It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Astrobiologists Debunk Aliens and UFOs In One Paragraph = Unscientific

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Never does the response include anything having to do with totally blowing off the existance of aliens. He simply replied saying there is no proof of actual ET involvement. It could be very well possible these UFOs captured in video and photos are just man-made x planes.

I'd be mighty impressed if there were any terrestrial man-made aircrafts that could pull off the maneuvers witnessed during the '56 Lakenheath / Bentwaters / Sculthorpe incident. By all means take the challenge and see if you can come up with a better explanation that what Klass, the Condon Committee, Hynek, myself, and many others have put forward.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Also, where ever does it say the job of our government, the United States government for instance, is to be absolutely truthful about everything? No where does it state that. The government exists to do just what the name implies: govern people.

It exists to rule your life and hold order. Without it, you wouldn't have a police force, firefighters, hospitals, or the means to make something out of yourself. The government exists to serve itself and control you, that's it's job.

Telling secrets is NOT part of it's job. So I don't know where you or anyone else are entitled to know everything there is to know.

The government fears you, it's people, far more than you fear it. It feels it is the right one to know what is real and what isn't, because if it controls the situation then it can ensure no harm comes to it. Just think what could happen if -everybody- knew the truth of aliens (if there is any). Religious upheaval. Countless people blaming government leaders for decades of lying. Perhaps even jealous countries going to war with eachother to gain such artifacts by force.

I feel safe and trust my government more than I do individual people. At least I can count on my government to help me when I want help, because it is part of it's job to provide. If my house is on fire, I can call the fire department. If someone is breaking into my car, I can call the police. If I need money to go to school, I can ask the government for financial assistance, to make something out of myself.

It's more helpful than most people I've met :\

[edit on 21-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

How do you even know there is evidence to begin with? Did you function at a crashed UFO? Or perhaps, you have a friend who works for NASA who told you the tapes were confiscated? Exactly how do you know there is any evidence to begin with? If anything, I believe you are under the assumption they are hiding something when in reality there isn't anything to hide.

How do you know NASA is hiding things?

It's an indisputable fact the govt considers the subject of UFOs classified and has fought in court tooth and nail to keep its UFO files classified (CIA and NSA)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

THen if so our military and government is hiding it from us, and lying to us...

Why should we then trust them about other things?

How do we then know what is truth and what is false?

Blame the people who go and vote the politicians that give them dreams that they'll live better.
Blame the politicians who think they are superior to me, to you, to every normal human working man (& women).
Blame the world for not being unite and for not standing up for what they want.

They trust that you trust them.All they say is presented as truth by the media/journalists and others.The media trusts all of what they say relating to the UFO's stuff.
What is truth and what is false?
To find out, wait and ''listen to your heart''

Originally posted by atsbeliever
wow, so all the people that witnessed a HUGE FLYING TRIANGLE over phoenix where just dazzled by the full moon?

F/U dude..

And you, who the F' are you swearing at?!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

The title of this thread is misleading. The FAQ does not seek to debunk aliens but alien visitation. It would make little sense for an astrobiologist to debunk the very thing he is looking for.

The author of this thread also misses the point; a FAQ is not supposed to be an in-depth scientific treatsie on a particular subject, but a quick, general answer to a frequently asked question.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloneninja
from the article, one thing that stuck out to me:
"The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes"
mostly fake
so they are not all fake..?

That my friend is NASA double talk. What it says is the internet available photos are MOSTLY fake but not all

They also say this... Priceless

UFO No Longer Unidentified

UFOs aren't necessarily alien spacecraft. And some purported UFOs aren't UFOs at all. Take the example from Apollo 16.

www.nasa.gov...

Now we all know NASA never lies, so when they say MOST are fakes and not all UFO's are NECESSARILY Alien spacecraft..

that means SOME ARE

[edit on 21-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Do you not realize that actual evidence is confiscated, such as many of the astronaut videotapes? So obviously it's easy to say there is no hard evidence, when in fact they are confiscated and quieted down.

This is what we call special pleading. You also employ circular logic.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

How do you even know there is evidence to begin with? Did you function at a crashed UFO? Or perhaps, you have a friend who works for NASA who told you the tapes were confiscated? Exactly how do you know there is any evidence to begin with? If anything, I believe you are under the assumption they are hiding something when in reality there isn't anything to hide.

