It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. President, we have a problem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When will these birther threads end? I CANNOT stand Obama. But these threads are really getting ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Reply to Maxmars:

From my post prior to yours...

Originally posted by maybereal11
I think you can expect the sound of crickets...as always happens when you debunk this crap...they will slink away and wait for the next mound of BS to be handed to them and they will post...and it will get 60 flags...you will disprove it and get a paltry star and then silence.

Silence or personal attacks....they aren't interested in the truth...no light-bulb moments...the facts have nothing to do with it.

I see you chose personal attacks...

Maybe you could try to man-up next time and post something like..."I really don't like Obama and think his policies are bad for this country, but BS is BS and this is BS and has been proven so"

Just a suggestion. At least I would be able to afford you a modicum of respect and take you seriously once in a while.

Originally posted by Maxmars

Could you possibly contrive to be a bit more zealous and reactive?

I was going to avoid this thread until I saw the circling of vultures overhead...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Maxmars]

BTW - You did manage to avoid this thread. You contributed nothing to the discussion of the OP..just personal attacks.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thread is a waste of time. As previous posters have pointed out , his comments can be explained in any number of ways. I know this is a conspiracy site, but come on folks. I can just see the next thread now....

"Obama says he had 2 eggs for breakfast - sources say he actually had 3!!!! Impeach Obama now!!!!!!!"

Give it a rest

EDIT: to add, I'm no fan of Obama either...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Curio]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
When will these birther threads end? I CANNOT stand Obama. But these threads are really getting ridiculous.

And a star for you. We have different opinions, but at least your dislike of Obama isn't expressed by how many lies you can propigate.

Honest debate and discussion welcome...Ignorance and lies denied.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

reply to post by dooper

Please actually read the thread. You will look less foolish. The Op has been debunked.

I will advice you to re-read the T & C... If you have proof that my thread is DEBUNKED then you need to provide proof of such a link to support it.

The problem with you Obamabots, just like those who supported Bush can't stand anything said about your boy! Provide proof that WND is printing lies.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

You already provided the link to debunk the article. The article quotes him saying 'capsules', not 'capsule' as in Apollo 11, 1969.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by dooper

Please actually read the thread. You will look less foolish. The Op has been debunked.

...If you have proof that my thread is DEBUNKED then you need to provide proof of such a link to support it.

....Provide proof that WND is printing lies.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

Sure...

Here ya go..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you not reading your own thread?

Obama qoute in question from your article: I grew up in Hawaii, as many of you know, and I still recall sitting on my grandfather's shoulders when those capsules would land in the middle of the Pacific and they'd get brought back and we'd go out

NOTICE THE PLURAL...he is referring to the Space Program...not the first landing on the moon.

Or how about this...

After his parent's divorce, his mother married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian foreign student, with whom she had one daughter. The family moved to Jakarta in 1967, where Obama attended local schools from ages 6 to 10.

Moves back to Honolulu Jan 1 1971
www.xtimeline.com...

Which leaves how many "splash-down" retrievals brought into port that he might have witnessed from his grandfathers shoulders in Hawaii?

As Andrewh7 pointed out:
The Apollo program ran between 1961 and 1972, including numerous manned flights with capsules. The Gemini program had 10 manned space flights between 1965 and 1966.

And as I pointed out:
Obama returned from Indonesia to Hawaii where his grandfather lived in 1971.

Apollo 14 splashed down in February, 1971
Apollo 15 in August, 1971,
Apollo 16 in April, 1972
Apollo 17, on December 19th, 1972

SO...do you want to ping the mods and have your thread labled "Debunked"?....thought not.

Why don't you just respond to the facts with a personal attack or something....at least be consistent if not honest.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

You are correct, I hadn't a chance to read all the post in my thread to see the other sources linking other stories that could change the points being made in my thread. Thank you for taking the time to catch me up...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

No problem. Sorry about being an ass in making my case. With everything that's going on I have little patience for ...this kinda stuff.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Kettle Black with the steady stream of postings from Obama hating maniacs.

No need for a "ready room" Max. Just the ability to read the OP and a rational mind to spot the BS and the 60 seconds to it takes to examine the facts...

Thats the funniest thing about these threads...they don't require a genuis or even 5 minutes of examination or research to debunk...yet your camp continues to rally around each new pile of BS anew with some form of scrambling desperation.

....damn the facts, screw the truth, this man must be stopped. The American public is dumb, feed them whatever we like. It should be the GOPs motto.

