It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volunteers Swarm for Shot at Swine Flu Vaccine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It’s been just a week since Monica Hankins first heard scientists were looking for volunteers to test an experimental vaccine to prevent the H1N1 swine flu, but the Festus, Mo., mom and her family already are signed up. She wants her two young daughters, Isabella, 3, and Maya, 19 months, to be among the first to be protected against the previously unknown virus that has launched a global pandemic and claimed more than 800 lives worldwide, including more than 300 in the United States. “I kind of jumped at the chance,” said Hankins, 28, a home health care worker. “The way that it’s sounding, it’s something that I’ve never experienced before. It’s really scary to me.” From Seattle to St. Louis, at least 3,000 people so far have told scientists they’re eager to be part of fast-track clinical trials to assess the early safety of a shot aimed at preventing widespread infection, serious illness or death in a huge swath of the U.S. population. That’s already more than the estimated 2,800 volunteers needed at the eight trial sites across the nation. “We don’t generally ever get a response like this,” said Dr. Lisa Jackson, the principal researcher who’s heading the trials at Group Health Cooperative in Seattle, where nearly 1,100 people flooded phone lines within the first two days.

Link to Story

So it appears all the media hype/fear mongering is doing exactly what TPTB wanted it to, people are swarming to get this shot... A shot that hasn't had time to be thoroughly tested, a shot that has a bad track record (flu shots that is) a shot that could potentially infect you with the very thing your trying to avoid.

I hope people will stop and think before they take this shot, unfortunately i doubt many will out of fear produced by media hype.

It sad that the people trying there hardest to avoid this flu, may be welcoming in a Trojan horse.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Do you think our children's generation will erect a memorial wall to commemorate the sacrifice of these volunteer guinea pigs?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Do you think our children's generation will erect a memorial wall to commemorate the sacrifice of these volunteer guinea pigs?

Sorry but that reminds me of this.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Quite right!

Thank you #27.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

wow that was gruesome, but correct, people don't realize what there getting into with this.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They can erect a donkey's butt in memory of them. This is sad to see our fellow humans being trained like this. she doesnt even consider the side effects for her children. She should be the trial pig not her kids who dont have a say.
It make me sick to really watch this unfold before me and not have anyway of helping. You make you own choices in life and you live with them but when you have to make choices for your kids is a different choice.she should be locked up.
my wife and i are fighting about this right now. should we or shouldnt we. I told her if they can prove the side effects and run through a few trials then i would have this discussion again but not untill. she wants to get the shot up. I told her about the information thats out there but for some reason the tv got thinnking the doom and gloom we joke about.

I do think this could be something that might kill more than the reg flu but i am not rushing to get my shot next month.

my problem is, is that i think that there is a good chance that it will be required for kids to go to school and people to go to work. Leaving the descision in your hands with them both tied. I told my wife if it comes to that the she quits and the kids stay home for the winter. I have no problem with that. I would rather struggle for 4 months with food and bills that take something someone made that cant be held responsible for what was put in it . running the risk of long term health effects while someone got rich.

there will be alot of crazy moms going after this head on because they are scarde for there children, not caring about the aftermath.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallalie

Your correct, its something completely different when your volunteering a child.

Sorry to hear about the back and forth between you and the misses, but hopefully you can convince her that its probably more of a risk then a benefit to your family's health.

I am worried there going force this on college students, I am a bit older then your average student, however I have registered and plan to attend a few college class this year to increase my earning potential.

If they make this shot mandatory, i will have to quit school, and they don't give refunds, that's a lot of potential money loss, but oh well my health comes first.

I hope they keep this optional for now, I feel sorry for those foolish enough to rush in for there experiment.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Look at the bright side. You'll be able to simply ask someone if they got their swine flu shot, instead of offending them by asking "Hey, are you an idiot?".

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

haha i get what your saying, but unfortunately i feel these people aren't really stupid as much as they are trusting. They trust the 1.media, they trust 2.big pharma, they trust the 3.government.

when someone trust those three things (the first one influences them to trust the latter two) they tend to ween away from double checking, or even seeing what the opposition has to say.

trust can be a very dangerous thing.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good post, it is interesting to hear the reports of people flocking to the doctors office to get the H1N1 vaccine. I can assure you that until proven safe and further testing is conducted I will never be getting this shot.

Lol, this is eirily similar to how all the "doomsday" and apocolyptic movies of zombies taking over the world all start. Hopefully, the movies are just for entertainment purposes and not a tale of things to come.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

I didn't even think of that, ITS THE START OF Z-DAY

on a serious note tho, i totally agree with you, en till this is thoroughly tried and tested i will take my chances on just dealing with the actual flu, i have had a few in my life, and there not unbearable.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
And lets not count this concept out:

(may be prisonplanet, but it's well sourced).
www.prisonplanet.com...

