It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetus cut from murdered US woman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Foetus cut from murdered US woman

news.bbc.co.uk

A 23-year-old pregnant woman has been found dead with her unborn baby cut from her womb, police in the US state of Massachusetts have said.

Police are trying to find the missing eight-month-old foetus, which they say could have survived with medical help.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mother Says Devil Made Her decapitate her 3 week old Son

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Dad threw girl off cliff to avoid child support

[edit on 29-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

Mod edit; Fixed spelling in title

[edit on 7/29/09 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Seriously, I can think of at least two other horrific crimes in the headlines the last few days.

WTF is going on.

Is it just me or is this kind of gory crap getting more common?

It's not the first time this has happened either. I just hope that they can find the child and the sick so and so that did this.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Similar thing happened fourty years ago to Sharon Tate. Manson girls tried to cut her baby out when they killed her.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Found this on ABC News - Mom-to-Be Darlene Haynes Killed, Cops Search for Her Fetus

Police in Worcester, Mass., are searching for a fetus that was ripped from her mother's womb in a gruesome attack.

Darlene Haynes' mutilated body was found wrapped in bedding in a closet in her Southgate Street apartment Monday. She was eight months pregnant at the time of her death, police said, and they believe the body has been in the closet since Thursday.

At 8 months, there is a chance the fetus could still be alive, sending police on a frantic search in and around Worcester, about a 45-minute drive from Boston. Hazelhurst described the neighborhood where Haynes lived as "working class."

How sad.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And somehow or another people are againgt capital punishment??? Seeing stuff like this makes me wish we could still use torture as punishment!
wtf is going on today???

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Aghh.
What the HELL is wrong with people?! I cannot understand it.

It is hard for me to feel "one" with all of humanity with this type of thing goes on more than we'd like to notice..
I find it very difficult....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
And people think i'm crazy when i say we need people to be trained in how to completely incapacitate another human being.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I grew up in the city where this happened. The area that she lived in is not that good of an area. There are a lot of "dangerous" types in that area. As heinous as this is, I have to say it does not surprise me, coming from that area.

The sad part of this is that the woman was developmentally challenged and someone took advantage of her. Check out the Worcester Telegram's website for follow-up stories.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
I grew up in the city where this happened. The area that she lived in is not that good of an area. There are a lot of "dangerous" types in that area.

Why is the area so dangerous? I'm curious, is it poverty or illness or something?

I cannot even begin to imagine how her family must be affected, and i disagree with the death penalty on one ground only, the offender must be caught and locked up for life without remorse, no medicine, no cushioned rooms just an empty cell.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well, it is a lower class and inner-city neighborhood. Not a lot of single family houses, but rather multi-family homes, with a lot of renters. It is very close to the "Main South" Area that people warn visitors to stay away from. Also, it is very close to Holy Cross College.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sad to say but these cases are not rare, there are several that make the news every year. It also seems to be a case of copycat crimes, thay always seem to be preceeded by a sensational child kidnapping or murder case. Wonder if the killer has a history of faking pregnancy? That seems to be a constant.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It isn't a "fetus" anymore. It is a baby.

Someone find the news source promoting that they are looking for a "fetus" and smack them for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
I grew up in the city where this happened. The area that she lived in is not that good of an area. There are a lot of "dangerous" types in that area. As heinous as this is, I have to say it does not surprise me, coming from that area.

The sad part of this is that the woman was developmentally challenged and someone took advantage of her. Check out the Worcester Telegram's website for follow-up stories.

Worcester is a fine city. It's got a bad reputation from the 90's (one medium-sized ghetto, which is now completely under control) but it's cleaned up a lot since. I'm 22 years old, born and raised in Worcester, and can say first-hand that this is a fine place to live (and even raise children).

Sure there are crimes here, just like anywhere else. But in terms of aggravated crimes, such as rape and violent robberies, Worcester has extremely low rates.

This is a sad story, but it has nothing to do with the area she lived in.

EDIT- link to crime stats for Worcester:
www.cityrating.com...

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ninecrimes]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

I agree with you. I grew up on Shrewsbury st (which has changed a lot since I was a child) and I am 33. I lived there until I was 30, now I am in Phoenix...which is so much worse.

Worcester is a good area, but like everywhere else, there are bad areas, like the one that this poor woman was killed in.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
. . . and i disagree with the death penalty on one ground only, the offender must be caught and locked up for life without remorse, no medicine, no cushioned rooms just an empty cell.

Yes, because I want MY tax dollars going to pay for that instead of a simple lethal injection. Or cheaper yet, suck on an exhaust pipe for 10 minutes.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah

Originally posted by mr-lizard
. . . and i disagree with the death penalty on one ground only, the offender must be caught and locked up for life without remorse, no medicine, no cushioned rooms just an empty cell.

Yes, because I want MY tax dollars going to pay for that instead of a simple lethal injection. Or cheaper yet, suck on an exhaust pipe for 10 minutes.

Hey i didn't say feed the bastard, i just said an empty cell.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

ROFL! I stand corrected. By all means, proceed.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Update: the BABY was found, alive, with another Worcester resident and a man, in New Hampshire.

The couple were arrested as "fugitives from justice" but no details are released, other than that the suspect (the woman) told her friends and family that she was pregnant for months, and none of them believed her. Long behold, she shows up with a newborn baby and her own friends/family wondered why a new mom couldn't breast feed. It was workers at a homeless shelter she frequented who called the police because the suspect was a regular, was not pregnant, and showed up with this newborn...

She is still claiming the baby is her own, even though she shows no signs of having given birth to anything, recently.

Very bizarre.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

Thanks for that update mate, very good news.

Poor woman is clearly mentaly ill.

Baby Cut From Slain Mom's Womb Found Alive

The baby of a murdered pregnant Worcester, Mass., woman was found alive in a New Hampshire hospital tonight, ABC News affiliate WCVB in Boston reported.

The baby, a girl, was being evaluated at the Plymouth, N.H., hospital where she was found and appeared to be in fair condition, police said.

The mutilated body of her mother, Darlene Haynes, had been found wrapped in bedding in a closet in her Southgate Street apartment Monday. The 23-year-old was eight months pregnant at the time of her death, and police said the fetus had been cut from her body.

Julie Corey, 35, of Worcester, was arrested tonight in Plymouth, N.H., on a charge of kidnapping, but she could face a murder charge when she is returned to Massachusetts, police said.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The same thing has happened many times before in the US. It's terrible. Sometimes I wonder if reporting these things on the news is a good thing...it seems to give other people ideas to perform it themselves.

Here are some other examples:
Pittsburgh case - 2008

Missouri 2004

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join