- some people really are communicating with the dead and cant tell the difference

Ive seen many many shadow people, ive also had sleep paralysis. I understand the two and while they can be clinical cases of "being all in your head" there are many, many documented cases that what you experienced actually happened.

Source: I am a medium, ghost hunter, psychic

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm not very good at analyzing my feelings but I'd say its a close tie between my first sleep paralyzes episodes and panic attacks induced by drugs. I've gotten over both fears however. In fact, I don't think anything can scare me ever after some of the crap I've seen.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
* SNIP *

Another recent experience, happened when I first moved into my now husbands- then boyfriends apartment. We had been having problems with a ghost that was terrorizing us. Leaving '#s' in the toilet- literally it was not backwash or overflow- it was terrible!! We did a basic cleansing and I thought I had removed it. Well my boyfriend had to go away for the weekend and I was all there by myself. When, the lights started flashing on and off while I was sleeping- which can scare the # out of anyone- and then there was this scream- unlike anything I had ever heard before- I ran straight out of the apartment with my keys in hand-barefoot and then remmeber i needed my purse returned back to the apartment and I couldnt get in the front door- it wouldnt open for me- all of assudden it began to burn my hand- and so i said "f it" and I left in a hurry barefoot drove away and stayed at a friends house the rest of the weekend. I did not return until he came back- ended up it was a demon and we had to do- a very intricate exorcism. Binding upon bindings- ended up it was brought to the house by the previous resident. People not knowing what theyre doing- playing with fire.

The terror of being attacked by something that you cant see- is undescribable.

Mod Edit: Removed references to personal drug use.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Okay the scariest thing that happened to me was when I downloaded Mirrors and watched it at two am in the morning. I was alone in a dark house and all the kids were out at friend's houses overnight. I had to go into the back bedroom which was pitch black, which has a huge mirror on the one wall. Anyway I looked at the mirror and it looked like the back of my head was in the mirror instead of seeing my face. Just like the one scene in the movie, I ran out of the room very very fast and lay down on the couch and pulled the covers over my face. I know it was probably my imagination, but that was the scariest s*** I ever had happen!!!!!

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The one for me was when I was around 8-10. We used to go swimming in the lake at my small country town it was called Pebbly Beach on Lake Roseberry in Tasmania.
We went quite regular as a family, but this one time we had a cast of thousands turn up for an impromptu barbie.
Well my sister is around 3 years younger than I, and we saw some of the adults going out into the deeper water with the dingy.
We decided we wanted a turn. So one of my fathers "mates" took us out. My sister and I sat in the Dingy and he tugged us along with a rope whilst swimming out.
We were all having fun, he was splashing us a bit when he was swimming and we were having a giggle about it, so he did it a bit more, then the next thing was we were in the water.
Now my dad's "mate" swam back to shore, we were left there to drown... He didnt bother seeing if he could help us.... but that is neither here nor there anymore..
Both my sister and I were floundering in the water, trying hard to keep our heads up, but as we were not very good at swimming we were getting tired and started to panic, and we were both going under. I could hear a commotion going on the shore, but couldn't see what was happening (it was the adults going into a panic).
Well as I was sinking deeper into the water, I could just see some light at the top, then I had something try to grab my foot and pull me down... It was a hand I know that, I could feel it... But I managed to kick and gurgle away from it. And that was also around the time I was pulled out...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Scariest moment? Riding in the 'Hellhole' of a UH-1, on a very hot day, leaving the PZ, the bird was overloaded due to an abort on the chalk. Hearing a very experienced WO-5 pilot say, Ohhhh shoot (but not 'shoot'), looking forward and seeing pine trees growing taller. THAT is a scary moment.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My spiritual mentor mentioned to me about how demons attach themselves to certain people. Originally I didn't believe it and thought it was kind of hokey. I believed in ghosts but not demons. That was just way too far out there for me.

But as I furthered on my spiritual path things began to open up and gained more awareness and presence. It was right before my Kundalini awakening. I have a mutual friend who was always obnoxious to me and would always irritate me. He would do this constantly whenever I was around. I couldn't figure out why...

Eventually things escalated to where we got into an altercation...which I ended up punching him in the face. Instantly I regretted and apologized. After the scuffle we were outside talking about how we were both in wrong...all of a sudden I noticed a shadowy figure standing behind this guy.

The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I had goosebumps all of my body...it was so freaky. I then realized it was a demon. As soon as I saw the demon...I saw the demon push him closer to me and the guy step closer in my direction.

For whatever reason...the demon was trying to get my attention...and it did.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by mode402]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ok, i"l join the club. Scariest moment... Well, besides looking at OP's avatar:
Waking up in the middle of the night alone,noticing strange long head "looking" at me, and while trying to pull M-16 from under my head (i was in army then and not in safe area) - top of head starts turning almost 180 degree and small eyes ,not exactly glow but moon light kind of reflects in them. HORROR. Hair standing up, cold sweat...
It was an owl.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It was just prior to my first wedding in 1974. I was sleeping alone in the old farmhouse where I was raised. I was sleeping on the couch in the living room. There was a creepy old guy in my hometown who had attempted suicide and spoke out of the corner of his mouth, because of his injury from his failed attempt. I was dreaming. In my dream, he came to the living room window and tapped on it. I sat up. He told me he was there to see my dad. I told him he could not come in. He said 'I can get in!'. Of course, I woke up and waited impatiently for daybreak. Since then, it has been a family joke: 'I can get in!'. Everyone in the family understands the reference.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Clown