Personally, yes I have seen evidence. Let me tell you of a time back when I was in high school, and my History teacher's father worked for the CIA in the past but was currently retired. My teacher told us that her father said the Roswell crash was indeed an alien spacecraft (also added that the CIA shot JFK) and my teacher even went so far as to prove her father worked for the CIA, including a photo of one of the documents affiliated with Roswell. Now obviously, I don't have those documents so I cannot circulate them, as my teacher did not allow us to take pictures of the picture she had of the documents.
And believe me, my teacher most definitely was not lying. I'd have believed her just based on her word, but also the photographic proof did it for me.

[edit on 7/21/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Why is God so accepted then? No scientific proof right?

That is hypocritical ..

It is allowed by whoever to be this way...sucks right.

This is a red-herring argument and an idiotic one at that. The existence or non-existence of God has no bearing on this debate.

Second, there is nothing in that FAQ promoting the existence of a God over that of aliens.

Third, not everyone believes in God. Among those scientist who do, they will tell you it is a matter of personal belief and not scientific opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Well said Rex. Science should evaluate evidence and if the evidence is validated, then at that point a hypothesis or three is warranted. Hopefully based on the hypothesis then tests can be created to measure the validity of the claim.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I believe the CIA did kill JFK with the hit being called out by the mafia. The reason why I say this is because the mob did help get the Kennedy's into office, and having the president suddenly turn on them was an act worthy enough to have repercussions. It's not exactly unknown that one of the agents of the their political assassination unit was also a mobster with connections.

As for what you say is proof, well, I can't really say anything about that. It's understandable about being unable to take photos of a photo, but it's nice of her to tell you what she knew. I just wish there was more follow-up information on it

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I'm reading that right now and all I have to say is, wow. I would be #ting bricks if I was in that room. That is really, really, really #ed up.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

She did tell us that her father had some kind of "secret box", its contents regarding some of those events like Roswell, that she told us she would release to the public when her father dies. But hopefully it doesn't have to come to that in the end, because that could be a decade from now, and I'm hoping for disclosure sometime in the near future anyway.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Because they have shown me their restricted computer... even gave me password access to a file on Martian methane emission

Here is ONE place they hide things from the average joe public

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Who is "they"? Do you actually have access to those files right now, and if so, why don't you release them to us?

[edit on 7/22/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Xtraeme

I'm reading that right now and all I have to say is, wow. I would be #ting bricks if I was in that room. That is really, really, really #ed up.

If I were to count up the number of R-V cases that I'm aware of you'd s**t a brick. This is not a one-off incident.

This subject needs to be studied. This is not a joke; this is not entertainment; this is real and it's largely being ignored.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
It's an indisputable fact the govt considers the subject of UFOs classified and has fought in court tooth and nail to keep its UFO files classified (CIA and NSA)

Well I will dispute that... It is always wise to check your facts before shooting from the hip

Disclosure NSA Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ah, I just stumbled on something here. Goddard Space Flight Center
? With big ol' bolded:
"This US Government computer is for authorized users only. By accessing this system you are consenting to complete monitoring with no expectation of privacy. Unauthorized access or use may subject you to disciplinary action and criminal prosecution."

And it's asking for is my first, last name, and some thing else. Could I call them first before messing around with it? It's probably nothing special anyways.

Neat though.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Do you actually have access to those files right now, and if so, why don't you release them to us?

Nope had access to ONE file that I requested... that is a neat server can password protect each file

Why would I release them to you? Who are you? What is your need to know about methane emissions on Mars and what good would that data do you?

I have released lots of stuff here on ATS Have you read them? Like the Looking Glass from LANL? No? Why not? And if not why should I waste my time?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

And it's asking for is my first, last name, and some thing else. Could I call them first before messing around with it?

A lot of government sites I link to require your permission to be scanned and your activity tracked. Most here run like chickens.

You can mess around there all you like

And if your interested in the doorway from this internet to SiPRNET (Secret Internet Protocol Router Network) you can knock on the door but you will need a DoD pass and be on a .mil site

But I am sure they won't mind you having a quick look at the front door

Sorry you have to type the url
otherwise it will ping everyone who views the page

nic dot mil

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join