It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to buy swine flu vaccine for entire population

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Israel to buy swine flu vaccine for entire population

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090729/wl_mideast_afp/healthfluisraelvaccine;_ylt=AiGs5ABSUhm6v9xDYRDfG3qs0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'Nha2dncTQ2BGFzc2V0A2Fmc C8yMDA5MDcyOS9oZWFsdGhmbHVpc3JhZWx2YWNjaW5lBGNwb3M'___'AEcG9zAzcEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNpc3JhZWx0b2J1eXM-]news.yahoo.com[/ url]

Wed Jul 29, 9:08 am ET
JERUSALEM (AFP) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday ordered health authorities to buy up swine flu vaccine for the country's entire 7.5 million population, his office said.
The decision came at the end of a meeting with top health officials to discuss measures to tackle the A(H1N1) virus that has so far killed one person and infected thousands in Israel.
The prime minister's office put the likely cost of the vaccine stock-up at some 450 million shekels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Not gonna lie, this is a little frightening to read. It's no different than when we were recently talking about the UK doing the same

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am one of the believers that the Swine Flu 'crisis' is blown out of proportion and after the mishaps of the 1976 Swine Flu mishaps there is no way I would take the vaccine.

What is Israel thinking?!?

These drugs have skipped many of the preliminary testing methods that other medical products undergo.... And with waivers protecting the Pharm firms that make them!!!

-Sliadon

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090729/wl_mideast_afp/healthfluisraelvaccine;_ylt=AiGs5ABSUhm6v9xDYRDfG3qs0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'Nha2dncTQ2BGFzc2V0A2Fmc C8yMDA5MDcyOS9oZWFsdGhmbHVpc3JhZWx2YWNjaW5lBGNwb3M'___'AEcG9zAzcEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNpc3JhZWx0b2J1eXM-]news.yahoo.com[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon

These drugs have skipped many of the preliminary testing methods that other medical products undergo.... And with waivers protecting the Pharm firms that make them!!!

-Sliadon

They are probably just thinking what the rest of the world's leaders are thinking. Whatever the motive is behind this vaccine, it is being/going to be forced on massive portions of the population, which is scary in its' own right.

The way I see it, there are 2 possibilities:

1.) The vaccine has a sinister motive. Millions will die/become sterile/lose some form of higher consciousness. The goal will be to subdue and control a large portion of the population to minimize riots and backlash when world governments unite under TPTB.

2.) The vaccine has a benevolent purpose, but will be catastrophic due to the lack of oversight/speed at which it is being prepared. Thousands if not millions will be affected negatively by the vaccine in worse ways than they would if they had contracted the flu. People will die, be paralyzed, disabled, or just be more likely to die from the flu. No one will be able to do anything about it because the pharmaceuticals have been given immunity in regards to the vaccine.

I tend to lean towards #1, but that's the conspiratorial side of me coming out. In either case, stay away from that damned vaccine. You do NOT want to put anything in your body that a company cannot be held legally responsible for. That's just common sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I tend to lean towards #1, but that's the conspiratorial side of me coming out. In either case, stay away from that damned vaccine. You do NOT want to put anything in your body that a company cannot be held legally responsible for. That's just common sense.

That seems to be the general agreement here on ATS and people that know what happened before.

Like I said above, what scares me the most is how companies like Baxter are getting 100% liability waived if something backfires...

And with as many steps as are being skipped, I dread the consequences that will be waged on innocent people trusting their government to lead them to safety only to find themselves led to their probable death...

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Because humans are sometimes very stupid I tend to think nr.2 will come into effect.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

They are worried about our salvation.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I'm not sure I get your joke.

Sorry!

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think that it is local politicians covering their behinds. If nothing really bad happens to majority of population, well - tax payers money wasted. Not the first time and not the last. But if something bad happens and it would be like 1918 damage in the winter, they would be heroes. Not hard choice to make actually.
So far there is no real panic in Israel.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I think that it is local politicians covering their behinds. If nothing really bad happens to majority of population, well - tax payers money wasted. Not the first time and not the last. But if something bad happens and it would be like 1918 damage in the winter, they would be heroes. Not hard choice to make actually.
So far there is no real panic in Israel.

Such actions are wrong on so many levels though!

To me, it isn't the issue of them acting in an over-prepared manner. Too many times governments have fallen short on fulfilling their duties and have been flamed for it. Just look at Hurricane Katrina for example. The United States - FEMA more specifically - is taking many precautions now to avoid another massive P.R. bomb. And I am okay with the leaders of the world wanting to avoid a situation where it can be claimed they didn't do enough to prevent such a potentially global catastrophe.

My issues lie with the large scale administering of the vaccine with no legal recourse for companies should their vaccine make a giant "oopsie." And with the global attention this Swine Flu has received, many people will be lining up for the shot, not knowing the risks involved.

Most American's can't even tell you all 50 states or even where other Nations of the world are located. Major Media reporting Swine Flu's potential is overly distorted and many of those people don't know the facts and will blindly follow the recommendations to get the vaccine.

