It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know this, about the Theory of Light ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
interesting science~
relevance to the propounded theory....

Knots of Light
Light Bends Matter

∞LOVE∞

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by passingthought

Thanks again for your Post, passingthought...May help some to understand...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

Thanks for the Link/s awake1234....

I love this stuff as science draws nearer to understanding the manifestation of this experience we refer to as this Universe.

When more is discovered and greater understanding is gained, this draws us closer to the area of science, that involves the "How" and the "Where" the Origin lays ,that produces the experience (this little universe).

This will open new doors to areas we never dreamed of before involving totally different technologies than seen to date by the human species.

This Universe is only one example of innumerable worlds which can be experienced. One day we shall discover how to cross between these Universes and other worlds, that look nothing at all like this little Universe or Story.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Living Light: Biophotons and the Human Body - part 1

Living Light: Biophotons and the Human Body - part 2

Our cells are alive and sustained, organized and directed, by LIGHT

∞LOVE∞:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What you have to realize is that the key underlying theory here is this 'exposure'. Where, worms in holes bend the G Well to the point distance is irrelevant.

Then, (E)nergy is pronounced and free-form. The effect is 'shortened travel'; ie, Your Safety Net.

The bending of physical matter is 'protected' as well as 'projected', then you know of other technologies that will prevent harm from this:

Irridescent Energy Furmatic.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If Light is Electromagnetic Radiation which can be measured as either Wavelength or Frequency Quote;

Light is electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength that is visible to the human eye (in a range from about 380 or 400 nanometres to about 760 or 780 nm). In physics, the term light sometimes refers to electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength, whether visible or not.
Five primary properties of light are intensity, frequency or wavelength, polarization, phase and orbital angular momentum.

Do we understand this measurement of Light to be understood as...

a.

b.

c.

or something else ???

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
You're dragging this out... I made it to page 6 before deciding to post. Trust me, I have a long fuse, but it's getting late. If you take a look at my avatar, I hinted at this early on. The spectrum is spatial relationships to white and black/ light and dark/ clockwise and counterclockwise motion. There is a boundary between dipoles and electromagnetic energy where arching (a fair enough term) takes place.

I'd also point people in the direction of "brain port." Using the tongue to feed signals to the brain (i.e. 360 degree vision/ night sight).

Plenty of material in here:

The Americanist

You'll find information inside those blogs (view all).

As additional reference (youtube or google search terms):

Dale Pond - Keely, SVP
Marko Rodin - (look for a 44pt Lecture Series) Vortex Math Model
Nassim Haramein - Vector Based Geometry

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Americanist]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Starting with the separation of darkness into its two Components of Black and White.

This forms; on One Face of a Conceptual Face (Outer, Away or Rear Face) a White centre on a Black Background and on the other Face of the Plane a Black Centre on a White Background.

Then the two different presentations, of the manipulation of the Vanishing point or Conceptual location of a Point of Infinity, represented here as a White Dot.

a. The movement of just One location (White Dot)
b. The Movement of an inexhaustible number of Particles coming from the same source.

If the particles or Dots pour out from a fixed location and take the same action as the first, a line will be formed.

How solid the line appears is dependant on the rate of the introduction of the following particle or dot.

I have made this crude animation up, to explain the sequence of actions taken, to produce a disc and other simple forms from the manipulation of a White Particle/s represented as a dot/s

When the "Disc" is Rotated about its Vertical Axis, it forms a Vertical Line which contains All Conceptual Geometry. Each form can be obtained by Rotating the Form Out of the Vertical Line.

Note; any Form can be Rotated out of this Vertical Line (Plane on Edge)

I apologise for the poor Graphics involving Colours, esp the Gray levels....

[edit on 21-6-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
For us to understand LIGHT, it is necessary to understand what produces the phenomenon, that we observe and interpret as LIGHT.

We need to understand that Black, is just as important a "Component" of LIGHT as What White is.

All is Produced involving “Opposites” and The Colours...

a. Black
b. White

Are “Opposites” and the One can't be detected, without the other being Present.

We are essentially "Comparators", and all that we observe is based on this function.

Perhaps it will allow us to understand LIGHT better, if we can accept these “Opposites” as being the 2 Components of LIGHT... Instead of rejecting the Black.

Even if you were to interpret Black as being an absence of Light, still suggests that the Black is to be the "Opposite" Component in LIGHT, rather than being something other than a "Component" of LIGHT.

