It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can man be Satan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ok, first off please note my thread heading is in the form of a question not a statement.

I was reading the first few chapters of Genesis and found myself in deep thought. I know the Old Testaments story of creation is simply just a story, but I also know there are deep mysteries behind it. I'm far from any type of scholar with this stuff so I'm hoping someone can share some insight.

God strictly told Adam, the stories representation of man, "You are free to eat from any trees in the garden except the tree of knowledge of good and bad."

Why would God want man ignorant? Can man only be at one with God and nature through ignorance of right and wrong? Why is it the serpent who offers man knowledge? Does the serpent represent knowledge itself? Is this why science leads many to a road where God just doesn't fit in? The serpent told man that through gaining knowledge man can become God, isn't that what Satan is said to want to do?

So my question is knowledge and nature the ultimate duelality represented between God and Satan. Why not? What more destructive force is there against nature then man? Can the mystery behind the bibles creation story be that man is Satan?

Just a thought I had and felt compelled to share.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The winding up the spine of kundalini energy provoking the mind to grasp a duality throwing the natural human being out of oneness with the all in all, I think would make a good physical representation of the allegory.. ?
Then, we are thrown from that realm or domain, into a world of right and wrong, or should, and shouldn't, of good, and evil - a false paradigm, thereafter giving rise to all suffering, sin, evil, and separation.

The cross of Jesus Christ may then be considered, from a certain perspective, to represent the re-introduction of the tree of life, resolving the problem introduced by the eating of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Thus, true Christianity transcends any sort of law based morality of should and shouldn't, liberating the individual back into the garden of Eden realm of what is, and what is to be. And to eat this spiritual "food" is simply to appropriate its deeper esoteric meaning and significance, to "grok" it most fully.

Satan may then be likened to an energy of temptation, and a phenomenon of self awareness in duality and separation, something sure to happen to man at some point, given our dualistic nature and where we sit on the cosmic evolutionary ladder, being the last, who are therefore first..

So I would conclude that you're right, and that "Satan" is really nothing more than a faulty program and a terrible bad habit of thought! A selfish tendency, and a view of man as separate, from others and from the creation.

Satan was conquored or bound once at the cross, and again, through the unfolding of the eternally present moment of now, in the second coming of Christ with the emergence of Christ consciousness or God-consciousness, which is an evolutionary phenomenon, organic, and holographic, AND universal.

"All creation groans in travail for the revelation of the sons of God."

Man stands at the apex of the creation, so our fall involves the creation's fall from grace, which is a matter of perception and consciousness.

Our job in this life, is to redeem it, by casting off the old, outmoded paradigm which contributes to that separation, and I would therefore like to extend to one and all free tickets to the wedding feast of all ages, coming soon to our planet (most people will be too busy or preoccupied however, to "get it", and others, attached to a poor viewpoint which is a product of the separate self worldview). You must be prepared when the time when the new age comes, to leave ALL attachments behind and go quickly when the door is opened, and enter in.

But when the door closes again, remember, the good will continue to go good and the evil evil, and the only difference will be the permamence of the distinction, and the loss of choice available after that.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hmm, something came to mind when I read this. Knowledge of good and evil = duality. Before eating the fruit they would have been nondualistic by default (which nowadays is a state of mind many take practice and time to reach). Eating the fruit would have certainly given them the ability to judge things, especially as good or evil. Interesting topic.

Like God started us out higher up the evolutionary stages, not requiring us to go through them all. But since we didn't experience and grow on our own, we could not maintain that, and moved backwards into duality.

So then the true evil would be a perspective sort of thing, "the way you view your world." There is no objective good and bad, only judgements of good and bad.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish

So my question is knowledge and nature the ultimate duelality represented between God and Satan.

People have always been freaked out about snakes, so it's only natural that religion would portray knowledge as a snake. The whole purpose of any religion is to keep you blind, scared and spiritually enslaved. Knowledge is the enemy of religion.