-Sliadon

Note to ZeroKnowledge: My anger face at the beginning isn't directed at you Zero, just the mentality some of these leaders have

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I've read all of these rumors of forced vaccinations in Europe, NA, etc, but can't find anything regarding Israel. It would be rather amusing to see them try to force vaccinate the Israelis. LOL, it would be like trying to herd cats.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oeden

He's not referring to a forced vaccination, just that some leaders are lining up for receiving the vaccine to try and come across as someone that "saved" his people from death from Swine Flu.

Rather grandiose thoughts of them, dontcha think?

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon
reply to post by Oeden

He's not referring to a forced vaccination, just that some leaders are lining up for receiving the vaccine to try and come across as someone that "saved" his people from death from Swine Flu.

Rather grandiose thoughts of them, dontcha think?

-Sliadon

I realize he wasn't talking about forced vaccinations, but I was openly wondering if anyone had heard anything of the such without actually asking, instead using sarcastic humor.

I did find this on Ynet

Professor Gabi Barabash, head of the Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv, said he was skeptical an effective vaccine against swine flu will be produced soon. He recommended that the public be vaccinated against common influenza ahead of wintertime, "In order to reduce morbidity rates and ease the pressure on hospitals."

According to Barabash, up-to-date medical research makes it clear that "an effective, proven and safe vaccine will not be ready before the coming winter. It seems we will have to go through winter without one."

The piece goes onto to say that the common flu Tamiflu only decreases the chance of infection by 5%. Is this a sound investment especially considering that these H1N1 vaccines aren't even developed yet nor would there be adequate time to test them? (perhaps I'm going off topic) It is difficult for me to find statistical numbers on deaths and psychological cases related to these vaccines.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Oeden

Re-reading your post, my apologies Oeden.

Now taking that in context your closing line makes a little more sense to me.

It would be rather amusing to see them try to force vaccinate the Israelis. LOL, it would be like trying to herd cats.

Good luck with that.

Thank you for posting that secondary link!

In your response to it,

Originally posted by Oeden
The piece goes onto to say that the common flu Tamiflu only decreases the chance of infection by 5%. Is this a sound investment especially considering that these H1N1 vaccines aren't even developed yet nor would there be adequate time to test them? (perhaps I'm going off topic) It is difficult for me to find statistical numbers on deaths and psychological cases related to these vaccines.

The 5% added effectiveness tidbit only adds to the fueling of the fire that such actions are ludicrous to attempt to pursue.

Thanks Oeden!

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
well, well, well......................

Doesn't that kind throw a monkey wrentch into the anti Isreal crowd...

You know, the ones that try to blame everything on Isreal....

Well, how can "they" be behind a plot with the flu if they have purchased enough to cover their entire population????

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I'm sorry I missed the part where some people blamed Israel for the swine flu

What you are talking about is completely irrelevant to this thread

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

well, well, well......................

Doesn't that kind throw a monkey wrentch into the anti Isreal crowd...

You know, the ones that try to blame everything on Isreal....

Well, how can "they" be behind a plot with the flu if they have purchased enough to cover their entire population????

Well there does happen to be a plot to create a New Jerusalem to house the 144,000 of the twelve lost tribes of Israel but I suppose that is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It was a sarcastic comment refering to the following....

There is a very "vocal" group of posters who will, usually sooner than later, blame every and anything on Isreal/US.

There have been rants about zionts and forced vaccinations, nwo garbage... this was what I refered to.

It may have been "slightly" off topic, but we all know it's painfully true.

Back on topic, we can get a few things from this.

One, The leaders of Isreal are taking "swine" flu very seriously.
Two, I "personally" have no word on precautions, if any, being taken by Isreals neighbors.
Three, I get a sick feeling inside my gut that many world leaders know something we don't. How do they kno what is going to be a "bad one" vs others?How much advanced warning do/did they have?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
It was a sarcastic comment refering to the following....

There is a very "vocal" group of posters who will, usually sooner than later, blame every and anything on Isreal/US.

Dude, if these two countries, no no, let me rephrase
if the govt.s of these two countries are always involved in covert wars and oppression what do you expect?

Israel has ALOT of blame it deserves
U.S. is involved in every war on the planet

What else would you expect?

A wise man once said "you expect me to turn the other cheek, but in case you haven't noticed that's why we burning every other week".

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Three, I get a sick feeling inside my gut that many world leaders know something we don't. How do they kno what is going to be a "bad one" vs others?How much advanced warning do/did they have?

I don't see it as Swine Flu being a severe issue. Unless the conspiracies of course about it being created by scientists ring true and it has been modified again to have more potency. I see it as either a global scam to make a few powerful people very, and I mean very rich, or a plan to wipe out large numbers of people in a relatively easy manner.

I know I have been beating this point to the ground, but what other motives could you have for skipping testing stages and granting companies immunity from legal recourse? They want something to happen. I don't think its a concern of "No other possible plan of action" because anything is better than leading susceptible Sheeple to their untimely deaths.

With Cults you have to avoid drinking the Kool-aid...
With Swine Flu you have to avoid taking the vaccine...

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Do you have any literature or threads related to this concept you are speaking of? I am unaware to this particular conspiracy. I know a lot of anti-Zionist threads exist on ATS but never have stumbled across that one. Thanks!

-Sliadon

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join