It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Gorges Dam in China–Largest in World – Serious Problems? Affects the Whole Earth

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Astyanax

You do realize that you are on a conspiracy site that attracts all kinds of imaginative, speculative and paranoid thinking?

The subject of the eclipse was a small part of the information and questions posted by Qall. For you to make the eclipse or previous threads authored by Qall the total sum of the conversations here speaks volumes to the "mind firmly closed" statement you tout on your avatar.

I agree. The eclipse was a small part of the information, but it was extremely pertinent at the time, and it was an interesting way to draw attention to the dam!

Asty, as long as you look that good in a gun and a T-shirt, I don't care which position your mind is in!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Astyanax
For your future reference, Astyanax is male.

I was as surprised as you are right now......

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Would it matter if asty was not a woman?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
wooops...my bad!!!

It was a reply to GetReadyAlReady...

Mods > remove post

Peace

[edit on 23/7/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Would it matter if asty was not a woman?

It certainly does matter.....yikes!

But, if that is his girlfriend, maybe we can work something out?!

My wife is getting a boob upgrade on Sept 1.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't understand why the OP is getting attacked by several "skeptics".
Trying to warn about a situation where 360 million people could be affected is nothing sort of divine.

So here (as I posted in another thread) is..

The current Solar Eclipse astrologically:

www.astro.com...

Get ready for drama! A total eclipse of the Sun will occur in the sign of Cancer on July 21-22. Although this eclipse will only be visible in northern India, eastern Nepal, northern Bangladesh, Bhutan, the northern tip of Myanmar, central China and the Pacific Ocean, this is the longest total solar eclipse that will occur in the twenty-first century. This total eclipse will last for up to 6 minutes and 39 seconds; will not be surpassed in duration again until June 13, 2132!

A Solar eclipse occurs when the Moon is exactly between the Sun and the Earth, blocking the solar rays from reaching us. From ancient times to the modern-day world, solar eclipses have heralded spectacular events and drama! This eclipse occurs in the last degree of Cancer -- and brings all the Cancerian energies of home, family, nurturing, caring, maternal instincts, emotions and sensitivity into focus.

Eclipses always occur in pairs. While a lunar eclipse brings the past into the present to see what works, a solar eclipse brings the future to present and triggers new potentials. Since Cancer rules family, home and vocation these areas will take center stage during this eclipse.

What does the eclipse mean for you? Since this eclipse occurs in the sign of Cancer, its impact will feel different depending on which House Cancer is positioned in your birth chart. Where the eclipse falls in the chart is significant, as the energies expressed by its house placement will show the areas of life that are affected by the new beginning that is implied.

If your Sun sign or Ascendant is Cancer, almost every part of your life will be affected. If Cancer is in your First or Seventh House, you will focus on yourself, your marriage or your relationship. If it is situated in the Second or Eight House, your earnings or joint finances will be impacted. If it is the Third or Ninth House, travel or educational pursuits are highlighted. In the Fourth or Tenth House, home and career will be front and center. Eclipses in the Fifth or Eleventh House put the spotlight on self-expression, children, groups and organizations. Finally, eclipses in the Sixth or Twelfth House put the focus on health, work and service. Wisdom holds that events that are triggered by an eclipse usually take six months to unfold, so you can expect this process of change to continue. The opportunity to break old patterns will present themselves as you make changes.

Events usually may take around Six months to manifest.
Concerns Homes and families.
Cancer (eclipse sign) = A sign of the water.

I WOULD PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION AT WHERE FAMILIES AND HOMES MIGHT BE AFFECTED BY WATER, AT LEAST NEAR THE SUN ECLIPSEs PATH from November 2009 to March 2010. Winter period, lots of RAIN...maybe unexpected levels of rain in certain areas.

Who cares about what some self declared "skeptics" would say as long as astrological stuff most of times work regardless if you can apply logic to them or not. Possibly a couple of million Chinese arrived at the same conclusions already since astrology used to be something very respected in China. (I hope it still is)

[edit on 23-7-2009 by spacebot]

As I mentioned earlier is nothing short of divine in trying to avert the biggest man made catastrophe since the dawn of the human civilization.
360 million souls could be in danger.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

May i suggest a small yet significant addition to your quote???

As I mentioned earlier is nothing short of divine in trying to avert the biggest man made catastrophe since the dawn of the human civilization.

It is nothing short of divine in trying to avert the biggest man made catastrophe since the dawn of the human civilization when you know this will happen for a fact.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sk...................

Whatever, i'm out of here.

Peace

Ps: Good Thread QA

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This link gives a very good picture of what was observed in the 1950ties as a scientist observed a pendulum swing effected by the solar eclipse.

www.newscientist.com...

The pendulum swing literally reversed direction during the eclipse, normally swinging clockwise due to the rotation of the Earth, it moved counter clockwise during the eclipse.

Apparently the combined gravitational force of the sun and the moon was able to over come the Earths influence on the pendulum enough to change the direction of the pendulum swing.

I don't know how much this effects the planet, but yesterday was one strange day for me.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Another landslide associated with this dam happened today it seems.

China media say 4 dead, 50 missing in landslide

The dead were employees of an engineering company who were working on a hydropower project in Sichuan's Kangding county where the landslide occurred, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.

