It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get £500 To Spy On Neighbours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Get £500 To Spy On Neighbours

www.express.co.uk

Taxpayers’ money is being used to pay “covert human intelligence sources” who report bad conduct to authorities.

Anyone who photographs dog fouling, litter being dropped, graffiti crime or fly tipping which result in prosecution will receive a cash reward.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

edit: all caps headline

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I wonder just how long it will be until we see a similar program here in the United States. My guess is: not very long.

The US, particularly the 'progressives', have a bad habit of trying to keep up with the Jones' for fear of being labeled a 'backward', 'uncivilized' society.

There's already been talk by obama himself of a civilian security corp, it's just a matter of time until we begin seeing things like this here.

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So, another one for us tinfoilers.

Welcome to Gestapoland ruled by Sharia Law.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm glad I don't live in that part of the world. Sounds like it's turning into N.Korea.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
People better hope their neighbors keep a job. Seems it could be pretty easy to set someone up with this.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
rather glad i'm just bak here for 4 weeks and not staying.....

this country is seriuosly going down hill fast and hardly anyone but the odd member from here seems to care enough to stand up and say anything against the goverment spying or the ever invading Muslim / Sharia crew that is slowly taking over and implemeting their laws.....

How about giving £500 to British citizens that observe their home land going down the toilet and becoming some kind of 2nd Middle East.....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I saw this on infowars and was stunned. Although I should know better when it comes to britain. Why would the country about which 1984 was about come to resemble such a nightmare so closely?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Welcome to Barackistan!

Can I turn in everyone from ATS?

I want to buy a boat.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Welcome to 1984. Big Brother is watching!

And it's only going to get much worse...the modern way of keeping the serfs oppressed.

As well as this you always have the worry that you'll be reported by your kids should they not appreciate your form of discipline, or from a nosy member of the public reporting you for correcting a child's behaviour in the supermarket.

People, we are all going to have live in constant fear of the GESTAPO (Local COUNCILS & the Police State).

But this is nothing to what we will soon live under once we start subscribing to the carbon credits scam, which is just a TAX on nations that can afford it, and is designed to fund the further expansion of the UNITED NATIONS (as they will service the taxation), which will then stretch its tentacles all around the world, really controlling what each of us can and can't do!

Be concerned, be really concerned.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Oh let this come to the good old USA. I'd get a partner who looks like my neighbor to run down the street naked and then split the reward with them after we'd turned the neighbor in. I'd be laughing like a madman as neighbor after neighbor was hauled away.

Pretty soon I'd be the only one left, sitting here on my big old pile of money.

By the way, what's fly tipping? I keep hearing the phrase but have no clue as to what it means.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
500 pounds? Sweet... I could afford to purchase the Tau Manta then.

(it's a gamer thing)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
From experience i know this wont work, the same thing has been done before with very little success. I think it was £2500 for info that lead to the conviction of drug dealers. I have never heard of anyone getting a penny, not once. Like the government/courts are actually going to give you anything...

I think the sentences on graffiti are just a few hours community service cleaning graffiti off walls. With there being so few jobs around i would be happy to spend a few days cleaning walls with a jet wash for £500!

Hmm where did i put my spray paint and camera...?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Yeah, the second this scam comes to the US, I'm cashing in as well. Gotta few neighbors I'd love to get rid of for a while.

It's true though: every day it seems Orwell's two most famous works are becoming reality. Things are going to get very 'interesting', very soon, I'm afraid.

TA

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
500 pounds for citations?

what is that?
Like a reward that is of 10 times more value then the ticket the offender would get?

how does that make sense during an economic crisis
or even during a thriving economy for that matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well, there's the extra tax money they can squeeze out of the citizens for every person they throw in jail. There's the community service (free labor) and fines they can impose as punishment. There's the information they may be able to get about other criminals from those caught, which is probably valuable to them.

I'm sure if they actually go through with this, they've already thought of a way to recoup their losses. They wouldn't just go into this knowing they're going to lose revenue. At least I don't think they would...could be wrong. Good question, though.

TA

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sadly i wasn't shocked when i read the title of the thread.

For those of you who compare England to the nightmare of 1984, you dont know how right you really are, as those who've read it will know the proles (or lower classes) were generally left to their own devices as they were seen as not worth the trouble since they were (in the words of one character) not human, and were ignored other than their use for cheap labour and something that people need protection from.

this is mirrored in Englands habit of extreme monitoring of small suburbs rather than estates where there is more trouble, instead they tend to use crime in estates and working class areas as a way of scaring the middle classes to justify the extreme monitoring..

for me, never has the phrase "i love the place i live but i hate the people in charge" been more fitting.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Nice to see the turds in charge are making a complete mockery of our country AGAIN.

And yes absolutely right James 420. Spot on.

new topics

top topics

join