It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiscal ruin of the Western world beckons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Fiscal ruin of the Western world beckons

www.telegraph.co.uk

A further 17,000 state jobs must go (equal to 1.25m in the US), though unemployment is already 12pc and heading for 16pc next year.
Education must be cut 8pc. Scores of rural schools must close, and 6,900 teachers must go. "The attacks outlined in this report would represent an education disaster and light a short fuse on a social timebomb", said the Teachers Union of Ireland.
Nobody is spared. Social welfare payments must be cut 5pc, child benefit by 20pc. The Garda (police), already smarting from a 7pc pay cut, may have to buy their own uniforms. Hospital visits could cost £107 a day, e
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It sounds like Ireland is going the way of the U.S.

This is sad, I consider the Irish a very good people, and are surely not the cause of the issues their country is facing.

It is my recommendation that now is the time for a one world currency. We can all share a similar currency, and hopefully start brand new.

Who agrees a single-world currency might fix our problems, and bring us closer to peace?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Mods, this might be better placed under 'Global Meltdown'., if someone wants to make sure it ends up there.....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
already posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks!

Please close this thread, and comment in the already0existing thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why would it not be their fault if they are running out of money and having to make budget cuts?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's the fault of those in charge. Not the people....

Those in charge are making stupid financial planning decisions right now.... some might argue, to purposefully collapse the economy. The sad part is that the people will have to pay.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My favorite is one of the comments on that article from the site...

"We are doomed to slavery and death". "Obama is a Marxist." "The crisis was all deliberately created so X, Y or Z (take your pick of any liberal you care to mention) can take over the world and force us all to be liberals." With a few notable exceptions, like Ben Mueller, the rantings on here are typical of conspiracy-theorists, right-wing hermits and those who hope it all goes bad so thay can blame the pinkos who they see crawling up their gardens every night to try to steal their daughters. Grow up the lot of you. Wish hard enough for something awful and you'll probably help make it come true. Thank God (if he exists) I and my family don't live in a world run by some of you.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeannaHolland

It's the fault of the people for not being their own God...

Look to no man, but love every one....

Self-reliance is the key to success... and the only key...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

LOL Thank you for the bit about Obama.... Makes the rest of this a little less credible. They will blame anything they can, on this man. Such outragious comments... it's funny.

But then again, I may be the only one hoping he IS a Marxist.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I absolutely do not agree that a one world currency would solve anything except give a few much power over the many. Money, no matter where it comes from must have hard value behind it. The Euro just as the Dollar has its value based sadly on debt to those who portion it out. The only thing that is keeping any balance in the world markets is the ability to move money around and exchange it. This gives control of "capital" or "money" to many instead of one or a few which would be the result if we all had the same currency. The next step in that path then would be a one world government, creating a privileged class of citizens few in number and immense in influence and power over all others. We can't allow this to take place, sovereign sates must be preserved and individual currencies and markets must be strengthened.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeannaHolland

No chance in hell Obama's a Marxist. That would mean he has a stance about something and if there's anything Americans HATE above all else, it's a politician who has opinions and stances

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Sorry you feel so strongly about sovereignty. But the way I see it, the only thing border lines allow for, is war against one another. It's sad, but true.

As long as we have people reinforcing that each country has DIFFERENT people, DIFFERENT cultures, enemies and the stuch.... we will never have peace.

I am all for a NWO, aside from the fact that I feel the only possible ones to be chosen, are corrupt as hell. If only those in power could be less greey and power-hungry. But since peope are so quick to follow the herd, those in power are the only thing we've got.

If we could get rid of the Kissingers, the Rothschilds, etc.... Then it could work, without suffering and slavery. Possibly.

To poster above, TheWalkingFox... What IS Obama, aside from a pawn?

top topics

join