It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiery images as killer volcano that claimed 36,000 lives stirs once more

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's amazing how something so deadly can be so beautiful.
Thanks for the pictures.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah those are some awesome shots, I am sure somebody can help me here but I believe the volcanic activity has increased 40% what it was 9 years ago.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
very awesome pictures! that's what photography is all about. as far as volcanos stirring.... definitely don't think it's a coincidence

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yeah it is my theory that if all the volcanoes along the plate boundaries come alive at roughly the same time, then that would prime the tectonic mechanical system for an event of superfast plate techtonics. I don't believe in slow changes but more like catastrophism. This will be testable starting soon.

There is expected to be a much more significant rise in volcanic and seismic activity coming very soon, this is where my theory will become testable.

I have a theory for the reasons behind these catastrophic awakenings but I will publish it as a paper for my thesis. Cool thing is my ideas may very well prove that the Earth actually changes very rapidly in cyclic episodes, then slows down for long periods of time.

Oh and yes, Geology is my major and I am working on a doctarate; just to clarify that I have education in this matter. I warned the government that the ring of fire was awakening in 2005 or so, and sadly they blew my council off, now it is begining to happen. It will only get worse and within twenty years, I believe that about 1/3 of the Earth may be covered by volcanic activity and flood basalt eruptions. Mark my words for that is my prediction.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

A great post EU, thanks for sharing that! There's something frightening and yet fascinating about that historic Krakatoa eruption. There was a retelling of the incident either on Discovery or the History channel a while back. It's amazing how life has bounced back in the region. Now you've got me curious about what's going on with Montserrat.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Carbon pollution! Tax the volcano!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow!!

Not much more to say, but wow!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Really amazing images ... definitely something to monitor. S & F

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Starred & Flagged! Those are absolutely amazing photographs! Great thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

It's a long exposure. As can be seen by the tracks left by the projectiles from the eruption.

Only amateur photographers use flash

These are by no means "amateur photographs"...

Fantastic!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What a beautiful and powerful planet our Mother Earth is. My favorite is the one with the lightning hitting the top.

S & F

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Absolutely Stunning!!!

Those are some of the most beautiful images i have ever seen!

Especially the image of the lightning strike above, two of mother natures awesome forces captured together.

Great find, cheers S & F.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

You mention Yellowstone and the changes going on there. Do you have a link that we could use to research this further? I did the normal Google/Bing search and found only mentions of an earthquake swarm at the beginning of the year which lasted 1-2 weeks. I have family in Utah and would love to read about additional changes in Yellowstone.

Great pictures btw.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Great pictures in that article... really looks like paradise to me!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Nice!

How long before some idiot claims it is due to the Asian eclipse?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Irma

You just beat me to it
either that or the Sun spot and resulting solar storm from the 7th of July has indirectly caused this, indirectly as in not at all
. I bet thoses type of people are the same type that if they came home and found their wife in bed with another man then they would blame nibiru and the NWO

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is actually quite beautiful isn't it (in it's own way).

Could you imagine sitting on that beach watching that?

You would never forget it that's for darn sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Awesome pic's cant wait to see some
live footage of the beast in action,i love the one
where you can see the stars

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

You mention Yellowstone and the changes going on there. Do you have a link that we could use to research this further? I did the normal Google/Bing search and found only mentions of an earthquake swarm at the beginning of the year which lasted 1-2 weeks. I have family in Utah and would love to read about additional changes in Yellowstone.

Great pictures btw.

All the info on Yellowstone can be found on this superb thread HERE

It's 479 pages as it's been going since Christmas and very informative.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

Great pictures btw.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

happy reading ...

great pics ,but why do some of thme remind me of etna?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join