It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Palin implicated in ethics probe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sure, both sides have them, I just identified the one they're using on her.

And to be honest, she couldn't be any worse than a community organizer from Chicago. Or Kenya

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ok i've read the article and the basis of this is that because she set up a legal defense fund that it's wrong because she is a public figure.

Lots of people set up legal defense funds.

Also what is different between her setting up a legal fund and Obama still asking for money to help him push his Health care aggenda? The fact that he is president, asking for money for a personal aggenda is no different.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Plaintiffs in a federal lawsuit against Gov. Sarah Palin asked a judge Friday to declare that she broke state law two years ago when she failed to issue a proclamation for a celebration commemorating the freeing of U.S. slaves.

//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090717/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_juneteenth_2

So the same lady who filed this one is also Sueing her in federal court for not celebrating the June 19th 1896 aniversary of the end of Slavery in the US.

I'd add that the accusser Kim Chatman is listed on several of these accusations. It seems that you need an Alaskan resident to be a plaintiff. When a DC musician or a chicago organizer needs to slander someone they get Kim to be the key to file in Alaska. She also worked as a democrat at a polling station.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
To use an example from another thread, what does it matter if she has ethical problems? She's awesome. She's the messiah.
She has hope and change, she can cure the sick, walk on water, stop earth shattering asteroids with her lazer vision, she can apologize to Saudi princes, she can close then reopen Gitmo, she's. . . she's . . .

Bar-sarack O'palinma

My -sigh- hero!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

...she couldn't be any worse than a community organizer from Chicago.

OPRAH?!?

Well, we already had a dry-drunk frat boy draft-dodger with no management skills whatsoever. What else could go wrong???

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I hope I never have to hear this painfully stupid woman speak again, it embarrassing for our nation.

Funny, I could say the very same thing about Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, etc.

All of those idiots are proven embarassments to our country.

Given Obama time and he will be on the list as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

So she has a few skeletons in her closet. Show me a politician who doesn't. Show me ONE politician that doesn't have a secret to hide.

And she couldn't possibly do a worse job of screwing this country all to hell the way Obama has done.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

2 Words: Air Ball
Sarah is in great shape.
Have you seen the latest poll?
Sarah is almost ready to WIN the next presidential election!
People love her. Of course, the libs are filled with
unconditional hatred for Sarah. Too bad.
Sarah will be busy helping other republicans win back the Senate
and the House in 2010. Obama is falling on his face.
Sarah Palin is one of the greatest Americans we have.
The Libs are crashing and burning as we speak.
Cap and Con / Obama Care will be watered down to nothing.
Thank God!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Funniest damn line I've read all day!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i love how when theres a scandal in the republican/conservative sector its either blamed on the liberals/democrats or its the result of the liberals/democrats pulling out all the stops to discredit the noble conservative/republicans.

its a joke.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I'm going to have to direct you to Exile1981 post above.

Her name is Kim Chapman, an Obama pollster/supporter who is behind many of these "charges".

Truth, my friend, the truth will set you free.. . . until the government takes that too. . .

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

To be fair, that works both ways.

When someone makes a political ideology a part of their identity, they tend to become blind to all the wrongdoings of those that share that ideology, and find a way to rationalize them away.

Which is why I try to avoid it altogether and look at things on an issue-by-issue basis.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Or perhaps Gov. Palin saw the handwriting on the wall and saw the ethics probe coming because she realized what she had done.

And bailed on the citizens of Alaska that elected her and "cut and run"

I don't think her problems are politically motivated. She ceased to be a threat when she resigned. Quiters never win.

Quitting while you are ahead, or doing so with greater ambitions in mind, is not the same as Quitting.

Of course her problems are politically motivated, and if you think otherwise, you yourself are either deeply partisan, naive, or you simply don't understand the situation.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Quitting while you are ahead, or doing so with greater ambitions in mind, is not the same as Quitting.

What an utterly absurd statement.

A winner never quits and a quitter never wins, but you claim she quit while she was ahead?

Is that like an Olympic athlete who aborts the 50 Meter race because he really has his sights on the 100 Meter? Oh, I get it...not.

Do they sell logic at Flea Markets now?

Palin fell out of the loser tree and hit every branch on the way down.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This msnbc hit piece reveals that the liberals will stop at nothing to retaliate against their opponents. We need someone who not apologetic and willing to take them on. Another Ronald Reagan or Teddy Roosevelt.

Apparently the new strategy is to file frivolous ethic complaints until you either bankrupt your opponent or make one stick, whether it is valid or not.

Do you realize that this guarantees that someone who is not wealthy can not survive in political office, unless they tow the party line?

That's not the republic the founders envisioned.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

I'm watchign this story very closely as I like Ms Palin a lot and I loved her ideas on how to better fund schools ot deal with special needs children (as I have one) and this is just interesting, her popularity soars and now she's being called unethical and a "probe" found she may have broken some laws.

Politically motivated?????

This is just breaking so there will be more I'm sure.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well this is obviously the reason she is "stepping down" or whatever she calls it.....

She wanted to get out before this got out while she was in office....

They all probably on some level do this, she just got caught.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
This msnbc hit piece reveals that the liberals will stop at nothing to retaliate against their opponents. We need someone who not apologetic and willing to take them on. Another Ronald Reagan or Teddy Roosevelt.

I found this rather funny as Teddy Roosevelt was one of our nations more liberal presidents.

You have to understand, in the past the Republican party was considerably more liberal and progressive than the Democratic party.

Roosevelt was a naturalist, a conservationist, supported regulation of corporations, supported unions and was overall one of our nation's most progressive heads of state.

Many today would call him a RINO, but he was one of the last true Republicans before the party was hijacked by conservatism and abandoned the progressive age which had made the party great.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
God damn... I love watching conservatives fall apart. I just spent fifteen minutes on a conservative message board laughing my balls off as they took turns ripping each other apart over Palin. The ones with half a brain realize she's a mindless idiot, the indoctrinated ones are screaming biblical passages and deriding the intelligent ones for being evil. It's absolutely hilarious to me that every problem with the world no matter how disconnected or illogical is Obama's fault. These people have become so crazed that they can't even go a paragraph without screaming about Obama,or dems, or the "liberal conspiracy". After having to sit through these mother#ers for 8 years of Bush, it's awesome to see their ideology dying never to come back. Your ideology is American Nazism, and I won't be sad to see you go.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

It's a huge digression, but Teddy was probably the best president we've had since George Washington and he is my model of a true conservative. What was not 'progressive' about him was his America first foreign policy. Even with this he was quite a statesman, negotiating the peace of the Japan-Russian war of 1905 as an example.

I personally do not find the issues of trust busting, or sensible environmental preservation reserved to the so called 'progressives'. Plenty of paleo conservatives espouse these views.

If you want to go down that path, I view neo-con.s as classic tax and spend liberals. In fact most of the neo-con brain trust came out of the LBJ administration. They are basically liberals with the added doctrine of foreign military intervention to advance US interests. Let's take the worst of all the political parties and meld them into a new one, in other words.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

So you say, but a day is coming when no living American will dare to vote liberal or so called progressive. Unfortunately prior to that occurrence the liberals will have to destroy the country and experience their reward, the great nuclear cleansing.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

So you say, but a day is coming when no living American will dare to vote liberal or so called progressive. Unfortunately prior to that occurrence the liberals will have to destroy the country and experience their reward, the great nuclear cleansing.

Yeah I'm sure that a nuclear holocaust instigated by "DA LIBERALZZZZ" will destroy the country and after the nuclear holocaust people will not vote for "DA LIBERALZZZZ" again. Yup sounds completely reasonable and logical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join