It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know this, about the Theory of Light ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Thank you for the Post...

Perhaps you have a very good point ???

Interesting....

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I suspect this isn't the case though, it is more likely that the presence of something holding even a small electrical field whether it be a human eye or a camera influences the electron in a way similar to that interference pattern we see with waves....but I am merely speculating here.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Again more food for thought.....

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts with us.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

I am not brushed up on my quantum physics so my answer would be pure intelligent speculation. But I would not go by black and white, I'd go by infrared and ultraviolet.

Why do you ask?

edit: instead of infrared and ultraviolet, maybe more proper would be radio and gamma?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by againuntodust]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
I suspect this isn't the case though, it is more likely that the presence of something holding even a small electrical field whether it be a human eye or a camera influences the electron in a way similar to that interference pattern we see with waves....but I am merely speculating here.

@ Matrix: Telling me to do some research and then suggesting I get my child to do it is pretty insulting. Still nothing about rainbows? I'm surprised you seperate emotion from discussion, giving your point of view.

@ Mazzroth: The double slit experiment demonstrates Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, which states that you cannot accurately measure both a particle's (such as the photon in the experiment) position and velocity. The more accurately you measure one, the less certain you can be about the other. Basically the photon behaves as a wave, passing through both slits and interfering with itself, until its position is measured by the detector (or the screen) at which point the wave function collapses and it is a single photon occupying a single point. What is weird is that, prior to the measurment, a single photon can pass through both slits at the same time.

Headshag, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

I've seen that effect and I think it's because of the electromagnetic wave interference of the equipment they measure and capture information with. It disturbs the wave.

My opinion, not textbook fact, but makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

I will get back to you ASAP regarding the rain bow/s but I am trying to work at present... I will do my best for you when i get a moment.

you wrote;

What is weird is that, prior to the measurment, a single photon can pass through both slits at the same time.

So what are your thoughts regarding this ???

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

I am not brushed up on my quantum physics so my answer would be pure intelligent speculation. But I would not go by black and white, I'd go by infrared and ultraviolet.

Why do you ask?

edit: instead of infrared and ultraviolet, maybe more proper would be radio and gamma?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by againuntodust]

I was introduced to Goethe’s work by two other members of ATS noticing that what I was postulating was similar.

Have you viewed any of Goethe’s work?

Knowing that Reportedly Goethe’s work was not well received, what are your views regarding his theories ?

I did Not get this knowledge from Goethe but am intrigued as to how he arrived at a similar understanding of Light and Colour.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I think I see the point so far, although I've only read through have of page two of these posts.

The eyes and brain do not see. Just as space and time are an illusion.
The eyes and brain areprogrammedto see in black and white.
Put black and white in motion, you get chaos.
In this case chaos is seen as color.
And the eyes are needed to experience this life of matter, which is thought manifest.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
Light is aware. Here is a video to prove that light is aware. It changes properties based on the fact it is being observed so it is aware!

Wow eh? I know this vid is sort of childlike with cartoon but it gets the point across:

The ending is the best part

That is a pretty neat cartoon. It explains things in a very easy elementary way. I'll show it to my nine-year-old niece who loves math.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zsuzsology

Yea I showed it to my grandchildren too...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I am new to ats and this by far the most interesting thread I have read thus far.
I will definitely check out your others, especially about "do you know what the soul is."
I can't wait to read more.
I'm only on page six at this point but now I understand what your thoughts are about this. Thanks.
Now, more please!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
reply to post by Karilla

I've seen that effect and I think it's because of the electromagnetic wave interference of the equipment they measure and capture information with. It disturbs the wave.

My opinion, not textbook fact, but makes perfect sense.

I don't want to derail this thread too much with quantum fluff, but it does have some relevance perhaps. So does my interest in rainbows.

If the results of the double slit experiment were only manifest in such situations involving single photon emitters and detectors I would agree that the Human factor would be very hard to seperate from such experiments. However, there is one element of the rainbow phenomenon that demonstrates the same effect, that I mentioned earlier. Supernumerary bows (www.atoptics.co.uk...) which are unexplainable using a purely particle-based explanation of light. The repeated small versions of the main rainbow can only be caused by the waves of light interfering with themselves, giving rise to areas of constructive and destructive interference. This has nothing to do with measuring devices or any other Human-derived equipment. If conditions are right then any observer will see the same phenomenon.