If Black was Not a "Component" of LIGHT, we would Not be able to see the Colour Black.

Remember that we usually observe the result only, and do not understand nor do we observe the “Cause” or “Origin”.

So often the Environment an observation is made in, is excluded or forgotten, which always plays a part of that which is being observed.

And in all things we can find the “Opposites”.

Even if it involves just “Thought”.
An example involving thought :-

a. The subject being thought about.
b. And the One thinking.

We could also say that there are 2 "ends" to the function of "thought", which in an abstract form, also involves an “Inner” and an “Outer/s”.

i.e. the "Observer" can be understood as the "Inner" (nearest) Component, and that which is being thought about (Subject) is away from the origin of the Awareness, and thus considered to be the "Outer".

It is a fact, that both the "Inner" and "Outer" can be found in All things, both material and inmaterial.

There exists nothing at all, that does Not involve both the “Inner” and “Outer” Components.

It is also interesting to note; there is always only One “Inner” but there can be multiple “Outers”.

In our 3D understanding there is OneInner”, but there are 2Outers”.

a. Away from us in as in a 2D plane and,
b. Away from us in the 3rd D.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The frequency of LIGHT is the Oscillation between "Black" and "White".

If this is then the case, the "Black" is definitely a Component of LIGHT.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Do you see a Granular Texture in the Central Disc area of this Animation ???

Note; the difference in the 3 Components..

a. Outer Square (Black)
b. The Centre placed Disc (Black) Note the Granular "Texture" in the Black.
c. The Intermediate Rotating Lines. (Yellow) Note the Granular texture between the Lines.

What is this Texture we can see and where does it come from ???

There are many different ways to see this.

If you close your eyes in a well lit room (sunlight) and relax.
Take note of what is seen in your Vision when you become relaxed with your eyes closed.
Look very, very carefully and Note what you see.
It is a similar phenomenon...

I am referring to the presence of a Granular texture even though it is seen to be far more complex in your Vision.

So why do we see this with our eyes closed, and what is moving to produce this in our vision.

If we continue to watch this with our eyes closed, it eventually disappears if we go into deeper relaxation.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ever put a prism after another prism? how did the light divide then?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by monguzi
Ever put a prism after another prism? how did the light divide then?

Yes... it didn't divide again....

Two "Components" are used to show the spectrum...

a. An edge (or a slit comprising of one Edge and an Inverted Edge)
b. A Prism

Not just a Prism...

The Spectrum is the result of opening the edge of Light existing in 2 ranges depending on which edge you open.

a. Yellow to Red.
b. Blue to Violet.

The Green is a mixture of Yellow and Blue.

Re. OP.

But what about those Rotating Lines shown in my last Post ???

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
If Black was Not a "Component" of LIGHT, we would Not be able to see the Colour Black.

I've been involved in photography, printing and design for many years, and have an interest in the physics behind the processes involved. As such, I can absolutely guarantee that what we refer to as "black" is categorically NOT a component of light. When we perceive an object as black it is because it is absorbing light in a uniform way. No single wavelength of the light hitting it is being favoured over any other. A glossy black surface will reflect some of the light hitting it, but the refleccted light will be the same colour.

I had a dark room that I used for the processing of film and paper. I went to great lengths to ensure that no light was able to enter that room. The walls were black and every gap (such as around the door) was baffled and then curtained off. The reason for this is obviously that even a tiny amount of light hitting the un-processed film or paper would "fog" it. I was working with too much volume to muck around with dark-boxes. You see I know for a fact that the blackness inside that room had nothing whatsoever to do with light, as I had complete control over every source of photons within it. Silver nitrate does not lie, and please don't think of suggesting that the black component of light in your "theory" is able to pass through concrete and not have an effect on silver nitrate.

As for the other colours you talk about, do you not agree that the perception of an object's hue depends entirely on two factors, namely: the wavelength of the light that is shining upon it and the wavelength of light that that object absorbs? I just haven't seen you mention absorbtion once, and you can't understand colour without it. As you are so keen on experiments, go outside at night and look at a red car under a yellow sodium streetlamp. It won't look red, it will look almost black. Look at green leaves under a blue light (LEDs work well for this) and it too will look black.

You can use as Many erroneous Capitals as you like, and seek to bamboozle the witless with your "inner outers" and "inner outers" too, but you cannot change the basic physics, all of which have been proven over and over again, experimentally , experientially and repeatably.

