It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Astrobiologists Debunk Aliens and UFOs In One Paragraph = Unscientific

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
Unsurprisingly I didn't receive a response.

There is a very good reason NASA will not respond...

They cannot be accused of lying by saying nothing

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
What he says makes absolute sense :\ It really is unscientific to spend time researching something which, for the most part, doesn't exist. At least other subjects such as 'dark matter' and other scientific pursuits have some basis to being a possible theory, as I said based on already existing scientist facts, as opposed to alien visitation.

And sadly, video, pictures, and testimonies do not count as actual proof. Anyone can do the three above, both either truthfully or for deceptive purposes. If there were some actual proof of aliens, such as a body or piece of a UFO to study, it would once and for all be considered something worth pursuing scientifically.

He doesn't say aliens do not exist. He simply says there isn't any intelligent life visiting earth.

They don't pursue it scientifically because it doesn't fit their conditioned, materialistic model of reality. Scientists are normally skeptics who deny, ridicule and suppress anything progressive that challenges the static views of the establishment. I guarantee you that this way of thinking is undoubtedly going to lead to the further demise of mankind and the planet at large if it doesn't change. They MUST begin to shake their belief systems about the universe; what does and doesn't exist; and what is and isn't possible if they ever want to stay on this planet for longer than the next 5 years, because sh*t is going to hit the fan very soon.

Anyone with half-a-brain that's been paying attention to the subject-closely knows that the answer published by the NASA astrobiologist is complete and utter rubbish. If you listen to them, well... you probably deserve anything that comes your way, including being completely swallowed in fear when the extraterrestrials finally reveal themselves.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Do you actually have access to those files right now, and if so, why don't you release them to us?

Nope had access to ONE file that I requested... that is a neat server can password protect each file

Why would I release them to you? Who are you? What is your need to know about methane emissions on Mars and what good would that data do you?

I have released lots of stuff here on ATS Have you read them? Like the Looking Glass from LANL? No? Why not? And if not why should I waste my time?

Because I was under the impression you had access to more sensitive documents that you could have been kept from releasing to the public.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360 my History teacher's father worked for the CIA in the past but was currently retired. My teacher told us that her father said the Roswell crash was indeed an alien spacecraft (also added that the CIA shot JFK)

Couple flaws here...

The CIA handles foreign affairs... they were never involved in Roswell

LBJ had JFK killed. History channel interviewed his servants that overheard LBJ at a dinner party taking the report that the deed was done

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Because I was under the impression you had access to more sensitive documents that you could have been kept from releasing to the public.

I might... but you didn't answer my questions

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You could be right, however just because the CIA wasn't directly involved with Roswell, doesn't mean the CIA or any specific members couldn't have had access to some of the classified documents.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
True... spooks do tend to want to be in on it
And back then we didn't have 110 spook agencies to deal with

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

What he says makes absolute sense :\ It really is unscientific to spend time researching something which, for the most part, doesn't exist. At least other subjects such as 'dark matter' and other scientific pursuits have some basis to being a possible theory, as I said based on already existing scientist facts, as opposed to alien visitation.

And sadly, video, pictures, and testimonies do not count as actual proof. Anyone can do the three above, both either truthfully or for deceptive purposes. If there were some actual proof of aliens, such as a body or piece of a UFO to study, it would once and for all be considered something worth pursuing scientifically.

He doesn't say aliens do not exist. He simply says there isn't any intelligent life visiting earth.

Actually I'm pretty sure that dark matter is less plausible, it really is simply a scientific theory that has been generated to fill the holes in our current explanations of the universe. Dark matter is merely an imagined substance that "must be there" since the math that explain the big bang theory doesn't add up. If someone would've said three hundred years ago that electricity based technology couldn't exist because we hadn't yet fathomed the science required to create any such thing, they would be quite wrong now wouldn't they. Your view is like that of a man looking out from a dark box with a single pin-hole poked in the front for light, "If it ain't there for me to see it, by golly it doesn't exist."

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Oh really? Is this another zomg 2012/end of the world cryptocrap? If it weren't for scientist and the way they think, we'd all be religious and under the control of a government/group focused around mythological beings rather than proper practices in democracy. Science changed the world by giving people something to believe in, something which is real.

They did this by being rational, logical, and by finding truth through fact and experimentation. And also by ignoring claims such as the Earth being flat and that there is a magical man in the sky who created everything...

And FYI, incase you couldn't tell by my avatar, I would love to fight aliens.