The 50 still missing were mainly migrant workers, their family members and other staff who had been repairing a section of national highway, Xinhua said, citing Xiang Luo, the head of the Communist Party in Kangding.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Like gusts of wind along an eclipse path.
This affects further local conditions (only temporarily) making the phenomena even more eery.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
To anyone discrediting this thread take a look at this video.
It only depicts what many around here tend to think as the minor disadvantage of the dam...

Do you really wish to see videos on the larger scale consequences to get gasp of what questioningall has brought forwaed for you?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Did you bother to read the article at all or just copied and pasted ?

BEIJING -- A landslide triggered by heavy rain hit a county in southwestern China's Sichuan province early Thursday, killing at least four people and leaving 50 others missing, state media said.

Triggered by heavy rain nothing to do with the dam

Sichuan province is 600km away from the dam.

Next time I suggest you research a little before making up lies that are easily caught out

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I saw the 1991 eclipse. It was very cloudy and we were on a boat, chasing a spot on the water where the sun was shining through the clouds. Up until about 3 minutes to totality we didn't know if we were going to get to see it but we got to the spot in time. We didn't experience any weather oddities in particular but the whole thing had a very unreal feel to it.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
Yes - do you?

The OP posted a number of speculations AND actual facts about what could happen with this dam. Questiongall posted various theories and truths about what was going on with this site. NOWHERE , did Questioningall state that this was the "REAL TRUTH" and this exact event was definitely going to happen on such and such date. Furthermore, as far as I read, there were no ridiculous theories about Bigfoot attacking the dam or the Illuminati using it to further their ends. Everything posted by the OP was entirely within the realms of speculation. That's what ATS is about; not final answers - if you haven't figured it out yet.

If you are at this site looking for the 'Ultimate Truth' or some such nonsense then good luck in finding it. ATS is here to enlighten and , maybe, find some real truths. Questiongall contributed to that effort. I know, from my own experience, that I learned something about an issue that I had never been aware of before. That's all I need and I thank questiongall for that. If you need more than that then perhaps you should keep searching...

Let say the dam had broke during the eclipse. Would QA or other people have said that QA predicted it? I would think so, and why? Because of this thread is basically making that claim.

If the thread had been just about the environmental effects and weaknesses of the dam, then I would have never posted in this thread in the first place for multiple reasons. First off, it probably wouldn't have made it to the ATS homepage if not for the sensationalized content. Second, if it did I wouldn't have anything to complain about. It's only the whole eclipse causing the dam to break that I drew issue with.

You can keep on making excuses for it. I don't much care, but that is all they are, excuses. I have nothing against QA, and if they never post another wild speculative claim, then I'll probably never say anything ill about their posts.

Take the same thread, remove the stuff about the eclipse and how the water in the dam is going to be pulled on during the eclipse, and then you get no ill response from me. Simple.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
My wife is getting a boob upgrade on Sept 1.

No reflection on your wife, but most women would require a brain upgrade to compete with the lady in my avatar.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

If I offended in any way it was an accident-I had no intent to make you a "foe" at all. I've explained on the other sites where I post about swine flu (as I'm a biochemist) that I have had neurosurgery, loose feeling in my hands when I type, and often transcribe words or actions.

I'm not sure what you meant by your post- if you would send me a personal note I'd be grateful-the very last thing I seek on this forum is people with whom I can't converse with respect. I don't even know how it happened- in reloading a page I may have hit a butto0n- but however- do write me and let's not make this personal-
It's a little tought o go from a PhD/infectous disease researcher to being disabled and on dilaudid to get through a day- be gentleman or woman and help me fix whatever I ostensibly did wrongly..
thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

When I am able I will post support for my argument, which you graciously pointed out.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Your personal attack of me is something I can't believe I'm deigning to reply to- but for you and others who doubt the possible relativistic aspects of eclipses, here's a start. Tomorrow or the next day, when I can sit at a computer for more than 10 minutes I'll be sure to add more links.

In the interim, I'd appreciate a cessation of your patronizing tone. If I wanted this kind of dialogue I'd go onto Facebook or MySpace or some other site filled with people who have no manners.

I don't recall having been rude to anyone, other than questioning their personal attacks on the OP, not the information.

And the fact that you signed your post, "Peace" seems a bit hypocritical after your incendiary remarks.

I've been on this forum since May, and I've asked myself why nearly everyday- the answer is, that through my research I might be able to help people stay well in a pandemic. Now I'm beginning to wonder if indeed, no good deed goes unpunished....

I'll say "Peace" to you- only I actually mean it.

And BTW: here's an article about proving relativistic shifts in time during eclipses. More to come.
www.earthmagazine.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

An article on relativistic time changes during solar eclipses.

More to come after I search some physics white papers:

www.earthmagazine.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

QA-

Here's an article on relativistic time changes on Earth during a solar eclipse:

The "gentlemen" who have so politely asked me for data are, I hope, temporarily appeased.

www.earthmagazine.org...

For myself, I wish you health and goodness, and will spend a few days wondering whether or not I can tolerate the sophomoric, incendiary and personal attacks here. It's certainly not why I joined ATS. I'm not sure how you do it, to be honest, and I have a pretty thick skin. Maybe some people just have nothing better to do than rip someone else to pieces- and if those people are here, I might choose a different place in which to express myself.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join