It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cumbre Vieja on La Palma – Serious Problems? Affects the Whole Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is a companion thread to the sollution of the latest cropcircle thread

OMG...latest cropcircle deciphered!!!!

And it's companions with these threads...

Berkeley Report 7/9/09 Says Tremors Unlocking San Andreas - Big Quake Possible

Jellyfish Crop Circle Predicts Solar Storm on July 7 2009

Magnetosphere Watch Thread - Pictures - Latest Information -

Blossom Goodchild - GFL - April 10th event?

Why?? Because they all share the fact that these events (if they would have happened) could have killed a lot of people!!! Which is good to know!!! Also this island could change the face of the earth as we know it and could cause 100.000.000's of deaths around the globe!!!!!!

Now i'm not saying there is a relation between what the cropcircle prediction thread says and this thread but if something happens most people living in costal areas around the world will die!!!!! OMG.......

Cumbre Vieja (Spanish: Old Summit) is an active volcanic ridge on the volcanic ocean island of Isla de La Palma in the Canary Islands.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/0ee3fd91e6f66f8c.jpg[/atsimg]

Wikipedia

La Palma is a volcanic ocean island. It is the steepest island in the world and currently the most volcanically active of the Canary Isles. Historical eruptions on the Cumbre Vieja occurred in 1470, 1585, 1646, 1677, 1712, 1949, and 1971.

The steepest island in the world..OMG, can you imagin what would happen if things go wrong on this island??? Why??......read on!!

Atlantic Ocean Tsunami Threat

Researchers at Benfield Hazard Research Center have identified a potential Atlantic Ocean tsunami threat from large-scale landslides at the Canary Islands. Surface and submarine investigations show a long-term history of mega-landslides at multiple locations in the Canary Island chain. Much of the current research focuses on the Cumbre Vieja volcano on the Canary Island of La Palma

OMG, OMG, OMG.......this is so bad!!!!!

Studies of surface faulting produced by a 1949 eruption suggest that a large mass of between 200 and 500 cubic kilometers could slip into the sea, generating an Atlantic Ocean tsunami with basin-wide impact. Models suggest that these waves could be 100 meters high at adjacent islands, 50-100 meters high on the African coast, 7-10 meters high at Spain and the UK and over 20 meters high on the coast of Florida.

Here is a picture to illustrate this scenario when it unfolds

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/16b6fcd7f40ccbf6.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is a illustration of how much time you will have to get to safety....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/0d70f76e834a73e2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/afadcecd85b25c3f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4c32a207d5c03d44.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6d45baaa9cede4e9.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are some other fact about the island of La Palma...

La Palma

Like all of the Canary Islands, La Palma originally formed as a seamount through submarine volcanic activity. La Palma is currently the most volcanically active of the Canary Islands and was formed three- to four-million years ago. Its basement lies almost 4,000 metres below sea level and reaches a height of 2426 metres. About a half-million years ago, the volcano, Taburiente, collapsed with a giant landslide, forming the Caldera de Taburiente. Historic eruptions (those since the Spanish occupation) have occurred seven times:

1470-1492 Montaña Quemada
1585 Tajuya near El Paso
1646 Volcán San Martin
1677 Volcán San Antonio
1712 El Charco
1949 Volcán San Juan, Duraznero, Hoyo Negro
1971 Volcán Teneguía
During the 1949 eruption from the Duraznero, San Juan, and Hoyo Negro vents on the Cumbre Vieja, an earthquake, with an epicentre near Jedy, occurred. This caused a 2.5 kilometre-long rift to open, with a width of about a metre and a depth of about two metres (Rubio Bonelli, 1950).