Free the chains on your mind and the chains on your soul are gone.

Can man be Satan? Not sure but I know women can. I was married to it for ten freakin' years.

Joking aside, This is just my opinion, no. I say that because I don't even believe in Satan or that anyone can sin against God.

If this is punishment then somebody chain me to the wall.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Thrown into a realm of good and bad...

Realizing right and wrong in itself has created it?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Exactly!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Try reading the other spin on it, and just considering it with an open mind, that the allegory involved just might be meaningful and of significance, containing in its exoteric meaning, a very profound deep truth about the nature of man in creation. Please, just set aside your prejudice and bias, already formed, for a moment and consider if you will, another perspective, another possibility.. I wish anti-religious people could for a moment consider that there is ancient wisdom contained in many of these texts.

Moses is purported to have written the book of Genesis btw, and he was a fully indoctrinated adept or innitiate of the ancient Egyptian mystery school.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

But what does that say about ignorance? How does a wolf view killing its prey? Can the killing by the ignorant be evil? Can evil exist without any knowledge? Did mans knowledge create what we know as evil?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Joking aside, This is just my opinion, no. I say that because I don't even believe in Satan or that anyone can sin against God.

If this is punishment then somebody chain me to the wall.

There can be no sin against the divine. If an all loving creator is responsible for the existence we persist in, the only person we can sin against is ourselves.

Just a momentary thought.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

Yeah, exactly. We were one with everything, the most evolved creation in the universe (Eden), and then we became two, and everything became two, divided, separated, thrown out into suffering.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Eden then, may be likened to a state of mind and a perceptual reality which is present in at one ment and reintegration back into oneness, in the case of Christianity via a radical, transformative forgiveness, which is absolute, unmerited (free) and unconditional (can't do anything to earn or deserve it). And then we're at the end of the Bible, where the spirit and the bride say come, and where two trees (brain hemispheres?) are seen on ither side of a continually flowing river of living water, which all who approach can drink freely of (flow of life, flow of eternal life).
It's all about the human mind and human consciousness and human perception, but non-locally and holographically, it effects the whole of all creation, however solipsistic that may seem at first glance. It's like man is center stage in a cosmic drama, that's the frame of reference for the stage on which this Earth drama has played out from before the dawn of civilization, unto the present moment in history - represented in the Bible, both historically, and allegorically.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

But can the divine or what is perfect, holy, and just - compromise with sin and evil? Can it contain it?

This is the reason and the proper interpretation of the cross, as a standard of justice, whereby no compromise is made.

And if man is at the apex of the creative evolutionary process across all time and space (evolutionary non-locality), then it is entirely in the realm of possible that man was made by universal intelligent design to contain non other than the spirit of the universe, the spirit of the living God, which makes Jesus the second Adam, and the first born of many, and indeed, the son of the living God, but offering only an all-inclusive, not an exclusive proposition.

"And as my father hath sent me, even so send I you."

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Thank you so much for the replies. It leaves me much to think on, and is much appreciated

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread. I will star and flag as I would enjoy reading more ideas about the question. I don't have an opinion on this, yet. But who knows? Maybe I will be enlightened.
I have 3 daughters and one of them, her two sisters always referred to as Satan when she was a teenager.
She was absolutely.......hm.......just say she was a tough person to handle. She is bi-polar and we didn't realize at the time. She's certainly no Jesus, now, lol, but much better that her sisters call her by her real name now.
Interesting, duality, bi-polar, hmmm......I will have to delve further into all this.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You're most welcome.

One more thing to consider (sad how this was moved from the Psychology, Philsophy and Metaphysics forum, where imo it belonged).

The teachings of Lao Tzu, Confucius and Buddha who were near contemporaries to one another approx 600 years BC - may very well have been transmitted to Jesus of Nazareth, rendered allegorically as The Three Wise Men from the East (from the Orient), their slightly different flavours of teaching, the three prescious substances offered at the "birth" of the Christ ie: moment of his epiphany. To this day, around Christmas time, there is a celebration surrounding the three wise men called "Epiphany Sunday"..!