DEATH TO THE XENOS! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Man, having a shot at galactic domination sounds great. We could totally do it ;]

[edit on 22-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That paragraph irks me a little as being flippant and demeaning. Sure, I understand that there is very little proof and that's what it's really saying. I've been doing a ton of research on my own and i'm starting to find that there are tons of credible eye witness accounts and even more amazing are the death bed confessions I've been reading. I'm reading a new book on Roswell at the moment and plan on digging into Carl Sagan next and the list goes on and on.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfeyScience changed the world by giving people something to believe in, something which is real.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" Albert Einstein

Seems Quantum physics may prove him right

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Both the Mexican and Russian governments are pretty open about some of their findings with the people. there are artificial objects that land in their areas, (and their might be in our areas Europe, Africa and US as well) frequently. Most of the time it is just satallite garbage, rocks and old space junk, but now and again, they get matter they cannot possibly explain the origin of, and again, very open with the people. Jimmy Carter, as we all know, had a documented account, and in relation to all the video and photograph images being fake. I beg to differ especially when forensic, video and audio scientists analyse this data, with the same scrutiny they use in everything else, and cannot explain what said object is, but they can safely determing that said object is both, not conventional (airplane, helicopter or balloon of any kind) and determine that the object is clearly there. It wasnt added in via photoshop or any of that.

Do note, I myself can completely understand why a 'cover-up' would be used, and I understand completely why NASA denies these things when they have more evidence that anyone else that there is something out there. We are simply as a speceis, not ready to have this knowledge. Most of us almost know there is something intelligent out there while others say "It aint neether" becasue it hasnt landed in their back yards.
I firmly believe when we are ready, we will know. You figure there is strong evidence, not hypothesis, that we aren't even originally of this earth, why would we deny the possibility that something else is infact, out there? One simple answer. We aren't ready yet. We still kill over skin colour, religion, and petroleum. Anything that observes us for long enough would realise we are still a very tribal people. Whether or not we can play with the atom... we are still but tribesmen trying to find our proverbial rainbow.

But all in all, I do have to agree with the author. just because the person is working for NASA does not mean they have knowledge of video, or audio dynamics. they know a tiny fraction of space and thats it. most of them cannot even cope in normal relationships. They are book savvy, but are lacking heavily in interpersonal communication. This being true, isnt it safe to say, they do not know everything?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Eh, I can see what you mean. My mom is Mexican and she says she saw UFO fleets in Mexico city...She gets all uppity when I try to be rational with her about it but, well, that is what she says. I guess it makes sense, if there are aliens visiting earth, that they do not want to fully come forward with themselves due to our current state.

These UFOs are really annoying. Just floating around and being a mystery. Hope I get to see the end of it one way or another :\

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
That paragraph irks me a little as being flippant and demeaning. Sure, I understand that there is very little proof and that's what it's really saying. I've been doing a ton of research on my own and i'm starting to find that there are tons of credible eye witness accounts and even more amazing are the death bed confessions I've been reading. I'm reading a new book on Roswell at the moment and plan on digging into Carl Sagan next and the list goes on and on.

But again mate. you need to realise, these scientists at NASA do not have people skills. they irritate very easily when they have to answer questions they see as base, and intellectually demeaning. Here we are demanding answers when we have no knowledge of anything beyond our atmosphere, and they, as intelligent as they are, have a minute fraction of an understanding of space. Percapita, so to speak, a garbage man has more complete knowledge of his job, its functions, and his place in said industry, than a NASA scientist does their own. They are doing, for all intents and purposes, guess work. Yes, we've harnessed the power of the ion engine, but still we do not know its true potential. It took Intel 40 years to master the silicon chip. Even THEY in the end, realise they can only do so much with it. we have accomplished a great many things with it, but its to the point where, we utilise 4 of these chips in a computer to make it go faster. The next 40 year step from this is Graphene. We have JUST scratched the surface of this lovely carbon based material. In short, WE as an educated people are just learning the art if mineral manipulation in a safe and productive state. The point is, these people dedicate their lives to understanding these feats of nature, and die knowing they still know so little. Its not difficult to surmise why, they are so impatient with the average jane and joe. They all want to make THE discovery. They all want to die knowing they have contributed SOMETHING after years of bad marriage, divorce, and mental torture. They dont have time to explain sh*& to us we could barely understand anyway. Perhaps NASA has infact found something and are working with this something, and honestly do not have the time to explain what it is because they do not fully understand it themselves, and do not want to take the time to explain what little they know when they could be using this time productively to study and research said artifact, they have to stop what they are doing to answer a seemingly irrelevant question. As a tree and bug geek, I would rather be in the forrest learning the mass of knowledge we DONT know about the forest, the trees, their relation to one another, and how the insects play an important roll to them than go out with the girlfriend to a bloody opera, or answer some blokes question about why his leaves turn colours when he forgets to put potasium on his bloody clay ridden soil. I would rather tell him "Because God decided it is time for this tree to die" and move back on to my studies, than answer Why its important, how the soil works, why it works, and what microbes IN the soil do for the tree, in a laymens understanding. it is VERY frustrating especially when they are the SAME questions from 90 different people. GAH!