In a BBC Horizon program broadcast on October 12, 2000, two geologists (Day and McGuire) cited this rift as proof that half of the Cumbre Vieja had slipped towards the Atlantic Ocean (Day et al., 1999; Ward and Day, 2001). They suggested that this process was driven by the pressure caused by the rising magma heating water trapped within the structure of the island. They hypothesised that during a future eruption, the western flank of the Cumbre Vieja, with a mass of approximately 1.5 x1015 kg, could slide into the ocean. This could then potentially generate a giant wave which they termed a "megatsunami" around 650-900 m high in the region of the islands. The wave would radiate out across the Atlantic and inundate the eastern seaboard of North America including the American, the Caribbean and northern coasts of South America some six to eight hours later. They estimate that the tsunami will have waves possibly 1000 ft or more high causing massive devastation along the coastlines. Modeling suggests that the tsunami could inundate up to 25 km inland - depending upon topography. The basis for Ward and Day (1999) modeling the collapse of a much larger portion of the western flank than the currently visible surface fissures suggest is unstable was evidence from geological mapping by Day et al. 1999. In this paper they argue that a large part of the western flank has been constructed in the scar of a previous collapse and therefore sits upon unstable debris.

Here is a picture of the flag of La Palma. (this might be important!!)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7c38b2d687d0a7f3.png[/atsimg]

Now keep your eyes on this island people!!!! Especially the next weeks!!!

Because something just might happen to it.......

edit: for pictures

[edit on 25/7/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Come on people, lots of info without any doom and gloom!!!

ps: don't forget to visit this thread's sister thread...

OMG...latest cropcircle deciphered!!!!

It is totaly non related!!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Did i just now bump my own thread....

OMG...that is so cheap!!!

oh well, here some more info only to get my thread back on the listing...

They are now talking about nuking the island!!!

Nuke Cumbre Vieja

We know that the western flank of Cumbre Vieja will slide into the sea some time - could be tomorrow, could be hundreds of years away. But geologically speaking it's any second now.
So let's get it over and done with.

A controlled evacuation of tsunami vulnerable areas over weeks or months is infinitely preferable to the chaos and loss of life that would result from an unplanned event. A few year's notice should be given to allow communities and businesses to plan for the property destruction, and the rebuilding to follow.

Then we nuke the fault line and sit back and enjoy the show.

OMG.....is the goverment in on this and are they not telling us???

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's an interesting site which caught my attention....

Volcano Live

Maybe we should keep an eye on this site aswell...

USGS

Keep your eye on this region (red arrow indicator)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ecf63371532e7a62.gif[/atsimg]

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's stuff like this that make me glad to live in NZ. Well I say that conveniently over looking the Supervolcano here in this country.

The Volcanic Explosivity Index (or VEI) is a measure of how substantial a Volcano is by its ejecta.

VEI 8 is the highest level and volcanoes this large eject more than 1000 cubic kilometres of material, virtually destroying the surrounding areas and affecting the global climate long term.

Yellowstone National Park is a VEI 8 Supervolcano.
Closer to home, we have Lake Taupo in NZ's North Island that is also a VEI 8.
There are 10 known VEI 8's around the globe.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

If this baby goes NZ would probably be one of the best places to hang out....so expect a visit from me around the 5th of august cause i don't want to be near any atlantic coast line around that date....

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

This is a good place incase of Tsunami purely because of the shape of the land. A better place would be inland, anywhere ie. central Australia.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Good posting...although I could have done without all of the OMG's.
Sensationalizing things much? OMG everyone on the planet is going to die. OMG. OMG. OMG.
OMG I cant believe I am saying OMG so many times.
OMG!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You didn't get it, did you??

Maybe it is time for a mod to step in and remove this thread (and it's sister-thread)

believe me, i wouldn't mind, i was just trying to make a point. The people who got it are exactly the people i wanted to reach....

Sister thread

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Bwahahahaha I commend you on your parodical efforts.

You sir get a star & flag for highlighting issues rife on this forum for denying ignorance which fails in the area of doom and gloom and of irrational alarmism and instead promotes ignorance.