That would complete the puzzle in a lot of ways in terms of the ideas I was wanting to impart in this thread.

Regards,

OmegaPoint

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
But can the divine or what is perfect, holy, and just - compromise with sin and evil? Can it contain it?

Souls are self-determining, the Divine is all encompassing. The divine *IS* evil, just as much as it is good. The Divine is Creation, and has no more morality than paint on a wall. What the Divine is, though, is a Creator Being with the impetus of a Creator being; to keep Creation going. That is it's sole motivation and intent.

Entropy occurs where the Divine contacts the Void Entity... and we happen to live on the skein of this accidental outcome.

This is the reason and the proper interpretation of the cross, as a standard of justice, whereby no compromise is made.

Justice, as in another thread, is just a word for Jurisprudence; Man's desire for recompense. Justice has nothing to do with the Divine, and Retribution and such is likewise divorced of Creation... these are Man's playthings.

And if man is at the apex of the creative evolutionary process across all time and space (evolutionary non-locality), then it is entirely in the realm of possible that man was made by universal intelligent design to contain non other than the spirit of the universe, the spirit of the living God, which makes Jesus the second Adam, and the first born of many, and indeed, the son of the living God, but offering only an all-inclusive, not an exclusive proposition.

"And as my father hath sent me, even so send I you."

Man is not alone, but has in-made purpose. The other races also had in-made purpose.

They are absent now, seen only through momentary lapses of the barrier between this and the missing reflection.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by TheColdDragon]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
This is a very interesting thread. I will star and flag as I would enjoy reading more ideas about the question. I don't have an opinion on this, yet. But who knows? Maybe I will be enlightened.
I have 3 daughters and one of them, her two sisters always referred to as Satan when she was a teenager.
She was absolutely.......hm.......just say she was a tough person to handle. She is bi-polar and we didn't realize at the time. She's certainly no Jesus, now, lol, but much better that her sisters call her by her real name now.
Interesting, duality, bi-polar, hmmm......I will have to delve further into all this.

I think your on to something here, not quite sure what it is though. I just did quick look on google with duality and bipolar together and there seemed to be quite a lot of info on it. I didn't dig into it to far as it is late and, I'm tired but, I will definitely look into it tomorrow...
BTW, great thread Xtinguish. S&F for you

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

You're most welcome.

One more thing to consider (sad how this was moved from the Psychology, Philsophy and Metaphysics forum, where imo it belonged).

The teachings of Lao Tzu, Confucius and Buddha who were near contemporaries to one another approx 600 years BC - may very well have been transmitted to Jesus of Nazareth, rendered allegorically as The Three Wise Men from the East (from the Orient), their slightly different flavours of teaching, the three prescious substances offered at the "birth" of the Christ ie: moment of his epiphany. To this day, around Christmas time, there is a celebration surrounding the three wise men called "Epiphany Sunday"..!

That would complete the puzzle in a lot of ways in terms of the ideas I was wanting to impart in this thread.

Regards,

OmegaPoint

Yeah I thought it would be considered metaphysics too...ah well. I will have to read more in to Confucius to continue with that. I have a certain desire to begin studying the major religions. I am starting with Christianity because I have been raised a Christian. I started tonight with the book of Genesis and already I am deep in thought! I am expecting a very amazing journey.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Thanks for the kind words! I hope you find something in your research! I hope even more you share it with us as I plan to do! The S&F is much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I will most definitely share what I find. This is great stuff. Besides ufos and aliens and, beside the fact that I really don't care for religions, I think about this stuff a lot. It is quite interesting and thought provoking. My mind is always wondering and thinking about this stuff, it gets distracting at times because its always on my mind and, I tend to get lost in my own world thinking about it, not always a good thing depending on where I am and what im doing at any point in time but, what can I say, I like to let my mind wonder...

PEACE!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join