It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crash site subject of exploration dive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

UFO crash site subject of exploration dive

www.novanewsnow.com

Research work is underway on another project exploring the Shag Harbour UFO incident of Oct. 4 1967, with a dive on the crash site on July 20 by retired IT professional David Cvet.

Two years in the works but delayed for weather related reasons numerous times, Cvet, who lives in Toronto and summers in the Digby area, said the purpose of the dive was two-fold and was successful on both counts.

First, Cvet wanted to gather intelligence on the water, the seabed and diving conditions in the waters known as the Shag Harbour Rip. He also wanted to try and locate the anomalous sonar readings obt
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
UFO Crash Event: Shag Harbor, 1967

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

“The lack of flora on the depression bottom was observed and thought unusual given the surrounding area was populated with flora and fauna,” writes Cvet in his notes chronicling the expedition.

It would be very interesting to see what this research will reveal. Is it coincidence that there is a recent thread on this incident?

This incident is sometimes compared to the Roswell incident.

www.novanewsnow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm surprised that I haven't heard about this until now. Why haven't I heard about this crash before? This sounds interesting. I hope good things come about from it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I haven't heard of this incident before either until I found this news. I looked for the incident on ATS and found that a thread was created on it two days ago. The thread hasn't mentioned the research team. Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Good thread, I doubt they will find anything but it is good to see that they have not forgot about this very good case, which is STILL unexplained to this day.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Originally posted by Deaf Alien

I haven't heard of this incident before either until I found this news. I looked for the incident on ATS and found that a thread was created on it two days ago. The thread hasn't mentioned the research team. Coincidence?

That thread is my thread,lol. It did not mention the research team because I did not know about it since it is new.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

That thread is my thread,lol. It did not mention the research team because I did not know about it since it is new.

Which I find quite interesting. Perhaps you picked it up from the collective unconscious?
BTW, your thread is very good.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Thanks for the kind words and the plug.

I really hope those divers find something but....................They likely won't. Considering you had two major nations in the recovery effort.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Exactly

Just like folk can go to the Roswell crash site and find no evidence of a crash, all the evidence has either been removed or has been hidden in the dirt over the years.

Quite interesting though that there's an area in the harbour where no plant life is growing, wonder what the research will report on this or will it just be inconclusive ?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

You should check out that thread if you need to know any info on the crash.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have read everything I can find on this incident as my family roots are in Nova Scotia and this interested me since I was a boy.

I think it is obvious what occurred that night.

People saw lights.

The lights landed on the water and bobbed up and down with the waves.

The light went out.

Local resources were scrambled.

A Soviet sub was spotted nearby and the search for the light was called off.

At that time the soviets were more than likely testing defense along the perimeter of North America. Think about it. A couple fishing boats and lazy cops responded to something like a possible downed plane.

IMO the soviets performed an analysis of the defensive structure in that area and marked it as a possible invasion location if necessary.

The Soviet sub could have used giant Chinese lanterns that started to burn out and plunged into the ocean floated a bit till they were soaked.

That is more likely than a UFO which has never been found.

The soviets were there. A UFO might have been. Which is more realistic?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by jkrog08

Quite interesting though that there's an area in the harbour where no plant life is growing, wonder what the research will report on this or will it just be inconclusive ?

The entire seabed in that area is scarred to hell and ruined by trawling. The entire sea bed around Nova Scotia is totally wasted by fishing and draggers. If there was something that fell into the water then the fisherman would have caught it already in their nets.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Money to be made from this story.www.shagharbourufo.com... make sure you attend and don't forget to buy the book.

9:15 to 10:30 am - David Cvet.
15 min break.
10:45 to 12pm - Chris Styles.
12pm lunch.

Alien Cafe will be open.

The speakers will have their books for sale.

2009 Shag Harbour UFO Incident Society's 2nd Annual Festival and Symposium.

AUG. 14 TH 9am the UFO Centre opens.

There will be local artists Jillian Kendrick Shag Harbour Sea Glass items, John Cameron paintings and Ruth Rocks. Ruth is a local folkartist who paints aliens on rocks. The UFO researchers will also have tables with their works on.
World famous UFO researchers Stanton Friedman, Don Ledger and Chris Styles will be at the centre all day. Toronto researcher David Cvet along with wittness Laurie Wickens will join them.
10am press Conference.
11am Barbecue.
1pm Chris will preview his new book. A great chance to talk to all the guys.
3pm draw for 4 lucky people to win a lobster supper with the researchers.
5pm Lobster supper at the Stage Coach Inn. This will be boiled lobster in the shell, I'm not sure what the cost will be.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by tarifa37]

top topics

join