It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new bright spot on Venus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
October sometime when we smash a ship into our moon too. what are they upto??

Yup you have to really wonder at this 'new science' of blowing things up to study them. They say the imapct will toss 300 tons 6 miles into the 'air' Now the idea is to confirm the water in that frozen lake (100 sq km by 50 ft deep that Clementine found) Now how smart is that? Waste 300 tonnes and contaminate the water?

Whats sad is even Scientific American syas..

NASA's mission to bomb the Moon

And don't forget they blasted Temple 1 comet and got a surprise secondary explosion you could see from Earth

Deep Impact

NASA Cosmic Terrorists

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
i have to admit Zorgon. I am not too educated on these kinds of experiments, but it does seem to me like there must be a better way to study things than to smash things into them?

Why not send a robot that can get some kind of xrays?

Im sure they have this type of technology already and use it for finding oil.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
They do... at least some of them have cooler heads and a brain. Galileo was originally suppose to smash into Europa to crack the ice... but they stopped them for fear of contamination with the plutonium

Ya think?

Here is the one they are testing in Antarctica before they send it to the Ice Moon Europa

Almost looks like a UFO

Its called ENDURANCE

I sure hope the Critters under the ice on Europa won't mind the intrusion

I wonder if NASA would release the picture just as the probe is about to get eaten

[edit on 2-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yes, endurance,

i posted about that here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that would be a mission worth beaming live on NASA tv.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The surface of Venus is relatively smooth suggesting that it is young which gives rise to theories of volcanic activity. There are some images of the surface that show what look like channels where lava once flowed but the direction of flow is inclined gaining quite a bit of elevation. Since this therefore cannot be considered evidence of volcanic activity all that we have left is speculation due to the young surface as far as I know.

Another odd contradiction of Venus is the thick atmosphere, 90 times more dense than Earth's and yet Venus has no magnetic field. Magnetic fields protect a planets atmosphere from the Sun's solar wind and Venus' atmosphere is being boiled away but I don't see how this could still be going on after 100 million years let alone 4.5 billion. So Venus either recently lost its magnetic field or somehow gained more atmosphere from somewhere either of which indicate a catastrophic event.

The atmosphere that is being boiled off was detected by a satellite in Earth's orbit during the transit in June 8, 2004. This comet tail from Venus is made up of Ions and is about 25 million miles long, the reason there is so much atmosphere left is a mystery. This might be evidence that Venus has not been there over the past billion or even million years.

If the solar wind kicks up and accelerates the stripping away of Venus' atmosphere we might get to experience some wild effects during the next transit in June 6, 2012.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join