It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost hunt in my pub, Wed 29th July

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Like most people I have been exposed to many ghost stories over the years, some more credible than others and some more incredible than others.

I myself have witnessed some pretty strange things.
The Comprehensive school I attended, (sometimes), was very old and rumoured to have a couple of ghosts.
On one occassion whilst in the company of others, including a priest, we all thought we saw the most well known ghost, Harriet....but I'm not convinced.

Many years later I was enjoying some 'after hours drinks' with the landlady of my local pub.
I had drank in this pub for quite a number of years and had heard several stories from previous landlords.
This particular night we were having a few more drinks, a couple of cigarettes and talking the usual cod# that get's spoken around 2am and after a 'few' pints.
Instinctively I turned to look at the end of the bar and a gentleman was stood in typical 1940's - 50's attire with a trilby hat.
I immediately turned to my friend, the landlady, who was staring at the same spot I had been, I looked again at the end of the bar but the man had disappeared.
We looked at each other and I asked my friend what she had seen.
She described exactly the same thing as I had seen.
We promptly re-charged ourselves with several stiff drinks and laughed it off.
Neither of us spoke about it to anyone else until a couple of months later, at which time we received the expected suspicion and ridicule.

A couple of years later circumstances had it that I had become landlord of the self same pub.
I hadn't experienced anything more than the occassional 'is there someone over my shoulder feeling' apart from one night around about 5am when I think excess may have clouded our experience.
However, one night around 1am I had to go into the cellar, something I had done on numerous occassions.
Upon coming out of the first part to the cellar I experienced a sudden chill and then a certain and definate touch on my right shoulder.
I turned around but apart from a sense of 'something', nothing or no-one was there.
This definately felt like a human touch and there was nothing else anywhere near that could have touched me.
Very strange and pretty spooking.

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control I had to leave this pub that I loved and had been a part of for many years. (This in itself is worthy of another thread in another place).
However, I soon got myself another pub in my hometown which most of regulars follwed me.

There are conflicting opinions on how old this pub is but some reports state there has been a pub on this site since 1640 and some say 1750.
Regardless, it is reasonably old with plenty of history.

As well as my friends from my previous pub, my new pub had existing regulars and due to the locality a lot more of my friends from various parts of the town have started visisting me more frequently.

Last Friday a good friend of mine who, amongst many other things has an interest in the paranormal, visited me for a couple of sociables.
My new pub has several little rooms as well as the main public bar.

My friend returned to the pub the following day and as we had a drink together he told me that the previous day he had taken a short cut through one of these rooms in order to answer a call of nature.
Upon his return he noticed an 'old lady' sat in the room who hadn't been there previously.
Nobody else had seen this lady and no-one had seen her enter or leave.

My friend then reminded me that he was part of a group of paranormal or ghost investigators.
They have conducted many investigations, some in very well known and old buildings / sites etc.
He asked me if I would let them perform an investigation on my premises some time.

And so it is that this Wednesday, starting at 11pm, they will perform an investigation.

Now my question to my fellow ATS'ers is have you got any tips on what I should expect? What I should be asking? etc or even just an opinion.
I must admit that as this approaches I am starting to get slightly apprehensive and I am certain that there are ATS members who are much more qualified than I and who maybe able help me.

I will provide a follow up detailing all our findings, if any.

Wish me luck!

Edit to correct various typo's etc.

[edit on 26/7/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
double bup post

[edit on 023131p://pm3125 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
did you register today, just to say that?

You're my new hero

pubpubpubpubpubpub

And it's in the Oxford dictionary, so it is indeed a word.
www.askoxford.com...

I have no idea what to say to the original post, other than have fun, relax and see what happens. Probably nothing, but if you;ve got the opertunity to play along, I'd get in there.
IN THE PUB

not a real bleedin' word indeed. Well I never.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Freeborn pub is not a real word.

Would you prefer him to say Public House?

Pub is a very real word. Without it we wouldn't have this Sham 69 classic;

"Come on, Come on
Hurry up 'Arry, come on
We're going down the pub"

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Freeborn pub is not a real word.

Would you prefer him to say Public House?

