It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho man sodomized by police Taser plans to sue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Idaho man sodomized by police Taser plans to sue

rawstory.com

A Boise, Idaho, police officer who pushed a Taser inside a man’s buttocks and threatened to “Taser his balls” violated use-of-force policy, but didn’t break the law, an ombudsman has found.

The man in question, whose identity is being withheld, plans to sue the Boise police.

On February 14 of this year, the “complainant,” as he is called in police reports, physically blocked the door to his residence when police arrived to investigate a domestic disturbance. Believing the police officers, who he claims did not identify themselves, to be a person coming to “beat him up,” h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The audio file of the alleged tasing of the guy is there. I could not believe what I was listening to. I don't want to say some things because it would be against the TOS if I spoke about what I really thought about the COP's behavior... I will say that I am absolutely horrified that our cops can be given so much lenience... and that they're the law enforcers so they can act any way they feel like acting... when we're mostly law abiding citizens... yet they can just go on and do stuff like that. This is truly sickening. I cannot believe what I heard.

rawstory.com

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The audio file of the alleged tasing of the guy is there. I could not believe what I was listening to. I don't want to say some things because it would be against the TOS if I spoke about what I really thought about the COP's behavior... I will say that I am absolutely horrified that our cops can be given so much lenience... and that they're the law enforcers so they can act any way they feel like acting... when we're mostly law abiding citizens... yet they can just go on and do stuff like that. This is truly sickening. I cannot believe what I heard.

rawstory.com

I agree completely. This kind of stuff really bugs me too. This isn't right behavior for people who are supposed to "protect and serve".

BUT I want to say we are only really hearing this dudes side of the story. None of us know what really happened.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
After reading the story and listening to the audio I will agree drive stunning (aka..a non probe tase) his ball region shouldn't be done. They would of got him to comply with simply keeping it on his back. Other then that I really don't have an issue with it. They guy obviously loves drama...the whole I CAN'T BREATH thing really is annoying...when you can lay there and scream, and talk, you CAN breath.

Look at the original call...a DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE....which is one of the highest incidents that lead to murder, assault, rape, etc...more then any other. So, police arrive to see why they got called in the first place..and low and behold, this jerkoff blocks the doorway...wonder why? Also, wonder why the "news" article decided NOT to tell us about the original incident the complainant was involved in? Oh yeah, thats right...people wouldnt feel as bad if they knew this guy beat his wife bloddy and now is going to get money in the end.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think the title on the source article is a bit sensationalizing, but I suppose that the 'normal' description would have not attracted enough viewers to the website.

I certainly do NOT agree with a cop tazing someone in the jewels, or the chute, because it just doesn't make a lot of tactical sense...but Like was stated, it was domestic disturbance...not that it makes it ok to completely forget your tremendous responsibility as a LEO.

The guy should have cooperated. Man, I don't believe I'm even typing that. I'm not a big fan of cops abusing their power, but come on, a domestic disturbance and the guy is blocking the door? He's lucky to be alive.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Slow down there cowboy. You have no evidence of anyone beating there wife. More and more these days women are the ones enciting the problem because they know for a fact they can and do get away with it on a daily basis.

Women are more likely in 2009 to commit domestic battery then men, don't be too quick to jump to conclusions. The cops strong arm guys when there called no matter who called them or what the facts are, it's gonna almost always be the man going to jail.

Event if he has all the bruises and she doesn't have a scratch, they'll just say there defensive wounds.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Regardless of how this guy acted the LEOs had no right to threaten to taze him in the jewels... Thats rediculous and it fits "cruel and unusual" perfectly.

The cops should be canned for this behavior.

Regardless of the crime or his behavior LEOs have no business acting like this. Its deplorable.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Not sure why HE would block the doorway if SHE was the aggressor? Why would he hold the door closed so the cops have to fight their way in?

Of course the fact is he IS a convict and just got out of jail right before this incident. A little research shows that.

As for your opinion on domestics...I agree, I see it EVERYDAY...considering I am in law enforcment...and NO we don't always arrest the men. We got room for the ladies in jail too...
But in MY experiance, if a man is being abused or set up by a woman, he isn't going to physically deny access to the cops when they arrive.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
They guy obviously loves drama...the whole I CAN'T BREATH thing really is annoying...when you can lay there and scream, and talk, you CAN breath.

I know! It's weird how a situation like this

Officer #3: Do you feel this?
Complainant: Yes, sir.
Officer #3: Do you feel that? That’s my -
Complainant: Okay
Officer #3: -Taser up your ---.
Complainant: Okay
Officer #3: So don’t move.
Complainant: I’m trying not to. I can’t breathe.

Officer #3: Now do you feel this on your -----?
Complainant: I do, sir. I’m not going to move. I’m not gonna move.
Officer #3 Now I’m gonna tase your ----- if you move again.
A minute later, this exchange occurred:
Officer #3: Okay, I’m gonna take this Taser out of your ------- now. Are you going to fight with me?
Complainant: No, not at all, sir.

could cause someone to panic and hyperventilate. I mean, what a drama queen!