Researchers at Shizuoka University in Japan, writing in a recent March 2009 issue of the Public Library of Science (PLoS One), are among the first to sound the alarm that the most relied upon weaponry against the flu, vaccines, may actually apply “immunological pressure on circulating strains of the flu which might engender the emergence of genetic variants with enhanced potential for pathogenicity in humans.” Translation: mass vaccination, unless well monitored, may actually induce the dreaded gene mutation that could result in more cases, increased hospitalizations and a larger death toll.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by Unit541]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hey guys,

*NEWS FLASH*

Survival of the fittest (natural selection) is REAL!

Look, it's being proven right here! The dumbest of our society are "SWARMING" for an UNTESTED vaccine, for a virus that hasn't killed even one fraction of the people the common flu kills every year in the US alone.

God I love natural selection.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

haha no kidding right? i guess the laws on the jungle still do apply to modern society.

but like i said above, these people are just fooled and trusting, not stupid, really think about how many people trust the media, and big pharma.

were an observant majority, unfortunately the masses do what there told to by there tv masters.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

haha no kidding right? i guess the laws on the jungle still do apply to modern society.

but like i said above, these people are just fooled and trusting, not stupid, really think about how many people trust the media, and big pharma.

were an observant majority, unfortunately the masses do what there told to by there tv masters.

I think this is a matter of semantics.

Personally, I believe anyone who trusts someone who has a clear reason to lie, and has been proven over the last century to CONTINUALLY lie, and anyone who can ignore all the obvious facts to let hysteria grip their life...

Is STUPID.

So, maybe we just use different words?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
The dumbest of our society are "SWARMING" for an UNTESTED vaccine, for a virus that hasn't killed even one fraction of the people the common flu kills every year in the US alone.

So basicly you're calling people with an underlaying health problem dumb?
What if these people could get infected with a/h1n1 and it causes their underlaying healthproblem to get worse or even lethal? Should they just die or should they take a chance with the vaccination?

I know what I would do in that scenario.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Rugged Shark-

Originally posted by king9072
The dumbest of our society are "SWARMING" for an UNTESTED vaccine, for a virus that hasn't killed even one fraction of the people the common flu kills every year in the US alone.

So basicly you're calling people with an underlaying health problem dumb?
What if these people could get infected with a/h1n1 and it causes their underlaying healthproblem to get worse or even lethal? Should they just die or should they take a chance with the vaccination?

I know what I would do in that scenario.

QUICK PLEASE GO GET THE VACCCINE! GOD HELP US ALL! RUN QUICKLY! SIGN UP FAST! DON'T WAIT! YOUR LIFE IS AT RISK! OMGAD! 140 DEATHS AFTER MILLIONS INFECTED OMGADDDD WERE ALL GONNA DIE QUICK LETS GO GET IN LINE FOR AN UNTESTED VACCINE FROM COMPANIES WITH NO MOTIVATION TO MAKE A SAFE VACCINE! FAST RUN! GO NOW! DONT STOP! DONT WAT!! RUNNNN!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

no we don't use different words, were on the same page.

I am just saying there not stupid people, there just making a stupid choice, because of fear and manipulation.

I consider myself to be some what intelligent, however i have still made plenty of stupid choices in my life, trusting the wrong people and what not.

does that make me stupid? maybe, i however think its just one of those cases when i had two choices, and i choose wrong.

I know a lot of people, who i consider and know are far more intelligent then I, however they trust the government and such.

does that make them stupid? well sorta
but to me its more likely there just asleep, en till a few years ago, i was asleep, and i would have said you and people like you (me now to) are just trying to scare people for your own entertainment or you have mental problems or something.

the sleep your tranced into growing up is a deep one.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wow, the intelligence of your last post has struck me... not.
Just be glad you didn't had let's say chemotherapy last month or if you had chronic asthma, if you had you'd be singing a different tune.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Rugged Shark-

Wow, the intelligence of your last post has struck me... not.
Just be glad you didn't had let's say chemotherapy last month or if you had chronic asthma, if you had you'd be singing a different tune.

No matter WHAT my situation, I would never go and get a vaccine. PERIOD. FOR ANYTHING.

Let me just take a second to give you a grip.

According to WHO on July 27th, there has been 816 deaths WORLD WIDE from swine flu.

Every year, season flu kills 36,000 in the US alone. That means you are 45 times more likely to die from the season flu. So why aren't they ordering billions of vaccines for something that kills 45 times more people? Huh? I thought they were there to protect us? What... they aren't here to protect us? OMGAD!

But wait, let's take another quick look here, because that says 816 deaths world wide? So how much more likely are you to die from the seasonal flu world wide?

Well, that depends, becuase reports of total deaths to flu vary depending on sources, and the year.

It runs between 250,000 to 500,000 deaths PER YEAR, to SEASONAL FLU.

Lets go with the smallest estimate, it will make you feel better about your intentional ignorance.

YOU ARE OVER 300 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DIE FROM THE SEASONAL FLU EVERY SINGLE YEAR THAN SWINE FLU. GG THX FOR PLAYING. GO GET YOUR VACCINE. NATURAL SELECTION IS MY FRIEND!

[edit on 29-7-2009 by king9072]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join