All in all I believe, like you, that there is definitely something out there. but I do not believe we as a global community are nearing ready to have this knowledge.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It may not be actual hard conclusive proof, but it IS evidence. So for him to say that there is no evidence at all, IS a lie and rather unscientific. INfact, out of all "paranormal" things, the ufo subject has the most evidence out of the lot. There's loads of it, and yes, it is evidence. And yes, eye witness accounts are evidence, especially when you're speaking to military pilots ect. They are credible witnesses, and they have evidence in what they saw. Not proof, but it IS evidence by definition.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

I honestly believe this will happen. I believe WE the people of earth are growing very tired as a whole of how things are working for the benefit of a seemingly elitist government. I think on the whole we are tired of being hearded like bovine from one fad to the next. I think even genetically we all feel something is rotten in the state of denmark. (expression taken from Hamlet, W.Shakespear) I believe we have one final revolt we are slowly working toward. I believe it will start in a third world country, and grow rapidly starting in either England or the US, and go from there. I think once the point is made that we are not animals, and start living according to our station, and develope an even better form of security, and government, live peaceably regardless of colour, and beyond the confines of religion. I think THEN we will begin to see what "they" want. The scary part mate.. is I dont think this is too far off from tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

nicely put, but in an argument like this, and a response as you have given, you forgot some important factors.
A) the scientific scruteny, of which these videos go through.
B) the physical evidence left on soil, plant life, animal, and in some rare
abduction cases, humans.
C) the aftermath of sightings, (animal mutilations, abduction cases rising,
effects of weather, and so on.)
D) and always in arguments like these one does have to give credit to the
skeptics. Like it or not mate, we do need skeptics to remind us that not
everything that glitters is a UFO

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Nasa has shown the world the fact that they DID land on teh moon by showing us blurry out of focus images of the lunar landing craft on the surface, so therefore they are tellingus the truth that there is no intelligent life visiting us.
Of course for intelligent life to be visiting this world there'd have to be intelligence here as well, so Nasa shoots themselves in the foot IMO.

All the testimonies from credible witnesses, videos ( non faked and unexplained ) , documented accounts of contact from hundreds of thousand of people including politicians , military personnel, ordinary citizens are all faked and in this guys opinion just a cry for attention , obviously Munchausens syndrome is far more prevalent than any swine pandemic, maybe they need to find a cure for that before cancer then?

There have been countless sightings from all over the world, this statement to the world should be ignored by the rest of us and treated with the contempt it deserves, pay it no heed and keep looking to the skies people, theres bound to be more intelligent lifeforms visiting this world than is currently occupying this world already.

All it is , is smoke blown up our backsides to discredit and ridicule those that see the truth, just a cover up to hide the fact that Nasa doesn't have a clue as to what is out there. And if they were TRULY a scientific organisation dedicated to finding out all they can about space and the universefor the world to learn from they shouldn't let someone speak a personal opinion and class it as what Nasa's stance is, And they REALLY SHOULDN'T hide any finding made whilst theyre up there.

NASA GET A BETTER SPOKESPERSON IN THE FUTURE OR ELSE YOU'LL BE THE ONES WHO END UP BEING RIDICULED.

(Which is happening already IMO)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceSilence
What i don't understand is why people always say that ''UFO's visited Earth". Why is that no one wants to accept that maybe they are man made spacecrafts...

Well, one of the major reasons is that UFO's have been recorded throughout human history. We have been seeing these things, and interacting with the occupants for tens of thousands of years. There are numerous reports and written examples throughout time available to support this hypothesis.

I suppose an argument could be made that these ARE and have ALWAYS been human or 'man made' craft, except they are from the future (OR a distant and now lost technilogical past) or an alternate dimension to ours.

All things being equal though, the simpler explaination would be the visitations are from one of the billions of systems in our galaxy (or another galaxy altogether)

...If they are more advanced (aliens), then it's no way that humans can use or understand their technology.

Really? Why not? Humans are very intelligent beings, generally speaking.
We are normally very quick on the uptake, and can innovate at the drop of a hat, if there impetus is there. Baby steps inevitably lead to massive leaps given suitable commitment and determination on our part.
'If there's a will, there's a way'...

Also, think if the aliens are so advanced, why would they come IN our atmosphere to spy on us, when we have satellites OUT-SIDE our atmosphere that can spy on us LIVE!

That's true, and remote viewing systems are probably used extensively by the ET's. However, entering our atmosphere and in some cases landing is required if one intended to collect flora and fauna samplings, test the soil and gases present, and so on, which cannot be done remotely (AFAWK). So it's a case of having to come in.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Dr. Michio Kaku, about the smartest man Ive ever seen, has a great open mind. I would rather trust his opinion than some corrupt NASA astrobiologist. Heres his thoughs on Aliens.

The reason that they will not do this is because if you are dealing with beings that are tens of thousands of years ahead of us, even millions, they would not be interested in us. Are you interested in an ant while you walk down the street?

Dr. Michio Kaku (born in the United States) is a Japanese American theoretical physicist, tenured professor, and co-founder of string field theory, a branch of super-string theory.

This answers the question that many debunkers have raised for years. For years they have asked why aliens don’t just announce their presence, or land in Times Square.

Link to full article- ufo.whipnet.org...

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join