It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho man sodomized by police Taser plans to sue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I live in Boise, and ill tell ya, its gettn pretty bad here with the police.

Similar comments have been made by other Boise residents, but I was not aware of those details.

Across the U.S., police abuse seems to be more prevalent now. I think that a principal factor, beyond the habit of police to "protect their own", is the judicial view of what constitutes reasonable punishment for officers who abuse their power. I've read countless reports of policemen who receive probation or mere fines for the very same offenses that, if perpetrated against an officer by a civilian, garner significant prison sentences (sometimes in the range of years). It's no wonder officers are so bold and irreverent when they're able to operate on the understanding that, even in the unlikely event that they are held accountable for abuse, the punishment will be lenient or nonexistent. Something must be done about this, but it's such an accepted practice that I don't forsee any changes in the near future.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Something must be done about this, but it's such an accepted practice that I don't forsee any changes in the near future.

There are changes coming in the near future but you may not recognize them as such. Right now they're being called "Record sale of guns".

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This happening in Idaho doesn't surprise me at all. I've been there and know people who live there and the collective opinion is that the BPD are Nazi for sure. Boise used to be ran by Mormons and the police dept was fair back then, but in the last 10 years another group has moved into the area and things have gotten bad.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join