I'm suprised more people haven't commented really, this stuff normally brings the ignorant out like flies round #

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I guess I didnt, I didnt invest too much time into this thread because of all the hype. I will also say that I didnt read those other threads that you linked to(other than the New Crop circle one) but I read that a day ago.
Like I said, it was a good thread, and you put some time into it, but I believe you ruined a good thing by all of the hype.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

See there are numbers of people who eat this fear based BS up, like it's candy:

Originally posted by Common Good
Good posting...although I could have done without all of the OMG's.

OP, now that we are on the same page about the satirical nature of these few threads, what did you hope to accomplish?

I'm OK with flaming QA with the facts as I have shown in HER threads. To stoop to her level though and mimic what she is doing, just to show that 'you can' is really kind of unnecessary. It also just add's to the chaos and declining credibility of some of these forums where we should really try to keep on point with the facts.

IMO, we should try to restrain ourselves from acting childish, and should more proactively seek MOD and ADMIN assistance in curbing the 'Q-FACTOR' or at least restraining it down to some of the better suited forums (i.e. Predictions, The Gray Area, General Conspiracies, Skunk Works, or [HOAX]). This only my opinion, and I do not run or moderate this site/forum, but I will do my part and start trying to draw more moderator and admin attention to the issue. Why have 'The gray area' and 'Skunk Works' if they were not to be utilized properly?

However to your credit, we did collectively request MOD assistance about that "largest sunspot evar" thread, and to this day nothing was ever done to correct the title or move it to a different forum.

So what do we do now?
I think we should put in an extra effort in drawing more MOD and especially ADMIN attention to what QA is posting and where, over the next few weeks. Lets send a number of U2U's to proper MODS and to 'ATS Admin'. If after a couple of weeks of this we get no results, then we will really only have 3 options:
1) Ignore it the best we can, as we continue to use ATS .
2) Stop using ATS entirely.
3) Stoop to her level...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Common Good

You didn't get it, did you??

Maybe it is time for a mod to step in and remove this thread (and it's sister-thread)

believe me, i wouldn't mind, i was just trying to make a point. The people who got it are exactly the people i wanted to reach....

Sister thread

Peace

Just saw this post, I will try to go delete my little rant....however I am serious about trying to do my part by seeking MOD assistance when it comes to QA.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
Just saw this post, I will try to go delete my little rant....however I am serious about trying to do my part by seeking MOD assistance when it comes to QA.

Why delete your little rant???

If that is what you feel...post it!!! I'm not now or ever gonna feel "attacked" by what you post. I might take up the discussion with you and if i feel there is absolutly no basis to what you say i'll ignore it....

I have no grudge against certain members...

Please leave your rant were it is....It looks fine

About MOD assistance regarding certain members....good luck!!!

Remember this: Don't get mad, get even!!!

Hence these wonderful threads about Cumbre Vieja and deciphered cropcircles....

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I noticed quite a lot of earthquake activity on the west coast of North America.

Definitely linked to Cumbre Vieja on La Palma.

[edit on 25/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You crack me up dude....

But then again, you always do!!!

Peace and respect

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

huh? Wouldnt that be the East coast?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

About MOD assistance regarding certain members....good luck!!!

Remember this: Don't get mad, get even!!!

Hence these wonderful threads about Cumbre Vieja and deciphered cropcircles....

Peace

Lets start by seeing if we can even get MODS to delete these...and get me those flags I was promised
, I see 10 of them so far...lol

Did you already U2U one (or all) of them requesting assistance?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh my god.. you know its bad times when you cant tell the difference between people who are making insane predictions, and the one's that are joking!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
More baseless correlations:

75* F in S Florida right now!

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
Like my title says, it's 75*F here right now, and dropping! This is unheard of in Florida in July. It is actually cooler outside than it is inside my air conditioned house!!! I'm quite sure we're breaking records today!!

As we can see from this diagram of the destruction path:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6d45baaa9cede4e9.jpg[/atsimg]

The event will head towards Florida.

According to my sources (namely my imagination) A temperature drop precedes this event.

[edit on 25/7/09 by Chadwickus]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join