As to my thoughts on this, well, the theory is not perfect obviously. If it were we would already have a quantum theory of gravity. We would not need to use mutually incompatible models to explain both large scale and subatomic interactions.

The fact remains, though, that both general relativity and quantum physics are able to make accurate predictions about some elements of the nature of reality. I was reading last night about the Eddington expedition to measure the positions of background stars during the 1918 solar eclipse, about which Einstein had made predictions due to gravitational lensing. He postulated that the light of stars beyond the sun, as seen from Earth, would be bent by the sun's gravity. Altering their positions from what would be seen when the sun was not in that position. Obviously they had to wait for a solar eclipse so that the stars in question could be seen and their positions noted. These measurements fitted perfectly with Einstein's predictions and were very important in getting the theory of general relativity accepted.

The problem with Goethe's colour theory, apparently, is that there are certain verifiable phenomena that contradict his theory, or for which he can offer no explanation. This is what has led to his work in this area being largely ignored nowadays. The wavelength theory of colour still holds true after many years of investigation and study, while Goethe's work, although respected for its beauty and insight, is contradicted by more modern discoveries.

Here is a very well laid out site looking at colour theory:
www.luminous-landscape.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Sorry mate, I must of missed what you were trying to portray here ?

You started out sounding very convincing but then you seemed to lose impetuous relative to your position on why the double slit experiment exists at all.

Are you saying that some well known scientist has through observing the gravitational effect on light in eclipses explain away the double slit phenomena ? or are you just trying to state that quantum physic is a whole lot of hot air ?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Are you saying that some well known scientist has through observing the gravitational effect on light in eclipses explain away the double slit phenomena ? or are you just trying to state that quantum physic is a whole lot of hot air ?

Neither. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but what I was saying is that both quantum physics and general relativity have been verified through experiments and observation of naturally occuring phenomena (In my examples supernumerary rainbows and gravitational lensing) but that they each describe different scales.

There is no unified theory, yet, that describes boththe large and small scales. String theory is attempting to do this, but the experiments to prove it don't yet exist.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

If you posite that black is a component of light it should be present in rainbows, shouldn't it?

You won't see the Black as the Colours you see are made from Black and White, just as you don't see the White in these Colours either...

Just curious, Matrix, but I saw a fantastic rainbow briefly today. The synchronicity wasn't lost on me, as there were supernumerary bows visible very faintly and I only posted in this thread about them last night.

How does your theory explain this phenomenon? Not just the supernumerary bows, but rainbows in general.

All that you experience is in an “Animation Program” within your Soul.

All the Souls which are Partitions of A Greater Soul contain The All in the form of "Program Books".

There are 2 Programs involved within a plane in your soul that contain the Program you are experiencing right now.

These 2 faces interact with each other.

On of these faces contains the "Species Program" you experience this environment through. The other face contains the "Environmental Program" the "Species Program" interacts with.

A Plane whether of 2D or not, has a minimum of 2 faces.

These are of course the "Outer" faces, and as a result there are 2 "Inner" faces minimum, as many "Inner" faces can be produced conceptually within this Program.

The Story i.e. your experience you have through your flesh (so called) and the environment, is manifested in your Soul via an “Animation Program” produced by LIFE.

These stories are contained within “Program Books” contained within the "Partitioning" of The Soul.

So anything can be presented to you by LIFE (in this case, interesting displays).
But LIFE does not have to exist only in the boundaries of the human primate or the primates understanding.

The human species rejects the LIFE pretending that biological robotics is alive, when in fat all is only an Animation program your LIFE is experiencing in your Soul.

I have already posted a “Partition Map” of the Soul.

This map is used in the processing of the Mind often referred to as Consciousness, Awareness, Spirit or LIFE or whatever label we wish to give it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What you have to realize is that the key underlying theory here is this 'exposure'. Where, worms in holes bend the G Well to the point distance is irrelevant.

Then, (E)nergy is pronounced and free-form. The effect is 'shortened travel'; ie, Your Safety Net.

The bending of physical matter is 'protected' as well as 'projected', then you know of other technologies that will prevent harm from this:

Irridescent Energy Furmatic.

[spam removed]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

On Second thoughts with regard to....

