It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has stepped up executions of Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

North Korea has stepped up executions of Christians

news.bbc.co.uk

Human rights groups in South Korea say North Korea has stepped up executions of Christians, some of them in public.

The communist country, the world's most closed society, views religion as a major threat.

Pyongyang's position appears to have hardened on everything from human rights to defense policy and international relations in the last year or so.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North Korea jails 2 female US journalists for 12 years

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Human rights groups in South Korea say North Korea has stepped up executions of Christians, some of them in public. North Korea views religion as a threat to its state ideology.
This is horrible but not surprising. It is consistent with what dictators do to their own people. Hitler and Stalin executed people who believed differently than they did.
Why can't people or governments or dictators just respect other peoples religions? How much of a threat is it to him anyway? Come on Pyongyang, what do you have the BMW syndrome? A little small in the britches? Why do you have to be the only Idol people bow down to worship with out being executed?
Come on lets get an answer you little tyrant with your little missiles! Hey look at me, look at me I will launch a missile in the Pacific and see if I can scare that BIG America.
People like him need to be smashed into nothing in-front of your people so they can know that they can finally be free!
So why doesn't the U.S. get more involved in this human rights violation?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

Because they can't get involved,and America hardly has any moral authority on human rights violations in the first place.Plus its pretty hard to confirm these stories given how closed to the outside world N.Korea is.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

If the media is controlled. How do you get here from their?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yeah, aslong as it isn't happening to Americans, Americans don't care. Look at Rwanda or Bosnia, or any of the dozens of conflicts taking place that involve either genocide or execution of religious opposition.

Don't see them getting involved in those, so you can bet they really don't give two poops for NK.

This is story is also party part of the propaganda wheel I believe as well. We haven't heard from them in a few weeks, and now they need a new story to cast them in an even darker light.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think the point behind this is that we are SUPPOSED to care. Not that it's real, though it certainly could be. We are being bombarded with just how evil NK is today.

Someone needs to go over there and punch that guy in the nose. So, they are experiemtning on disabled children and killing Christians? Sign me up!

You see what I'm saying?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Oh well ofcourse we should care about it, but I'm just speaking realistically here.

Come on we had human rights violations happening 300 miles away from the American boarder, being conducted BY Americans, and still you all did nothing.

Dont expect America to come running anymore, shes no longer the leading of the free world.

Keeper

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If our strings get tugged enough, there WILL be action. They just haven't found the right combination of buttons yet to get us all on board.

U.S. Troops Arriving In Rwanda; 200-Member Force Expected There Today The Washington Post | July 31, 1994| Steve Vogel

Sending 20,000 American troops to Bosnia as part of a NATO-led peacekeeping contingent to enforce Dayton took real political courage. There were widespread predictions that it would fail, and there was opposition from most of Congress and the foreign policy elite.
- that was in 1995

It has been proven time and time again that the US is the world's police force and that if the cage is rattled sufficiently, our men and women will be sent THERE to die, just as they are in Afghanistan. Find the right type of boogeyman, and we are THERE.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

But please don't confuse my half-hearted patriotic advertisement as an approval of US foreign policy.

Not only have we turned a blind eye to countless atrocities, we have perpetrated many of them ourselves, either blatantly, or through puppets.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Yeah, aslong as it isn't happening to Americans, Americans don't care. Look at Rwanda or Bosnia, or any of the dozens of conflicts taking place ~Keeper

Just curious, is America the only country on the planet who should be doing something? As of last count there were 195 countries in the world.
When America puts their hands into somebody elses business then they are imperialist monsters. When they don't they are uncaring monsters.

So America hasn't gone into North Korea and started yet another war. What about the other 190 odd countries on this spinning ball of two faced hypocricy? Where are all of those shining examples of non-American perfection?

It's constant hate bile and disdain for Americans for what they do, then its hate bile and disdain for what they don't do. You want to go to NK and slap old KJ around then go to it hero. You want to get a flight to Bosnia or hang out in Rwanda then by all means go buy a ticket. Nobody's keeping you from it.