In this context, what the suspect previously did to warrant a visit on domestic disturbance doesn't matter to me one iota. Those who undertake the duties of an officer are obliged to remain calm and professional; pressing a taser inside and against the genital and anal region of a suspect is neither--it is bizarre and unreasonable. You needn't like or defend the suspect to understand that his treatment was clearly, unequivocally inappropriate.

Originally posted by XTexan
Regardless of how this guy acted the LEOs had no right to threaten to taze him in the jewels... Thats rediculous and it fits "cruel and unusual" perfectly.

Precisely.

[edit on 25/7/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This cop obviously has some freaky fetish. I don't have sound on my computer because its broken and I can only use safe mode but from reading a transcript thing it sounds like the cop WANTED to and was ENJOYING doing this!

Disgusting.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nice to see that some find it acceptable for law enforcement officials to threaten torture. Isn't that what US Military personnel did in Abu Ghraib Prison in Iraq; connect electrical devices to prisoners genitals? Some would even argue that the mere use of a taser is torture.

When one hears stories like this, a quote by the Ancient Greek Philosopher Plato comes to mind:

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."

Agreed.

The officers could have approached this differently. Handcuffs are enough. There is no need to put a taser on his genitals.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wonder if the cop has been in prison before..he sounds like he lieks to toss salads

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by rcwj75

Women are more likely in 2009 to commit domestic battery then men...

Really? More likely? While the incidents of female on male domestic violence may have increased, I doubt this statement's accuracy.

Event if he has all the bruises and she doesn't have a scratch, they'll just say there defensive wounds."

In pathology, the phrase defensive wound is used to describe injuries sustained by the victim attempting to fend off an attack, i.e. wounds to the forearms and hands when they are used to block blows and/or slashes. Injuries caused by an actual assault are easily discernable from 'defensive wounds'.

In response to the OP: While actually using a STUN gun or TASER on a person's anus or genitals should never be acceptable and should be prosecuted, I ask this question. If the verbal threat to do so causes the cessation of physical resistance, thus preventing the risk of physical injury to the Officer and/or the arrestee, is it not an acceptable and preferred method?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by WTFover]

[edit on 25-7-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
yes, threatening to tase the balls is just a bit excessive me thinks.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This is like, a script from a comedy show, yes? I believe I just might see this on South Park. lol. Seriously, though. WTF? Not just cops, but people are going off the deep end. But, cops. Sheesh. They are the ones to protect and serve. Cops are like roaches. They come out of the woodwork when there is any sort of call on the radio. They all want to be in on it. They taze some person, and when that person doesn't immediately comply with their orders, they tase some more while the perp gets kicked in the head, etc. I've seen the videos of cops getting tazed. They roll on the floor out of control, but nobody yells at them and hits or kicks them and tasers them again while they are thrashing about and screaming.
And they go, see, it's not so bad. LOL.

Pain compliance. Soon, coming to a community near you. The microwave compliance pain weapons. God Bless America. No, God Damn America. To quote Obama's preacher, "The chickens are coming home to roost!"

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
In response to the OP: While actually using a STUN gun or TASER on a person's anus or genitals should never be acceptable and should be prosecuted, I ask this question. If the verbal threat to do so causes the cessation of physical resistance, thus preventing the risk of physical injury to the Officer and/or the arrestee, is it not an acceptable and preferred method?

I know you didn't ask me but I felt the need to answer

No its not ok, ever. Not even in war with POWs, this would be prevented by the Geneva Convention.

Granted this isn't war, but its to far man. MAYBE if the cop had only threatened to taze him in the butt. He went for the jewels though, and thats insane.

Borderline sexual assault if you ask me...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I have to pay a burly gentleman named C-Bass to do this kind of thing to me ,....... and this " victim" has the nerve to call it abuse !!!

really though, I'm almost getting desensitized to police brutality, I dont think anything can surprise me anymore, Cops are the street gangs of the future.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I live in Boise, and ill tell ya, its gettn pretty bad here with the police.

There have been numerous cases here with mistreatment of the public by officers and troopers around here, and just all around abuse of power and negligence.

Im not surprised that this happened unfortunately, ive seen the cops around here act extremely unprofessional, in fact 2 officers were fired recently for having sex in the back of their squad care when they came to a local night club to "check in" on how the night was going.

Theres been two criminal cases that i can remember of people being shot and not having a weapon, if i can find the info ill post it.

The local jail is in a law suit for not taking proper measure when MRSA was introduced into the county jail, and spreading it to a huge number of people, it led all the way to the prison. At the SAME time as that, they got hit for handing out USED razors to inmates.

Just seems to be getting worse and worse, and the power trips more blatant, youd think there was something that could be done

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The cop didn't just threaten to taze the balls of the suspect. He also did taze him in the back side, while he was in cuffs. So tazer is being used as a pain compliance tool rather than an alternative to deadly force.
The department said that it didn't violate the tazer rules directly which is really freaky. If you start using tazers more and more as pain compliance then how long will it take it to become a standard interrogation technique?
When tazers became popular some people warned about this possibility and now we have cops tazing elderly, children, comatose and now people in cuffs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join