Without respect for truth or honesty the American public will continue to appropriately view the far right and GOP machinery as NOT CREDIBLE, DISHONEST PROPAGANDISTS...and yes these threads on ATS are just one representitive lesion of many upon the diseased GOP party.

For the nations sake...get well soon.

Reply to Maxmars:

From my post prior to yours...

I think you can expect the sound of crickets...as always happens when you debunk this crap...they will slink away and wait for the next mound of BS to be handed to them and they will post...and it will get 60 flags...you will disprove it and get a paltry star and then silence.

Silence or personal attacks....they aren't interested in the truth...no light-bulb moments...the facts have nothing to do with it.

I see you chose personal attacks...

Maybe you could try to man-up[ next time and post something like..."I really don't like Obama and think his policies are bad for this country, but BS is BS and this is BS and has been proven so"

Just a suggestion. At least I would be able to afford you a modicum of respect and take you seriously once in a while.

BTW - You did manage to avoid this thread. You contributed nothing to the discussion of the OP..just personal attacks.

Wow, all that angst because of my five line post?

It's not my camp. I am not a political zealot, nor a member or support of the so-call GOP. I hate no one (that could change, I suppose) and most importantly, what you perceived as an attack, was not so intended.

I understand that is what you are dealing in, issues of attacks and barbs of counterattacks, but that paradigm holds no value to me.

I believe that the OP, just as you (or I for that matter) deserve a modicum of respect regardless of the position we may take on any issue.

I was simply responding to the mean-spirited way the collective came down on those posters of opposing views (who were equally 'eager' to submit their thoughts.) The humor I thought I employed was obviously lost to all but myself.

I can honestly say that I am not inclined to apologize since in retrospect, I don't think what I posted was 'personal' or an 'attack' in any way. It was directed at the 'cooperative' nature of the 'debunking' effort, which took a very nasty tone with anyone daring to opine differently on the subject.

My 5 line post was non-contributory? Perhaps, if you so judge it. But my judgment was that it was a way to contrast the verbal assault provided to the OP and those participating in the thread. Facts don't have to be delivered in an 'in your face' or demeaning manner to remain viable facts.

I won't bother to go too much further here, because I don't want to interfere with the righteous rantings of those who - quite fervently - insist that the mere act of scrutiny is 'offensive' to their sensibilities. Or even those who will rant about a man who is neither in control of his situation, nor the architect of his term of public service.

U2U me if you wish to discuss the matter further, I would like to assure you, I am not a hateful or spiteful poster, but I suspect you have already categorized me as such for your like-minded members. I would just appreciate it if you saved your disparaging comments for a more private forum where you can tell me that you can't take me seriously, or you can refuse to offer me respect, without insulting me publicly.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm one who believes he is not a native born and is hiding his actual origin of birth, but even this one I can give the benefit of the doubt on that he saw it in Hawaii.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First off I would like to say that I believe most politicians ,including most presidents tell people what they think the majority would like to hear.
Its about getting elected and selling themselves the best they can.If anyone thinks other wise they must be truly niave.
If a person goes for a job ,any job, they must sell themselves,even after they get that job they at least have to keep selling themselves when the boss is around if they want to keep their jobs .This is no different for the president all presidents not just Obama.

That said I still haven't made my mind up about Obama yet.One thing that might be strange though is from his quote earlier in the thread.

The country continues to draw inspiration from what you've done. I should note, just personally, I grew up in Hawaii, as many of you know, and I still recall sitting on my grandfather's shoulders when those capsules would land in the middle of the Pacific and they'd get brought back and we'd go out and we'd pretend like they could see us as we were waving at folks coming home. And I remember waving American flags and my grandfather telling me that the Apollo mission was an example of how Americans can do anything they put their minds to.

If like alot of people say he could of witnessed the Apollo missons from 1971 on cause he was in Hawaii ,he states he remembers sitting on his Grandfathers shoulders.

How old was he in 1971 and on? If he was close to a teenager what, teenager do you know that would sit on their Grandfathers shoulders to watch any event ? Must have been a pretty strong Grandfather or small Obama!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

YOU provide proof that they are. I keep hearing people say "Wheres your proof", well where is YOURS?

If others are Obamabots then what does that make all of you who seem to HATE him for no good reason. Any hint of controversy and you clinch to it as truth and run with it.

So if others are Obamabots I guess that makes you "Gossip Girls" lol. Get a life.

The whole thing is a charade. Democrats/Republicans = a snake with 2 heads. They keep us divided on purpose but you guys can's see that huh. Too busy playing roles, "I'm a republican, I'm a democrat.....blah, blah, blah. Hold tightly to your ideologies its worked so far.....lol.....Just look around you.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by InthekNOwla]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something.