Please don't waste any more of your life on this.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Thank you Karilla for your Post...

I can understand your reasoning...

But.... Can you See or Identify the Presence of Black ???

To see Black must involve LIGHT or you would Not be able to see that Black in the Dark Room ???

i.e. to see.... requires Light or you can't see... Not even BLACK ??? if you get my meaning ???

Think about it for a second or two...

But my Question is about what LIGHT is ???

I understand wave Length but what is that "wave length" a representation of ???

In a recent Post I ask this question... See the diagrams on Wave Length.

Electromagnetic ???

But what actually is it ???

Absorption is another part of the Puzzle and can be explained but first we need to know how this manifestation of LIGHT comes about.

Let me try and explain…

Remembering what we see is an interpretation of the brain. i.e. what causes our experience and what we experience, decoded by the brain, are two entirely different things.

Do not assume, what we see is what is behind your universe.

The Brain "Decodes" Information in front of us, but this does not guarantee, what we see is what it really is i.e. what the brain is decoding.

We decode through the brain perhaps something, which is nothing like what we presume to see.

In other words what I am suggesting is, that the picture on your screen is nothing like the program that produces it ???

The same applies to the Universe we experience.

Thanks again for your Post... as it helps us to understand perhaps what we should be asking ???

PS. What are your thoughts on my last Animation regarding the Rotating Lines ???

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix TravellerTo see Black must involve LIGHT or you would Not be able to see that Black in the Dark Room ???

That room had no light in it. If it had then the photographic emulsion would have been exposed. To say that something that everybody else regards as an absence of light is actually light, but light that doesn't interact with any optical equipment or light-sensitive materials that every other form of light interacts with would seem to me to be meaningless.

I think you are confusing seeing with discerning here. Our eyes take in photons that impact on light-sensitive cells at the back of the eye. I'm sure you know this. The fact that we can focus the light entering our eyes to form an image shows that the light varies in intensity. This is essential in order for us to discern objects. The less light that enters our eyes, the darker the image we see. Reduce that light to a certain point, the limit of the ssensitivity of the cones and rods in our retinas, and all we perceive is darkness. Other animals that have more sensitive eyes (more light receptors) are able to see in lower light levels. This is easily shown if you have a dog or a cat.

Dogs only have rods, so they only see in black and white. This does not mean that there is only white light, does it?

Think about it for a second or two...

I've thought about it alot. I now have a couple of questions for you to think about:

1) The space between stars in the night sky is black. You are saying this is light, yes? What is emitting this light?

2) Cover your eyes with a thick blanket. No light is entering your eyes, what do you "see" then?

But my Question is about what LIGHT is ???

I understand wave Length but what is that "wave length" a representation of ???

I'm surprised you responded to the post early in this thread that linked to an animation of the double slit experiment, and yet all you took from it is that "light is aware". This experiment shows that a photon behaves both as a wave and a particle. The waves enter both slits and cause an interference pattern to form on the screen beyond the slits. Replace that screen with a sheet of photgraphic emulsion and fire one photon at a time toward the slits and you will see a single dark spot where the photon hits. It has gone through one slit or the other, yes? Repeat this over and over and you will see the same interference pattern building up. Forget about the quantum implications involving the uncertainty of the photons position until the wave function collapses (hits the emulsion) the important point is that light is both a wave and a particle.

Another, readily verified, phenomenon that demonstrates this should play into your work with prisms. Supernumerary bows are elements of a rainbow that can sometimes be seen. These are caused by constructive and destructive interference in the light waves. This would be impossible if light only behaved as a particle.

[quoute]But what actually is it ???

According to Alex Filippenko, light is:
"one form of electromagnetic radiation, produced as waves with different lengths and frequencies.". "Different kinds of electromagnetic radiation are fundamentally the same thing, but they have different wavelengths, different frequencies. They're seen in different ways using different detectors, but they're all fundamentall the same thing."

The spectrum of electromagnetic radiation:

Gamma rays - wavelength ~0.1 Angstroms

X-rays - wavelength 0.1 - 100 Angstroms

Ultraviolet (UV) - wavelength 100 - 4000 Angstroms

Optical (visible) light - wavelength 4000 - 7000 Angstroms

Infrared (IR) - wavelength 7000 Angstroms - 1 mm

Radio waves - wavelength 1mm - 10+km

(1 Angstrom = 0.1 nanometer)

PS. What are your thoughts on my last Animation regarding the Rotating Lines ???

