It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested in silence: Police use Taser, pepper spray on deaf man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Until we take to the streets and protest at the station doors, nothing will change. Screaming online at each of these cases does nothing... nothing at all.

The police state can form undeterred, as we won't even leave our houses.. what would our forefathers say?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Bad cops

no donuts

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Tasers aren't meant for punishment.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

WTF?

Are they meant for rewards?

GMAFB..............give me a break!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I couldn't agree more.

We all sit on here pointing to the next video, as if we need more proof of the state of our States.

"I didn't realize how corrupt our banking system was until I saw that video. Now I believe!"

What is to be done?

Voting has nearly become a joke.

Calls and letters to our Reps are replied to with nicely worded reasoning telling us why Rep. So-and-so could give a squirt as to what we think.

Most people are too frightened to even talk, and go about reminding people to be careful, because they can track you down, find out where you live.

Better not say such things.

I watch, and it seems like option after option is being removed from the table.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

A joke sums it all up. Great post.

It's the fear factor.......OMG

The taser is here and here to stay.

Tase first ask later!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I can't for the life of it understand how the cops figured that the guy is somehow dangerous. Was it only because he didn't respond to the door being beaten? If anyone who doesn't respond to cops is considered possibly dangerous and then cops go to 'taze first, ask later' mode then I really feel sorry for deaf people.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The immediate question I have is, why didn't they wait for him to exit the bathroom instead of breaking in the door?

I see so many cases these days of police officers using their "authority" over other people in a very confrontational and provocative manner. It seems now that merely questioning their authority or asking them to explain their actions is grounds for violence and prosecution.
In short, even if innocent of any criminal activity, they'll hit you with resisting arrest charges, thus making you a criminal for merely trying to assert your innocence in any matter.

Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?

We seem to very rapidly be moving away from law enforcement into the realms of everybody NOT a police officer being fair game for a beating. Hell, even after they give you a beating, if you manage to hurt them even mildly, they'll even apply for compensation and time off to recover themselves, while the victim gets a court date, fine and / or jail time. This is nothing more than simple bullying on a large scale - and they even get to trump up charges to cover their own violent acts!

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm lost for words...I felt so bad reading this article I actually felt sick to the stomach and nearly cried.A man with the mental abilities of a 10 year old child treated in this way reminds me of the Nazi's.What kind of sick depraved mind does this sort of thing.To all you Americans on ATS I prey you never give up your guns ,If you have cops like this on the loose you may need them to defend yourselves from these monsters.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Everyones arguing over the use of a tazer on a deaf guy , and that theres good cops and bad cops , the only thing I see is the fact that teh tazer is now becoming the weapon of choice for even the smallest infraction.
I thought that the tazer was supposed to be used as a last resort before pulling your gun?

Tazers are used willynilly these days by the 'bad' cops who can't be bothered talking their way out of a situation, instead of findng out whats actually happening its easier to simply draw the tazer and fire and then worry about what the root of the problem is at the end of it all.

Im sure that if tazers hadn't been invented this situation would have been 'Cops pepper spray deaf man using bathroom then fire blindly through the door with their weapons'. I know my wife has a condition that means if she's unwell , she's on the crapper for at least half an hour , maybe longer, if it had happened in the states then I' expect some do-gooder to call the cops and they'd come and use C4 to open the door...

If there's no answer , try looking through the keyhole first, suppose someone had collapsed in the bathroom and was lying on the floor, I'm sure pepper spraying at floor level would have some serious after effects?

The police need better training in Humanities before blasting away with tools they're issued with, maybe the forces of the world should hire people with an ounce of common sense next time they recrut.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer
reply to post by Aeons

WTF?

Are they meant for rewards?

GMAFB..............give me a break!!!!!!!!!

Not everything is an either or.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He should have been LISTENING to them! ........Oh wait......nevermind...yeah, that's messed up

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I can't for the life of it understand how the cops figured that the guy is somehow dangerous. Was it only because he didn't respond to the door being beaten? If anyone who doesn't respond to cops is considered possibly dangerous and then cops go to 'taze first, ask later' mode then I really feel sorry for deaf people.

A police force full of under qualified GED recipients saw the umbrella and figured "What did the manual say? .. Didn't read it either? .. Looks pointy.. lets tase him!"

But it doesn't matter anyways. Nothing will happen, no one cares, the police officers will be back on the street by now and going about life like nothing out of the ordinary ever happened. Save they may have a new joke to tell at parties, about the day they tasered a def mentally ill man sitting on a toilet holding an umbrella. What cop won't find that hilarious?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1st Person Conspiracy

While I completely agree with you that an umbrella is in fact a lethal weapon in the right hands, not in the hands of an untrained person with the mentality of a child.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join