Where did Obama say he witnessed an Apollo splashdown?

See my post here for an explanation of why this thread is irrelevant.

People are trying to make something out of nothing. Apollo has nothing to do with what was said.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I can honestly say that I am not inclined to apologize since in retrospect, I don't think what I posted was 'personal' or an 'attack' in any way. It was directed at the 'cooperative' nature of the 'debunking' effort, which took a very nasty tone with anyone daring to opine differently on the subject.

Hey max..questioning and scrutiny is not "offensive"...with a genuine interest in the truth it can lead to enlightenment on a given subject. Ignoring the facts given to you simply becuase they run counter to what you want to believe...well that might not be "offensive" but it is frustrating to those trying to provide answers.

as for your post not being a personal attack...you mocked the camp that was actually looking to get to the truth for caring about the truth.

My goodness, do you guys have a 'ready room' for when Obama threads get made?

Do alarms and klaxons sound and everyone runs to the keyboard?

Then continued on to refer to those arguing facts in face of evident BS as "Zealous", "Reactive" "Vultures".

Could you possibly contrive to be a bit more zealous and reactive?

I was going to avoid this thread until I saw the circling of vultures overhead...

I have been posting in the political forums for a reasonable amount of time now, like yourself.

I know your aren't GOP or Dem...you are not without strong bias though in my persoanl opinion.

In the end I will refer your to my post above. I can be an ass at times, but no less correct.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Fair enough. Let's leave it at that. Frankly I respect your opinion too much to taint it by dwelling on a single exchange over a heated topic.

Please note though, I did not say I agreed with the OP or it's supporters. I can be just as guilty of ill-conceived posting as anyone else around here.

I agree 'vultures' carries a connotation that was too negative.

Be well.

MM

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Provide proof that WND is printing lies.

Okee Dokee.......

Here’s a sterling example of how the fringe conservative Website WorldNetDaily, which has published more than 200 articles about Obama birth conspiracy theories, has made itself impenetrable to facts. The site finally got an interview with a Hawaiian official:
Hawaii state Registrar Dr. Alvin Onaka told WND today that most birth records stem from a hospital report. Documentation for children not born in hospitals depends on other records, such as the pregnant mother’s prenatal exams, the statement of an attending midwife and a verification of the birth of a live child.

Other listings include a “foreign” birth or a “delayed” birth.

“We would not be issuing birth certificates of individuals not born in the state of Hawaii,” he said.

So the state said, yet again, that it has the original birth certificate of Hawaii-born Barack Obama. Case closed, right? No. This is the starting point for a story about how “there are cases” — no examples given — of “some documents” reporting inaccurate information. How can Hawaii prove that its records are legitimate? It can’t, because maybe everyone in the government is wrong and the people who reported Barack Obama’s birth 47 years ago lied to them. And while “investigators” suss that out, please spend $17.99 and buy the new movie from WorldNetDaily.

washingtonindependent.com...

How's that working for ya?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Mr. President, we have a problem ...

Jimmy Carter recalls witnessing Roswell UFO:

In 1973 Carter said

"There were about twenty of us standing outside of a little restaurant, I believe, a high school lunch room, and a kind of green light appeared in the western sky. This was right after sundown. It got brighter and brighter. And then it eventually disappeared. It didn't have any solid substance to it, it was just a very peculiar-looking light. None of us could understand what it was."

Speaking in a 2005 interview, Carter states:

"all of a sudden, one of the men looked up and said, 'Look, over in the west!' And there was a bright light in the sky. We all saw it. And then the light, it got closer and closer to us. And then it stopped, I don’t know how far away, but it stopped beyond the pine trees. And all of a sudden it changed color to blue, and then it changed to red, then back to white. And we were trying to figure out what in the world it could be, and then it receded into the distance."

Source Link: Carter's UFO Incident

Clearly, there's no way that Carter could have witnessed the Roswell UFO if he was serving on a ship or submarine in the middle of the ocean during the time of the crash.

More and more I'm starting to believe Carter has something to hide.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Not so much. Thanks. People can be easily corrupted or blackmailed or coerced or forced to make statements for the public record. Prove that the person making the statement is uncorruptible, then I'll give you a star.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

If anyone can guess how the above post pertains to the OP I'll give you a star.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Prove that the person making the statement is uncorruptible...

So I offer proof to OP's request (and you offer none) and now The Hawaiian politician is corrupt and you demand more? Seriously mam, you're joking right?

...then I'll give you a star.

There is no sunlight to illuminate the star in the place where I kindly suggest you place it.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join