It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Spy Cameras in Schools

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Big Brother Spy Cameras in Schools

endtimedeception.ning.com

A school has installed nearly 100 security cameras to monitor classrooms, corridors and play areas, it emerged yesterday.

The £60,000-a-year surveillance system at Stockwell Park High is believed to be the most extensive in a school.

Cameras also film lessons to help staff improve their technique and may be used to expose poor teaching.

The comprehensive intends to kit out every classroom with the technology because staff say it helps tackle truancy, indiscipline and false allegations against them.

Teachers' leaders last night warned against using the 'Big Brotherish' system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This Article seeks to expose how Big brother Cameras are slowly and steadily being used to capture all that we do.This week we heard the story of Erin Andrews a reporter with ESPN who was secretly videotaped nude against her consent.This trend is very disturbing to all of us who still value our privacy.

endtimedeception.ning.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-7-2009 by arth247]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by arth247]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Can anyone say 1984 ? i find this sad that all of our privacy is slowly being taken away from us and only a very small few seem to be realizing the complications of this. the rest just follow blindly.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Welcome to the UK Police State!!
Listen to you Governemnt. We are here to serve you.
You will be controlled.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You know whenever I hear news like this I wonder, here in the US we are not far behind in UK big communist take over.

Why are we no protesting? why we are just sitting docks to all this.

Where are the out raged parents, teachers?

Where.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You never knwo if the guy employed behind the camera is a pedophile and nobody has complained about that either.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's not just the UK. Here in my 'city' we have ONE high school. We have a population of about 30k. They have about 100 IP based cameras in the high school. The cops can connect to the system to monitor the school from their cars.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Or to watch for girls skirts to see if they can catch a glimpse of their underware.

Dirty bastards, this just creating a nation of piping-toms with authority.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That reminds me of a case, a couple of years back, Operators were caught red handed spying on a female, changing or bathing in her house.

They were both charged. An found guilty.

Just goes to show, that CCTV Cameras are open to abuse.

I would also be questioning, where exactly the cameras are. One thing I would not be happy about if there were cameras in the PE, Changing rooms, or the Pupils Toilets.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is totally wrong on so many levels, but one has to at least give credit where credit is due and acknowledge respect for the British for not claiming that this is being done for the safety of the children. In the United States all it would take is one voice to cry out "but think about the children" and all of a sudden after the next school shooting everyone would be screaming for this kind of surveillance in every one of our schools. Cameras don't prevent crime, nor can they stop those kinds of acts of violence.

However, the British argument being that these cameras are to protect the teachers (and thereby limit the legal liability of the schools themselves), and to deter truancy and indiscipline are legitimate concerns, but at what cost? Is truancy and indiscpline so great a threat and crime that one need violate one's inalienable right to privacy? The moral implications should be the biggest concern.

As others have already stated, any technology can and will be abused, and this school surveillance system is no different in that respect. Who will watch those who are watching to ensure that it isn't abused? Who will be watching those who are watching those who are watching to ensure it isn't abused, and so forth, until you have an Escher-like system that goes on and on to infinity?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If they are putting them in schools now, there is no logical reasons not to put them in our homes. If you're going to ensure kids are properly educated, what is to stop you ensuring kids are being properly fed, getting enough sleep, and not being abused? The only way to be sure is with a camera.

Of course you can argue we already have surveillance in our homes. We have computers which have webcams constantly installed, which could broadcast without us knowing. We have mobile phones and computer speakers which can send audio without us knowing. And then there is things like the Wii and certain digital television boxes, which have cameras aimed right into our living rooms and have an internet connection.

I wonder if they would dare be more overt and order actual surveillance cameras for our homes. After all, about the only people who can make use of the stuff I listed are people like the NSA and CIA. The people who would actually "need" to spy on us transparently and legally are social services and police force.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

That in itself would be going too far. I for one wouldbe prepared to go to jail, before I would let anyone, put cameras in my house.

Mind you wouldnot surprise me, if this governement was to put forward this for legislation. Just another infringement of our rights in the UK.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
First off school is a public place. Now if the cameras were outside your home watching your kids, that is a different story.

But really, I think schools these days need the babysitting. Teachers are getting abused. Other kids are getting preyed upon and abused.
I have had some pretty lousy teachers, it would be nice to filter them out.

If you want to talk about 1984, look on youtube. How many of those videos are govenment created content?

Fact is, big brother is us, the population. We are filming each other and everything with our cell phone cameras and digital cams. And we ate it up hook line and sinker and will turn on each other in a heartbeat.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

People do put them in their homes to watch their kids. I remember a story on the news about a woman who installed one to watch her kid from work when the kid gets home from school. I think the mom caught a friend over who wasn't supposed to be or something and the kid got punished.

Um, so much for learning from experience.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes because half of the time, people are forced to do this, weither it is police abuse, or anybody else infringing on our liberties, or acting in a threatning behaviour. BB, has been here longer before the ordinary joe decided enough was enough, we will fight back.

But look at what the goverment has done, or what the community police/police officers are trying to do. They are trying to stop people from using cameras. Or Film Makers from filming in public places.

You just need tolook on you tube to see, the Police are making up the law as they go along,.

Another thing. Would you be happy for those cameras in schools, to be in PE Changing rooms or Pupils toilets. I for one would not be happy about this at all.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I do not think the added surveillance in the school system is a bad thing.
Really, the kids are there to learn....there is not much 'invasion of privacy' to it. Maybe if they would have had this in my school back when, they would have interveined into the nonschool related activities i was taking part in and maybe would have done a lil better.

I am not sure how much of a problem this is in the UK, but as a parent of 3 that are in school, I would feel better knowing the school grounds were being watched a little better for potential preditors.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tank2/8

But then you have to strike up a balance, of one protection of the Teacher, so they are not opened to abuse, two the protection of the child/pupil also, so they are not open to abuse either.

There was an article recently of a teacher, being charged with attempted murder of a pupil. Oks maybe the cameras should be there. I am just alittle alarmed at how far will this go.

(How are you btw
,)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The cameras becoming a trend over other parts of our day to day life would definintly be a HUGE red flag. I cannot speak for the nation, but I know in my home town, the cameras watching me mow my lawn or walking down the street would not be functional very long.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by National_Insecurity
Can anyone say 1984 ? i find this sad that all of our privacy is slowly being taken away from us and only a very small few seem to be realizing the complications of this. the rest just follow blindly.

Some of us were trying to read 1984 on Kindles when big brother Amazon deleted the 1984 books

They said it was some kind of permission issue, but hey this is a conspiracy website, so don't we have to wonder if they didn't want us to see how scary the parallels are getting between the book and real life?

If they start burning all the hard copies of 1984 too then we'll know something is up!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I so need to obtain a copy off that book, apart from amazon, Can I buy this frombookstores etc?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join