It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, I am God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So Ramachandran is someone i've been watching lately, and turns out he has religious stances, which made me nearly fall in love with the guy. (not like that you sickos).

Ramachandran comes across a boy/man, who has 'Temporal Lobe Epilepsy'.

He encounters extreme fits of pain, along with extreme fits of pleasure.

But, there's just another thing, for a while 'He believe he was God', omnipotent, omniscient, omniwhatever!

This is amazing.

This tells us many things that can bring differing views upon the olden days of the creation of gods.

I love the part were he actually talks about starting his own religion, and his views on the world because of these seizures and the philosophical views of the world he's being thrown into, by misfiring and random firing of neurons!

Now, i'm not necesarily saying jesus suffered from this, but I wouldn't be to surprised if he did, and it just edited out his seizures.

I'll post the two part videos of it in the next post.

cbc.ucsd.edu... Here is a bio, of Ramachandran. Courtesy of Slayer69, if he doesn't want his name here, i'll be glad to remove it.

The most troubling part was when he spoke about starting a religious movement and sure of having followers who will actually follow!

The look in his eyes are the same as I see in many evangelicals.

Looking for input.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Part 1

Part 2

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Careful buddy, ... or he will send your junk to hell, haha.

... In the grand scheme of things, are we not all " god" ??? ... small pieces of the whole ???

Are these " random" firing of neurons really random ?? ... Some would say the concept of randomness doesn't exist.

Is this temporal lobe condition somehow allowing him to sidestep the fail saf'es of the mind and connect to the " godhead".

... or is he just bats**t crazy ?
how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop ?

the world will never know.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Seizure conditions causing religious belief are nothing new. There's a really good book about a nun who had it... I don't remember the name. But they screen people like nuns for it now.

www.annalsofian.org...

serendip.brynmawr.edu...

There are lots of studies like those. I think the composition of individual brains causes a greater likelihood for religious belief in some people. More serious conditions can cause more exaggerated beliefs.

[edit on 7/28/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I expected that view to come up.

What makes it random, another thing that this Deity, seems to be so hellbent on, or people seem to contourt everything to fit their original idea.

Why would a deity, work so hard to keep himself hidden.

Thats complete nonsense, the only way to heaven is to believe in something, that is incredibly hidden, and has no evidence? Really, that's the game, hide and seek, but it's been 2,000 years, and well we're ready to start looking for why we're still playing hide and seek.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You've done it, I don't believe in god anymore, I now know he's not a real being

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Thank you for the additional info, I know me personally am just now finding this, in the every growing internet, but it's quite astounding!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
... or is he just bats**t crazy ?
how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop ?

the world will never know.

Actually a few years back, me and two of my friends gave the tootsie pop thing a try. Mine was gone in 1064, and then 1052 and 1056 were the other numbers we arrived at.

And that was just single licks.

Iunno I think my number was the right one. To this day I'm positive there were no miscounts or numbers skipped.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

For the experience itself. God = you and all other consciousness in the "universe". Your perception is what defines your reality, and change in perceptions means change in reality, or a different experience.

Take a topic like reincarnation. If you were to reincarnate as a bird, but knew of your previous life, then you would not have a "bird" experience. You would have a human in a bird body experience. Only if you had no prior memories and such of being human could you really have the "bird" experience.

To find the father while in this life is to find him early.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This is because God doesn't need you or anyone else for that matter to worship him. He really couldn't care less if you are a devout believer, a non-believer, or a worshipper of a lesser "god". Since he really doesn't need anyone, you are very unlikely to find him "handing out flyers" or begging for you to worship him. If you're asking for his help, he will gladly grant it but don't feel he needs people to ask anything of him to have a purpose. Just keep in mind that as a creation, you are to be held accountable as is everyone else.

I used to have that universe and everything else=god belief too but something finally snapped me out of it. Why would the universe make itself on par with a power that can greatly alter and change it? This would make a loophole that could one day be exploited and greatly alter said universe. It makes more sense (from a design perspective) that the universe is carefully crafted from a source that is beyond interference.

If you don't believe, thats fine as that is the choice granted to you. Its not my place to change that choice as if I was meant to control what choices you made, I would have been born you. All I can do is offer some of my perspective and what you choose to do with it is up to you.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

What is spirit is spirit, and what is flesh is flesh. So you are right not to believe the universe and everything in it = god. Only the spirit(soul/consciousness etc) is of god, creation itself is not god.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'm not to sure god is eager to help.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

There's an excellent book on the topic. It's called "Lying Awake" and it's by Mark Salzman. I highly recommend it.

