It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Exclusive: Obama’s ‘Kill Grandma Bill’ - Will Americans tolerate the denial of healthcare to t

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"Will Americans tolerate the denial of healthcare to those 65 and older?"


When United States citizens reach the age of 65 they are forced into Medicare and out of any private insurance option for coverage of their healthcare.

The government sets the dollar amount doctors, other healthcare providers, and hospitals will be paid for the treatments of a Medicare patient.

When a Medicare payment is decided, often the fee is based on which special interest group lobbies the federal government most effectively.


Source Link: familysecuritymatters.org...



Here is what stands out to me, while Mr. Obama is pushing to get his Health Care Bill passed as fast as possible the truth of the matter is we "All" Americans will not have the best medical care as our Government Officials have as he campaigned on during the election of 08. My example is clear in this thread as it tells of Sen. Kennedy and how he would have basically died if he was covered under the same care we will be forced to be covered under.




posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You mean to tell me that Americans (or anyone else) actually believe that Obama makes any of the 'decisions' for which he's credited ?

Do people really believe Obama has any say at all ?

I thought Americans (and most others) were aware that Obama is simply a front-man, like Bush, who enjoys the prestige, perks and advantages provided by office, while licking the boots of the shadow government now and for the rest of his (from-now-on -- as long as he plays ball and isn't 'assassinated) privileged life



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
To answer your question YES. The American populace as a whole is very selfish and feels that as long as it improves their lifestyle, they do not care who it hurts. Americans also as a whole do not look to far into the future, therefore thinking "well this is just for now, it will change before I get that old" or "I'll be making enough money by then to not worry about such things".



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
OLD PEOPLE DIE....we all eventually will! One of the biggest problems in American health care is the attitude that we need to "Keep Grandma Alive". This a cancer on society...not wanting to deal with the loss of a loved one, so what do we do? I'll tell ya...We try to keep people alive (through life support or whatever mechanism we can find) when they should/could/and in most cases WANT TO PASS ON


What is the obsession with keeping the deathly ill alive? I just don't get it.



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
OLD PEOPLE DIE....we all eventually will! One of the biggest problems in American health care is the attitude that we need to "Keep Grandma Alive". This a cancer on society...not wanting to deal with the loss of a loved one, so what do we do? I'll tell ya...We try to keep people alive (through life support or whatever mechanism we can find) when they should/could/and in most cases WANT TO PASS ON


What is the obsession with keeping the deathly ill alive? I just don't get it.


Let's just say your point of view is more valid then not? Then please explain how Sen. Kennedy and other's should have the right to medical care that extends their lives and not the lives of other people? Or your saying "Death" to those like Kennedy as well?

My problem is not about deathly ill people but those who are ill and don't and can't recieve the same services that the elite are supposed to be covered under the same plan is all I am saying.



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

Let's just say your point of view is more valid then not? Then please explain how Sen. Kennedy and other's should have the right to medical care that extends their lives and not the lives of other people? Or your saying "Death" to those like Kennedy as well.


I don't think Sen. Kennedy has the right (assuming he is deathly ill) to continue living at the tax payers expense. NOW, if he wants to pay out-of-pocket, then more power to him...but my bottom line is that people that waste health care resources to extend their life by a few hours/days/weeks/months...SHOULD be denied health care under ANY insurance plan, as it only INCREASES the cost of care for everyone else.

The same goes for many others too...for example, If you go to the ER with a migraine headache, then they should turn your arse away...save the Dr.'s for people with serious, but TREATABLE illnesses.



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i for one want to live forever.

if they decide to kill me by not treating me... ill go ape*&#$

i agree the whole natural selection thing has been thrown off, but im still young, and if i got sick, and cost to benifit wasnt there to keep me alive, well then screw all of you. you all suck.

we may not even have the chance to shell out more money, because the only places available only take RFID and not cash....



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
i for one want to live forever.

if they decide to kill me by not treating me... ill go ape*&#$

i agree the whole natural selection thing has been thrown off, but im still young, and if i got sick, and cost to benifit wasnt there to keep me alive, well then screw all of you. you all suck.

we may not even have the chance to shell out more money, because the only places available only take RFID and not cash....


“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” -Mark Twain

So....Get out and live!!! All the medical care in the world can't save you from death.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can just see the new health warnings now.


Surgeon General : Living to an old age has been proven to be fatal.


Personally I plan to live until I die of extreme old age, maybe even break a record or two for it


It's the least I can do to the government


M.



[edit on 25-7-2009 by Moshpet]



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My only comment is that they are planning to extend Medicare coverage to include a prescription plan and all sorts of other things. And there is supposed to be a 5 year grace period to keep other healthcare plans.

I don't think this will fly, though. In congress. Because people in congress have parents, too, who are elderly. And I promise they're not all on Medicare.



posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13
 





My only comment is that they are planning to extend Medicare coverage to include a prescription plan and all sorts of other things.

News flash. Medicare already has a prescription plan. Where have you been the last SIX years? It was enacted in 2003!



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join