It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can man be Satan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"I'd yield me to the Devil instantly;
Did it not happen that I myself am he!"
-J. W. von Goethe, Faust

[edit on 7/29/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Wish more people thought like you, OmegaPoint.

Indeed, "satan" is hebrew: "Shaytan" = the adversary.. the adversary within.

Most christians take the children's bedtime story version of the bible and never look deeper into the significance of the symbolism.
Stuck.. for the rest of their life at a 3rd grade perception emotionally and intellectually.. of a very deep and wide piece of important literature.

Satan is often described as a man with horns, with a tail, with hooves.. showing that he is man, with animal attributes.

everybody here, IMO are not human beings... but intellectual animals.. constantly obeying their primitive instinctual urges.. obeying satan..
not some demon person outside of themselves.. not some actual person named satan.. but a symbolic representation of man's actual nature..

and to evolve spiritually past that.. and use satan against himself is to ascend this path of enlightenment..

to be "less animalistic"
and more spiritually virtuous.. more sharing. .more conscious of other's needs and feelings.. less selfish... less animalistic.

less satanic.

at least "satanists" are honest.. they worship themselves knowing what satan actually is.. lol...
while most christians run around like chickens with their heads cut off screaming THERES THE DEVIL he's over THERE!!! no he's over HERE!!

NEVER pointing the finger inward and coming to terms that the REAL satanic adversary to overcome... dwells within your own physiology...

The greatest trick the Devil ever did, was convincing Christians into thinking that he would try to trick them into thinking he didn't exist. - Me

-

[edit on 29-7-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

A growth in spiritualism would take us from whatever Satan may be. But my question is on a growth of knowing. Is this what God tried to shield man from when he attempted to keep him in his primal state? Why would God want man ignorant of all things? Satan is the one who is said to offer or trick man into knowledge. I am assuming the serpent in the book of Genesis is Satan and not some other entity which it very well may be.

This story is also in the Quran. Who is this entity that gave man the gift of knowledge and why is it represented to be against God and nature?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Xtinguish]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
These days I've been thinking that everyone eventually has to look the devil in the eyes before they can truly become aware of who and what they are (which is the real reason why humanity suffers).

The whole story of God, the devil and man was created for us to learn the difference between good and evil, matter and spirit, death and life. We started down a journey of discovery when we partook of that legendary tree of good and evil and it was at this point in time that the Human Soul overshadowed matter and we became aware of our physical nature. It was at this point, so legend has it, that we became aware of good and evil, our spiritual and formless nature and our physical nature of form. One representing life, the other death.

Eventually we come full circle and live as "One" again, as exemplified by the Krishnas, the Buddhas, the Christs and the Mohammeds of our history.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Nice post.

And when we come to really see the truth, and distinguish Satan has nothing more than a bad program running in our own minds, based on dualistic materialism, the "Satan" becomes nothing more than a cosmic laughing stock of all ages, and then, when at last we can laugh at the devil within and cease to take ourselves too seriously, then AHHHH! then there is PEACE!!!

The "secret" of satan is just a trick employing the divided middle to divide and separate.

Once you see it, then the energy of satan loses all power, and "he" is overcome, right across the entire spectrum, of ALL being and becoming.

And then we win, and come to realize that the whole universe is ours, and man, according to his proper stature, made by intelligent design in the image and likeness of God, finally takes his place at the apex of the cosmic evolutionary pyramid, and there cracks a funny joke about himself..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

A funny joke about himself? Like, "Well...that was easy."

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
..."and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Let's party!"

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm glad this was moved back to the psychology, philsophy and metaphysics forum where it belongs.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
I'm glad this was moved back to the psychology, philsophy and metaphysics forum where it belongs.

Ha! Yeah they keep moving the thread around!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join