It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new bright spot on Venus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hi all,

im sorry if this has already been posted, i have searched to no avail!

It seems than Jupiter is not the only planet showing facial scars at the moment. Venus is showing a very bright white spot near its south pole.

Scientists are unsure to exatcly what it is, but many are suggesting it could be Volcanic Activity.

Venus observer Frank Melillo reports on his images captured on 19 July: "I have seen bright spots before but this one is an exceptional bright and quite intense area."

www.astronomynow.com...

Interesting times indeed. Isnt it great when the planets have the experts guessing!!

Whats next??

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I'll bet you anything this will be used in the next big prediction thread...

OMG....Venus ignited or something, but

good find and S+F for tht.....

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Interesting!

Thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

I'll bet you anything this will be used in the next big prediction thread...

good find and S+F for tht.....

Peace

Now you'r just being silly
it is the Stargate lining up so the aliens can come and grab us ! Stop scaring people !

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Recently we've seen a few sunspots, lunar eclipse , A Jupitor impact area,monoliths, lunar impact, and now a bright spot on the south of Venus. A lot of activity being noticed around the solar system. What's next disclosure?Yeah right. Does Venus have volcanic activity? or is this a rare occurance?What else could it be? As many posters write "I'll keep my eye on this one" That's probably all we can do.:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

- Year Of Astronomy 2009 -

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Right, sorry about that.

But this is actually really interesting.....i'll be following this one

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It is interesting that within about the past one month's time... sun spots, Jupiter impact, and now Venus anomaly all appear on respective southern hemispheres.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
Recently we've seen a few sunspots, lunar eclipse , A Jupitor impact area,monoliths, lunar impact, and now a bright spot on the south of Venus. A lot of activity being noticed around the solar system. What's next disclosure?Yeah right. Does Venus have volcanic activity? or is this a rare occurance?What else could it be? As many posters write "I'll keep my eye on this one" That's probably all we can do.:

Ok, forgetting the monoliths (as that is clearly nonsense), can you tell me more about this Lunar impact, i've heard nothing about that.

--Oh.. ignore, i misread that! Oops!

[edit on 29-7-2009 by phoenix103]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
Does Venus have volcanic activity? or is this a rare occurance?

It certainly does have volcanic activity. Venus has been known to split the scientific community in the past. Mainly due to it's surface which appears to have very few impact craters, and is approximately the same age (new) all over.

On one hand you have people who believe this was a slow but continual process of renewal. Maybe through volcanism, acid rain and the corrosive atmosphere I would imagine. And on the other hand you have people who believe some type of catastrophic event effected the whole planet in a very short time... but what that event would be is anyones guess.

This may have been resolved but I haven't heard anything for a long time now. Venus is a mystery planet worthy of more investigation.

IRM

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

There is a school of thought that proposes venus experienced a massive catastrophe in the recent past(less than 100 million years ago), that entirely remelted the surface of the planet and thats why venus has so little cratering. It could also account for venus's atmospheric conditions. There is a paper out there by a navy astronomer that covers such possiblities.
Ill see if i can find it its very good.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by A por uvas

- Year Of Astronomy 2009 -

i agree. its never entered my head before to want a telescope as bad as it has this year. Pity i cant afford one just now!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm curious if there's some recent thermal type of imaging of this particular area. I can't help but wonder if it could also be some type of storm, such as the fictional storm in the move: The Day after Tomorrow.

If the sun is in a low solar activity, and Mars has shown a similar cooling affect, than maybe this is a cooling storm instead? Would a storm such as this also reflect light like a frozen arctic pole might do?
Maybe it's a really large mountain volcano?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Hmmmm, what's up with this.....

Venus images captured on 19 July:

Impact mark on Jupiter, 19th July 2009

Isn't that a bit much of a coincidence?? Both Venus and Jupiter got hit around the same time.....

And isn't there suppose to be the Perseids meteor shower coming up??

Can't wait!!!

Perseids mid-July to late August 11-13 August northern hemisphere fast, bright, and colourful with many trains

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

If you find it, I'd love to check out the link. These aspects of Venus' past are worthy of their own thread IMHO!

IRM

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
its interesting that there has been a lot of discussion raised in the last year about the brightness of Venus as a whole.

Its maybe nothing, but I have to say I have never noticed Venus being so large and bright as it is now. Is it just me?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I have also been noticing them, even stop in the street or look out of my window at them with binoculars lately. I can't ever remember seeing anything so bright and close looking.

Beautiful. But certainly strange.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thinking out loud with this, but could it possibly be weapons testing? I think NASA has been a bit more active recently.

The new Venus Express images show that the bright spot actually appeared in the planet's southern hemisphere four days before Melillo saw it and that it has since begun to spread out, becoming stretched by the wind's in Venus' thick atmosphere.

I found the end of this interesting, if it was a possible detonation; something like a nuclear bomb, would the resulting mushroom cloud spread with the directions of the wind?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Guys and Gals... come on now this is a conspiracy site...

Surely you can do better? :shk:

Its NASA up to its old tricks... Remember the spot that formed when Galileo smashed into Jupiter with 37.5 pounds of plutonium?

And then there was this last attempt on Venus

NASA Flyby Shooting Of Venus

June 5, 2007:

Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens.

Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

The spacecraft is MESSENGER, and the planet is Venus. On June 5, 2007, MESSENGER will fly past Venus just 338 km above the planet's surface--and it will shoot a laser into the clouds.

science.nasa.gov...

And you guys think I make this stuff up

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

wow. just goes to show. we dont know the half of whats going on up there with NASA.

October sometime when we smash a ship into our moon too. what are they upto??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join