Edit- It's fiction but it's based on the real condition.

[edit on 7/28/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Hahaha good work man keep it up. Sorry if I didn't reply right away, I just learned how to use U2U. Peace man, I'll add an actual comment later on too.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

How genuine is it if its being done for a study? Once again, answering prayers that are being monitored for a study would be the equivalent of handing out flyers. And like I said before, he couldn't care less whether you believe in him or not but if you are offering up a prayer just simply looking for "proof" of his existence, how much faith do you really have?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eitimzevinten

How genuine is it if its being done for a study? Once again, answering prayers that are being monitored for a study would be the equivalent of handing out flyers. And like I said before, he couldn't care less whether you believe in him or not but if you are offering up a prayer just simply looking for "proof" of his existence, how much faith do you really have?

For something with no evidence in it at all.

No faith in it. Faith is for merging right while not looking.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So someone with a brain abnormality seemingly misinterprets the information surrounding them and falsely concludes that they are a god. This in itself holds enough weight to dispell all religious prophets and to a further extent, God himself? It's been noted that many seers and "prophets" in ancient time were hallucinating to some extent whether it be from internal or external factors.

That said, none of those prophets came speaking about the same general subject. Three separate prophets came in three separate era's all claiming to have the word of the same God. Each came because the word of the previous one had been tainted. Prophet integrity aside, no one has actually presented any information in the history of mankind to discredit God's existence aside from a complaint that people suffer and that they themselves were somehow "cheated" out of this or that.

The bible isn't an authority on anything. It has so many different versions that its obviously been infiltrated and twisted by man. Truth be told, religion isn't an authority on God either. I doubt when creating the universe he specifically planned for every human soul that was brought into physical existence to sit in a pew for a few hours and toss some green paper into a bowl that gets passed around.

Infact, I'll go as far as to say that was never the intention of the universe's existence. People are supposed to figure God out for themselves, not take another person's account and accept it as unquestionable fact. If you have found your own personal answer then there isn't much I can do about that except maybe ask that you think about it just alittle bit more before passing absolute judgement on the matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So do you think he is a personal god, or a non personal god.

If a non personal god, why the need for a god at all?

This one thing is not evidence alone, look at some of my other threads, i'm starting a kind of encyclopedia

Prophets 'hallucinating', all the almost same thing... so that gives it ground to stand on. Oh boy, well I think 2012 is kind of similar to that, different sects of ancient civilizations kinda agreeing on one thing without ever meeting, and i'll use that in about 4 years to debate further lol.

I'm kind of missing the exact point you're trying to make, about what you think this god maybe, it sounds like well, whatever you think it is, then that is what it is.....which is like saying you're car keys are wherever you think they are, which is almost never the case.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I expected that view to come up.

What makes it random, another thing that this Deity, seems to be so hellbent on, or people seem to contourt everything to fit their original idea.

Thats complete nonsense, the only way to heaven is to believe in something, that is incredibly hidden, and has no evidence? Really, that's the game, hide and seek, but it's been 2,000 years, and well we're ready to start looking for why we're still playing hide and seek.

He's not hiding at all. People just don't know where to look, or don't want to look for him.

Open yourself up to it, actually search with an open mind. You'd be surprised what you'd find if you were honestly looking. He's not made of flesh and blood, earth or stone. If you expect to find him in that, you're simply going about it wrong.

I watch that guy in the video, and I think... Dude is crazy... But I know that feeling

Anyone seen my straight jacket?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

What I meant is simply this: everyone will form their own opinions on God. God, however, is not subjective. He (or It if you prefer) "exists" (I prefer the term: Is) whether someone completely understands Him (or It) or not. For the record, I KNOW I don't understand Him (or It) and I don't think anyone else does either. No one's opinion is an authority on the matter.

As I am unlikely to sway your opinion on the matter, you are equally unlikely to sway my faith. For every man-made study you can cite in defense of your view, I simply need to see a fragile blade of grass or small plant breakthrough a several ton concrete sidewalk and grow to reassure mine. To each his own, but this is my last response on the issue.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join