It's obvious that hating America is fashionable and cool but at least be consistent about your method of hate.

No need to be hateful AND a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Yeah, aslong as it isn't happening to Americans, Americans don't care. Look at Rwanda or Bosnia, or any of the dozens of conflicts taking place ~Keeper

Just curious, is America the only country on the planet who should be doing something? As of last count there were 195 countries in the world.
When America puts their hands into somebody elses business then they are imperialist monsters. When they don't they are uncaring monsters.

So America hasn't gone into North Korea and started yet another war. What about the other 190 odd countries on this spinning ball of two faced hypocricy? Where are all of those shining examples of non-American perfection?

It's constant hate bile and disdain for Americans for what they do, then its hate bile and disdain for what they don't do. You want to go to NK and slap old KJ around then go to it hero. You want to get a flight to Bosnia or hang out in Rwanda then by all means go buy a ticket. Nobody's keeping you from it.

It's obvious that hating America is fashionable and cool but at least be consistent about your method of hate.

No need to be hateful AND a hypocrite.

Excellent post! I agree completely.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This sounds like propoganda to the christian world or western countries. Is SK trying to draw attention to NK in a bad way to urge involvement.

I guess the nuke testing wasn't enough to encourage the west to move on NK, so now they are playing up innocent executions.... see look how evil!

I could be wrong of course

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
This sounds like propoganda to the christian world or western countries. Is SK trying to draw attention to NK in a bad way to urge involvement.

I guess the nuke testing wasn't enough to encourage the west to move on NK, so now they are playing up innocent executions.... see look how evil!

I could be wrong of course

In all do respect this is not propaganda! That would be the easy was to ignore and not even look back. But I have helped out some of these people that are on the run from there own family's that are turning them in for there own safety. To think that if your dad became a Christian and gets caught then you could go to a concentration camp or even be killed. I have seen the pictures of the beatings and blood shed. I personally know some people that have taken the pictures I have seen. So a news story yes, falsified propaganda no1

Best Regards
The_Tick

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Britain and America have systematically killed millions upon millions of people for economic means together.Practically all of the western world has...but the special relationship between America and the UK is something else.Britain itself was responsible for killing a million indonesians in 1965, well atleast complicit in it...anyway off topic,but the point im getting at is britain and america dont care if 40,000 christians in N.korea were killed tomorrow unless they can get something out of it for pretending to care.But you are right,its time we stop believing that the supposed benevolent countries of freedom and prosperity would help any country out unless for geo-political means.It wont and will never happen.So asking why oh why? aren't they saving the N.koreans,sudanese,zimbabweans etc..people should remember that.i should mention america was involved in the indonesian massacre of 1965 too...but i have only read deeply about the british evidence.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Lol, now they kill good 'ol christians and test weapons on children? Boogeyman stories anyone?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The U.S. can try to exert some moral authority and chastise the North Korean government publicly, but that's honestly about all we can do. We have no diplomatic relations with them now. And in recent years our moral authority has been seriously undermined.

Unless we're prepared to go to war over it, I don't see a lot of options.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What are Christians doing in NK in the first place and why weren't they offed in the last 50 something years NK has been crazy? This sounds like bull and even if it isn't I honestly don't really care.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Very true the United States does not wager in anything that it does not financially benefit From.
As of the other mater of why are there still Christians in NK? All to bare the light of the Gospel to those that have not yet been shown.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You are so very wrong. IMO Americans do care, no matter where it is happening. It would take the souless to not care. Doing something about it is precarious at the least, and certainly dangerous to all. No country wants to make a quick and regrettable move at this point where NK is concerned, only time will tell what action all interested countries will take, in the meantime, I can tell you that I am an American, and I care about the people of NK, and I am positive that I am neither alone, or of small numbers.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So why doesn't the U.S. get more involved in this human rights violation?

If the US goes into North Korea, a lot more people will die than this.

The North Korean regime is almost certainly the worst .gov on the face of the planet right now.

But US bombs are not going to bring any of its victims back to life.

Bombs usually tend to have the opposite effect on things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join