Pub is a very real word. Without it we wouldn't have this Sham 69 classic;

"Come on, Come on
Hurry up 'Arry, come on
We're going down the pub"

No, I prefer bup. You got a problem with that?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Freeborn
Best thing is to go with the flow, do not offer up all the information you have and see if what they tell you matches details they cant be aware of.

I've been involved in many of these and they do bring out some really interesting information, IMO well more of a moral really is to let them be, don't be convinced to try and get rid of, that normally makes things a lot worse, especially if there is no harm being done other than the odd scare or fright.

Also sounds like you have a bit of a gift to see them in different places, make your own records as the investigation goes on, know where everyone is so if anything does happen you can rule out deliberate acts.

But have fun with it, this kind of thing can bring in trade, especially with some evidence to back it up.

Masonwatcher, not sure if your having fun, but Pub is just short for Public House, why use a mouthful when you can just say Pub?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have no idea what mason watcher is wffling on about, but ignore him.

I say good luck with the ghost hunt and please report back. I also agree with not divulging much information and letting the ghost hunters find out for themselves.

Oh and have a pint for me.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a great time. Not many get to go along on a investigation.

I agree with above post, Dont give away tooo much, but dont hold it all back either...

they have to know things in order to do a good investigation, so, let them know about the guy at the end of the bar, but dont let them know exactly what he was wearing, (if you could of made that out when you saw him) See what they get, maby photo will back up what you saw.

The other thing is have the ask specifics during EVP, see if they can get names, dates, places of death, cause...
something you can go to the library and research, then maby you can put a name, and face as well as history with the ghost you saw.

Have a open mind, and dont rush them, when they present you with the evidence, dont take face value, just because that is what they hear, is not always what is said in evp's etc. (although usualy they are good.)

Enjoy the experience, sad you have to leave your fav pub.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies and some sound advice.

I'm beginning to really look forward to it and have been doing some more research into the history of the PUB.
I think I will divulge just enough to give them some background info and enough to start with.

Should be interesting.

Didn't see what Dontsaypubagain posted as I was busy in my PUB, but obviously it contravened T&C as he is now banned in almost record time.

As for masonwatcher???
I thought you were much better than that!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Hello!

Good Luck with your ghosthunt!!

Myself and my boyfriend are staying in a haunted hotel this weekend...we booked one of the rooms reputed to be be one of the most haunted in the hotel. It was featured on Most Hunted.
I have my ghost hunting tools ready

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hi There Wise Ones,
I worked in a RSL club for 10 years here in Sydney Australia, and one night, up stairs out of the corner of my eye, out from a wall walked a old fat bald man and then he was gone.

Now it was so full on I had to stop and look at the wall from where he came out of, to my amazement a old borded up hiden door way was there all the time that I never knew was there before.

I worked there for 10 years and didn't know there was an old door way there, I found out later it lead into the old libery That they had years ago.

I would never have known if that old man didn't walk out of the wall, so thats how I know that there is something to spiritual sightings.

Yes, so Pub's and Club's are comon place for the beyond, just one spirit story I have to tell from my life.

Blessed Be: Kernoonos...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Moment of silliness dude, best of luck to you and your endeavours. It was that weird and wacky comment by the other chap that got banned that set me off.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

No probs mate.

Unfortunately I never got to see what he posted.
Damn, now that has got me very curious.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am excited for you and for your pub.

This is nothing to be embarrased about and forget those who will out of fear make fun of it.

Forget them. Have fun and remember that nothing worthwhile inlife comes without the butterflies you get in the pit of your stomach.

Please get some footage and follow up this thread with all the details, I have a feeling this is going to be good!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You could call it ridiculas but the geezer registered on ATS only to dare you say pub again. Simple things for simple mind, heh? It just struck me as wacky.

Maybe he is one of your regulars pulling your leg.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just this minute got in from the ghost hunt / investigation.
Spooky!

Will post an account later today or tomorrow but we have quite a bit of follow up to do in an effort to verify some of the findings.

All in all a fascinating experience.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If your wondering where the update is it will be coming shortly.

During an encounter we obtained some specific information which we maybe able to get corrobative evidence for.

I'll give it a couple of more days then i'll just relate what happened.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I really want to hear it freeborn,
Let us know.
Zazz

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join