It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have been observing this strange star for more then 2 weeks now. I am not sure what it is but it seems like it is coming closer to us. Why? Well I think one of the reason is because I have made an time observation.

I have been recording time when the star is becoming visible and disappears early in the morning Now one important thing that i noticed is that it showed earlier for one hour then usual. (it showed up 12:00 AM two weeks ago, now it shows up and is visible at 11:00 PM)

Does this mean it's coming closer?? By the way it also change the color from white to reddish/white. ...Nibiru?

I see it in the South East - ESE side. I am going to take photos to show it and maybe even record a short video.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by 2Unknown]

[edit on 20-7-2009 by 2Unknown]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Download this program called stellarium

www.stellarium.org...

Put in your location and try and find the star first to make sure what you're seeing is actually normal

It won't be Nibiru, the Nibiru faithfuls excuse for us not spotting Nibiru is because it is apparantly obscured by the light from the Sun

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

I'm in texas, and i'm not a believer in nibiru, but I have notice a star that shines in the daytime just as bright as the brightest one at nighttime.

I'm probably not to savvy, and it's just jupiter showboating.

But it has raised my eyebrows a bit.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Then It looks more like Altair, or Jupiter. One of them... May bye Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Since you said that it was changing colors, I would say that it could be "Maitreya's Star." That supposedly was spotted back in January and has been spotted ever since. And it's supposed to be moving too.

You should, if you can, relay the coordinates to an amateur astronomer and see if they can find the same thing and then plot it onto sky charts.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

or irratate phage till he comments.

Thats just what I would do, but coordinates and points may help him.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I'm in texas, and i'm not a believer in nibiru, but I have notice a star that shines in the daytime just as bright as the brightest one at nighttime.

I'm probably not to savvy, and it's just jupiter showboating.

But it has raised my eyebrows a bit.

Really? In the daytime? I'm in Central Texas and somewhat of an amateur astronomer and I'm quite sure there isn't anything that's natural and noticebly bright during the day. Jupiter however is really bright in the eastern sky just as the sun sets.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What country/area do you live in 2unknown? Jupiter is really bright in the South Eastern sky as the sun sets in the Texas area. If you're anywhere near, that's probly what it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

Im in central texas, and i've noticed well two different ones.

Around 6-8pm I can see something in the north not way up high but pretty down low, but not low enough to be a light flashing or anything of that sort.

And then at around 1030pm I notice another one that is extremely bright, and almost had me drive off the road, wondering if anyone else noticed it. It is in the south west. viewpoints from central texas, since we're apparently neighbors almost.

They are fairly high up.

I drive the road quite alot, and ats always has me looking up, so it's bizarre to see this thing up there.

Not a telephone power line thingy, it's definately a star.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hello Repulican08.
I'm in the DFW area, can you tell me where to look?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I had to look this up a couple weeks ago because it was freakin' my wife and I out...it was HUGE...but yeah, Jupiter. It does seem to change color...I could have even sworn that I could see more than one light...but yeah, Jupiter. It's absolutely stunning.

I DID get turned on to the World Wide Telescope program as a result though, so something good came from it.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
After sundown yu can see a Saturn near horizont on west, in the night brighest "star" is jupiter on south-south-east. Planets can have different colours.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hmm, I'm pretty sure you're getting your direction mixed up. The brightest object in the night sky around 10:15pm or so is Jupiter. It's in the SouthEastern sky, not SouthWest. (Viewpoint: Central Texas) There's nothing of significance located in the SouthWestern sky during this time.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by -NewSense-]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well I live in montreal. I have no astronomy knowledge nor can I figure out what axis and coordinate and latitude and longitude the star is in but I see it too and have noticed it more earlier then usual lately too, I used to see it arround 3 AM and now i see it arround 2AM too. i figured it was due to our path in the universe or something.

The star is twards the south of montreal I'd say maybe between 1 and 2 O'clock if I was looking at the hands of a clock.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

Dude, direction wise, I fail.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You know if you look up at Discotec's post you'll notice his efforts to enlighten you guys. Get Stellarium. It will save you alot of time in identifying what's in your sky.

Haha it's all good Republican. I tend to just remember where I-35 is and get my North and South that way lol.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by -NewSense-]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This entire fiasco reminds me of the people completely freaking out at the extraordinarily bright Venus this past January-February 2009. I found it quite hilarious, as people were swearing that it was anything from a UFO, to some new Planet on a collision course with Earth.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
This entire fiasco reminds me of the people completely freaking out at the extraordinarily bright Venus this past January-February 2009. I found it quite hilarious, as people were swearing that it was anything from a UFO, to some new Planet on a collision course with Earth.

Haha yea I remember that. Ever since then I thought aquiring the program Stellarium should be mandatory to every user upon registration.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I did notice that star your looking at. I look at the stars a lot, but that one in the middle of the night really stood out more than the North Star. I took out my laptop and tried identify, I couldn't find it.

read on some of the post that it could be jupiter.

top topics

join