Just curious, Matrix, but I saw a fantastic rainbow briefly today. The synchronicity wasn't lost on me, as there were supernumerary bows visible very faintly and I only posted in this thread about them last night.

How does your theory explain this phenomenon? Not just the supernumerary bows, but rainbows in general. If you posite that black is a component of light it should be present in rainbows, shouldn't it?

I will write something for you which may explain some things to do with the manifestation of Rainbows and Multi Images often seen.

Can you post an example of what you saw or did you photograph what you saw?

I will give some examples anyway in my next post to you, so I can refer to this phenomenon, pointing out the Components require to produce these.

This may or may not be what is accepted today but none the less I will attempt top prove the theory involved.

I will try to fit this in today if Not, then tomorrow.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Well here are some of the answers and perhaps generating more questions ???

First regarding the manifestation of the Rainbow.

We need to re-examine the so called splitting of Light.

If we pass light through a prism without the introduction of the “Slit” Light passes through the prism unchanged apart from its refraction.

If we Take however only one edge of the slit (Instead of the 2 edges of the “Slit”) we find this…

A range of colour from Yellow to Red. And NOT Red to Violet.
I can’t change this Fact.

If you get hold of a prism out of an old camera or pair of binoculars you can very easily check this out for yourself using Sun light.

Now invert the Edge only and the colour range changes from Yellow & Red to Blue & Violet !

Why ???

We have only inverted the edge Yet Yellow changes to Blue and Red to Violet

I can’t change this Fact.

Why ???

Now the other interesting thing, it doesn’t matter which side of the prism you place either the Edge or “Slit” on, the result is still the same!

and….

But the Fact remains a prism does NOT split light on its own, if it infact splits light in the way you have been led to believe.

Try this for yourself with a prism ???

You will find though on the limits of the Light showing from the prism 2 bands of colours but this is because the prism is both presenting the effects of the prism as well as the effects of the slit determined by the boundaries of the prism…

So what have we established ???

Well we need both an edge (or edges) and a Wedge of Glass or some other transparent media…

So dealing with the basic Rainbow, this effect has to be manifested by the use of 3 Components…

a. A light source.
b. A Slit (two Edges) or at least one edge.
c. Some refracting Component which is wedge shaped.

Note the Edge or Edges, have to be in the correct orientation with respect to the Prism or transparent wedge.

The edge or edges that produces the Rainbow is obviously curved.

If there are 2 Edges involved they would have to be in close proximity to each other One inverted over the other.
Or a single Component comprising of a translucent edge in this case the Sun.

Do the water droplets act as the Prism as believed, or is the Water droplets rust the reflector of Light ???

But what I am saying is that the peripheral image of the Sun provides the Edge.

That is why the Rainbow is in the form of an arc.

Note; we often see a Rainbow ring around either the moon or Sun.

Note; the “Inner” and “Outer”, see how the Red is on the darker side, and The Yellow is on the Lighter side.

Same here….

As in the Case of the affect of an edge has on light.

Now see the “Inner” and “Outer” appearance has been inverted, yet the Red is still next to the Darker Edge/s…

And Note how the Blue to Violet is superimposed on the Whiter Side of the Green (the merging of Yellow and Blue)..

The Green is produced by the merging of Yellow and Blue.

So why is the Rainbow seen with a Whiter Disc on the "Inner" of the Rainbow yet when we look at the Sun Directly the "Inner" Disc is Now Darker or Blacker.

And why do we see different levels of Black/White in the multi imaged rainbow???

I have demonstrated the Edge or Edges involved in this Phenomena so what produces the Edge???

I suggest the edge is in the Source of Light i.e. the Suns Peripheral Image.

The reason why we see a Darker disc when looking at the Sun directly is because of the brighter source of light causes the pupil to go smaller reducing the intake of light to the eye.

Depending on the fitness of the muscles within the eye which controls the iris will determine the amount of light differently in each person.

Often Prisms are used as Mirrors too !

And White Light passes through the prism where it is used a "mirror" without splitting into any spectrum unless we introduce an edge or edges.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i think that none of it makes sense to me at least, when you throw around words such as "Red", or "violet" that is the only way you can describe them. if i asked you to describe red without using the word red, it would be impossible. with that being said, how do you know there isn't a "color" that we are overlooking. How do you know that my "red" isn't your "orange"?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join