This is an effect (that barely showed on my screen BTW) that IS purely down to the way our brains interpret information. We are hunters, we need to be able to discern movement, so our brains sometimes perceive movement where there is none, as long as the static images have a logical relationship. Look at a TV picture. You are seeing 26 static images per second. Our brains fill in the transitions between the still images, giving the illusion of movement.

You commented on the perceived granularity in your animation. Look at each frame in turn for longer than a few seconds before changing to the next. You will see no granularity. This has nothing to do with the nature of light.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

I've thought about it alot. I now have a couple of questions for you to think about:

1) The space between stars in the night sky is black. You are saying this is light, yes? What is emitting this light?

You are looking at is the result of a Program, involving a Processing System.

Yes I can understand where you are coming from but......

What you see is a manifestation as a result a "Processing System".

Your Brain is "Decoding" from a Processing System to produce what you believe to be "reality".

This is in fact produced by a very sophisticated "Animation Program" produced through the "Partition Map" (see below Drawing) used in the Processing System of "Consciousness" or "LIFE" via what some call the Soul (in religious terms).

But to me it is the Living Machine I (LIFE) dwell in.
This machine (Soul) is a bit like a video player crudely described.

2) Cover your eyes with a thick blanket. No light is entering your eyes, what do you "see" then?

Yes..... I still see LIGHT!

Do You ???

Close your eyes and watch for 30 minutes or so.... and pay careful attention to what you see.

Go on try it...

You maybe surprised by what you haven't seen before, perhaps because you have never looked before ???

Or have you ???

Most arn't aware of what they can see with their eyes closed so they don't bother to do this... LOL.

It just sounds Ludicrous doesn't it ??? Looking with your eyes Closed..

Well give it a shot and try it... but keep taking careful note regarding what you see over a period of say 30 minutes.

So they are ignorant of some Components of themselves.

It is Not your Eyes or Brain that sees but your "Consciousness" i.e. LIFE.

The body is Not aware of anything at all. It is only your “Consciousness” that is Aware.

Check out your Hand or foot and see if they are aware of you…. or anything for that matter ???

Your Body is Not “Aware” of the World…. but Your Consciousness is “Aware”.

This is what I see when I close my Eyes… while Covered with thick Blankets.…

But the White shown below outside the Disc is instead Black.

What do you see ???

This Drawing (above) is the “Partition Map” of the Processing System, which I have Mentioned and is 100% accurate.

As a Result of R&D, I have Documented what has been found.

This Project I have been involved with for the Last 17 years now (Full time) has reviled much and has been documented involving more than 50,000 (Fifty Thousand) Geometric Drawings explaining the whole Processing System, how it was Formed and the Processing Language used.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

yes, i already knew this.
it isn't new, actually, just unpopular - up until now, perhaps.

Goethe figured this out, and wrote a very good treatise about his findings, called "Theory of Colors" or "Zur Farbenlehre" in German.

here is a synopsis of his work, at ehow.com.

here is the original work, online at google books.

a page about same, at Wikipedia.

everyone preferred Newton's ideas and Goethe's brilliant discoveries got swept into the corner and forgotten.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Our brains fill in the transitions between the still images, giving the illusion of movement.

Interestingly enough, that statement gives rise to our perception of reality (mass).

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Thank you for your Post and Links....

It will provide sources for others to look into as well.

It isn't new, actually, just unpopular - up until now, perhaps.

Goethe figured this out, and wrote a very good treatise about his findings, called "Theory of Colors" or "Zur Farbenlehre" in German.

The R&D I have been involved with was Not taken from this Source (Goethe).

It is interesting to know that others have also discovered some of this knowledge...

I will take look into Goethe's work....

Most of the work I have done came out of R&D, involved with interfaces with the Mind, using a geometric based format.

And this is how I discovered how to view the workings of what some may refer to as the "Soul".

This subject is Not of religious nature, but records in most religions contain information regarding this, and is sometimes referred to as "Sacred Art" (superstitiously).

Most Temple buildings, of most religions contain this Geometry in the form of decoration.

The same (Geometry) is often seen in Mosaics in Government buildings, and Palaces as well.

It was humankind that made a religion out of this knowledge.... perhaps to try and hide this very Ancient knowledge ???

So the knowledge is very, very, very old indeed.

And yes you are correct.... It seams to be very unpopular.

But never the less the knowledge is Not Incorrect…

Thank you once again for the Links...

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join