some highlights...
1. having a guy put a gun put to my head over a female
2. having to check under the car for bombs (long story)
3. almost falling off a cliff while driving in Greece in the dark
4. being drugged at a small restaurant in Romania and barely getting away
5. being mugged by the local cops in Romania
6. being in the middle of a G8 riot between riot police and protesters in Canada
7. finding an unexploded WW2 bomb in the mountain behind my house in Greece
8. a passenger freaking out on British airways threatening everyone while on a trip to Niece, France
9. being mugged in a park in Greece by a gang of Nigerian thugs
10. being chased by a mob of Greeks for being a tall white guy speaking English while trying to use the post office
11. Being stuck on a ship at sea with the engine blown out for 2 days

to name a few

[edit on 31-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I had been researching demonic possession and hauntings for a script I was writing. Spent hours a day reading on the subject. Anyway I had recently moved back into my parents house and was going through some very old belongings of my father's grandfather. I'm looking through this stuff for hours and I come across a plain looking box full of small tiles, I guess they where like half inch by half inch square, doesn't matter. While digging through the box out of nowhere this wave of fear just took me over. I really can't explain it other than it was the most fearful I've ever felt in my life, my heart was pounding, I felt like I was being watched and it almost felt like the air around me got thick. It was to the point that by the time I went upstairs to tell my brother my eyes where welling up with tears. As quick as I explained what had happened the feeling was gone. His only response was I told you to leave that crazy s### alone. I've never experienced anything like that before or since, It sure creeped me out though. I do believe in the paranormal but being that it was an isolated incident I can't help but think it was all subconscious as a result of months of studying, well crazy s###.

On a completely different note the most scared as in panicking was a few years go. I get call from the hospital that my father was in a car accident and I need to get to the hospital. Long story short the jerk wouldn't give me any hint on my father's condition, same story when I get to hospital as well. So for close to two hours I'm thinking the worst until they finally let me see him. He was just fine, a cut on one of his shines and a slight limp was the extent of his injuries. I swear some of those jerks get off on keeping you in suspense like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Personal experience

Berlin ,2006, October .

I was walkin in Berlin, goin back home , the sky was extremly grey, almost black and the rain was the kind announcing a cold winter, the type of rain makin its way thru your coat.

I Was wearing a black coat made to carry ammos and stuff (old military cloak, made to hide rifles, used during WWII by germans snipers)

On my way home i decide to take a shortcut because i was really feeling too cold and really the only thing i wanted was a hot cup of coffee

The shortcut was located near a very old railway, used during WWII
i started to walk in the abandoned field, walking thru the garbages, starting to think it wasnt a so good idea finally.

Near the ruins of some buildings (never demolished, still here now)
I saw my reflection in a mirror or a old glass door stored here, and realised what the hell was that piece of glass was doing here, undamaged
I walked near the ruins to take a look and noticed it wasnt a piece of glass , nor my reflection, but a real person.

I came closer, silently because nobody know who you can meet on that area .

I got the scare of my life.

I saw a man, dressed as a SS officer, i stupidly asked to the man if he was doing a movie or anythings.

the person didnt moved from the shadow, then i looked away for ONE second , turned my head back to him and saw him litteraly fade in the wall

Right after that, i made my way back in the street, trying to go away from that shortcut to my house..

i felt something like intense fear mixed with deep sadness , but my main feeling is FEAR, just pure fear, the type of fear who tell you"ok its not norrmal, it cant be possible"

never again i took that shortcut

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

From what you have stated, it sounds like you went to the mainframe grid...sort of like being inside a computer harddrive. IMO.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
When I was young I got drug to this "ski trip" organized by some church. They had us ski all day, gave us no food, then at night had an assembly handing around baskets of candy. Then the preacher stood up at a pulpit and they played trance like music and preached about Jes, fire & brimstone etc. It was relentless but I had a strong independent mind so just sat there thinking "wtf is this BS", after 2hrs children all around me were crying, many standing up as instructed and 'giving themselves to Jesus', falling down, flopping around, etc. I found it absolutely horrifying and to this day one of the scariest moments I've ever been in. Not scary in a sense that I thought harm would come to me but scary in a sense to see people manipulated and brain washed at will. Was amazing.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by revdrdrsunshine

hI rev

Do you remember what the book actually was saying?
Do you understand Greek and read?
Do you remember any names in there?

If you read a book of EXORCISM by Saint Cyprian, it will help...Demons don't stay away for long...they have until the end of the world to perform their evil and control people through the MIND!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
reply to post by revdrdrsunshine

hI rev

Do you remember what the book actually was saying?
Do you understand Greek and read?
Do you remember any names in there?

If you read a book of EXORCISM by Saint Cyprian, it will help...Demons don't stay away for long...they have until the end of the world to perform their evil and control people through the MIND!

ICXC NIKA
helen

Hi Helen670... Unfortunatly I don't read a word of Greek..so I have no clue what was printed in the book. Only there were symbols that were clearly not Greek (unknown what they were actually) as well. Nothing was read in the conventional way.. I'll check out the book you mention. ciao 4 now... RDDS

top topics

join