It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light travelling east over uk now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi everyone

I just filmed a silent light - lower than a satellite pass almost over the house @ 10.15pm.

v.light orange/yellow in appearance. deadly quiet. like all I've seen now, slight wavering in it's movement. Could not be a conventional powered aircraft in my opinion. Appeared low enough - at aircraft even helicopter height. A plane was not far behind and almost following it, wonder if Airtraffic control record all this!

it's approx path is from roughly over here maps.google.co.uk...,-2.757912&sspn=0.094666,0.21801&ie=UTF8&geocode=FXGGEwMdKMPV_w&spli t=0

toward maps.google.co.uk...,-2.647362&sspn=0.094686,0.21801&ie=UTF8&geocode=FY5TEwMdOxbY_w&spli t=0

ran for vid camera (old model) but the frigging batteries were both dead!

heads up everyone

[edit on 19-7-2009 by matsplat]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by matsplat

Your links are broken, here they are...
approaching from

towards

I'm about to engage in 15 minutes of sky watching, I'll keep me peeprs out.

[edit on 19/7/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
was in a rush, sorry if links are sh*t.

I would guesstimate it could be going past Swindon now 10.32pm, or at least between Bath and Swindon.

won't bother with Mufon anymore - what good does it do?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
maybe a better body to report it to would be a local rag, and if you got on to them now, they might even send someone out to have a look.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
it's passed by my friend, and local rag is more of the tedious kind I would say. Could be wrong and judgemental but small town attitude would be a good representation I would say.

I'm still trying to find a way to get a camera phone video uploaded somewher - for what good it does, with the naff quality - of something I filmed last month (I swear a fair bit in it), and now I have this, about a min of filming. Nothing spectactular - no orbs coming out, or manoueveurs, just the silent light.

with more knowledge, we can get an idea of whats going on above.
It could be something explainable - but I just don't know.

Just Knowing how to map something quickly would be handy knowledge.

ps. on the map links I put forward (which do work but don't pinpoint where I meant)
on the 'From' link - look for Dewstow golf club'
on the 'toward' link - I would say look at Aust as an approx direction.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by matsplat]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Have you seen this possibly related thread?

Red UFO NOW! 11:15pm

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

No, haven't seen it, just about to check now I've read your post

byeeeeeeee......

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
lightchild

worcester is far north of me so no comment on that.

but some guy in cardiff wrote he saw something coming my way - Cardiff almost due west of me - at 11.08. this would correlate really well.

might jump onto that thread and see what he has to say.

good observations on the seing the other thread byh the way!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Could have been the ISS due about that time, and to have been very bright.
spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Dunno
could have been due the regular time

check out what I wrote on www.abovetopsecret.com...

I jumped over there and replied to a guy in cardiff west of me - the time lag of about 7 mins would have worked out I guess.
What I diudn't notice in my rush to write is that shuzitzu saw the light 1 DAY earlier than me, which gives reason to there being a regularity I suppose.

I must say though : A lot of ATS'ers seem to be on High Alert at the moment.
Perhaps we can sense something about to unfold! Lets hope it doesn't get ugly if it does unfold eh!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Just checked the spaceweather site

could have been the ISS. was due over cardiff at about 10.07pm and so travelling due East-ish, 30 miles would take about 6-7mins?

Could well have been the ISS

Only directional indications on that website is that you should look West!

Not sure if that means to see it approach from the west. if so, then I guess it could have been the ISS

it's due over cardiff at about 10.32 tomorrow eve (mon 20th july) so if skies are clear I will have another look.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

That's right Mat, it comes in from the West or WestSouthWest and travels Easterly, I've just seen it again fleetingly as it passed over the Mournes,(I live in Newcastle,Co Down) it was a pass not forecast at Spaceweather, but i'm 40 miles SSE of Belfast, of which Belfast is the nearest area forecast that is on Spaceweather, so might not be seeable from there.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Hello to all,
Thanks for a great site by the way! Have joined in a bid to support what was seen here..

Letting the cat back in through my window at 10.13pm (yesterday now for UK),
I stuck my head upwards, as I do most nights. The light caught my eye as I struggled to get my binoculers focused on it
(annoying as I can easily aim and focus on the air traffic flying over where I am, the most easterly side of the UK ).

After a panicky focusing effort, I could see it had the intensity of a star, but progressed through the sky like a fast cargo plane?
I listened hard, I could hear the distinct sound of the wind turbine out front here, but the object seemed silent. There WAS the sound of another aircraft in another area of the sky , I could not see it though..

There was no cloud cover until you looked further over the sea.
At this point I realized that I may have time to plug in the cam, switch it on etc before the object was obcured (maybe?) by the clouds
It was still sitting in front of the tv, plugged in (to playback " band-jam").

I managed to pull out the s-video lead to the TV and stretched myself and the short mains cable carefully towards the window AND
It was gone!
No way could it have shot into the clouds so quickly..they were to far off!

Can i just clarify that this happened to me
between 1013pm -1015pm UK time.

1. Surely that was moving to fast to be ISS!
2. I have seen this same object with a friend as we stood drinking and smoking outside a local pub here, about 3 months ago.
That night was very clear, it flew from west to east and continued over the sea...
I have put reminder in my fone to Be Ready! next Sunday, fingers crossed

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by augmenteddog
Can i just clarify that this happened to me
between 1013pm -1015pm UK time.
Surely that was moving to fast to be ISS!

Absolutely. It travels at 17,500 mph, is that fast enough?
A complete high pass, west horizon to east horizon takes around six minutes.

The 'height' varies each pass due to the relative distance between you and the orbit, which changes as the Earth rotates. The ISS returns to about the same position every 90 minutes or so. The UK has been getting three or four visible passes a night in recent weeks. They are now declining due to rotation effects.

The time you quoted is exactly right for ISS over the UK. As someone already suggested, a quick check with the Heavens Above site will confirm any doubts. In fact I'm so sure it was the ISS, I'll predict you will see it again tonight (weather permitting) at 10.35pm or so. However, it will be lower and less bright.

It won't be visible Tuesday.

It will be in view on Wednesday 21 July at about 9.50pm at a similar height and brightnes to Monday's pass.

WG3

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Hello,

I wonder if that could be what my boyfriend and I saw last night. It was about quarter to 11 and I went outside to smoke a ciggie and he looked up and said "What is that?" It had what I thought was a reddish light and some clear lights as well, and it was low, moving fast and made no noise. As it passed over us we saw that it was a v shape. Don't know what it was, and neither of us have ever seen anything like that before. We didn't see a plane following it or anything though. We both agree that we don't know what it was, and it was weird that it made no sound. I wish we could have gotten a picture of it, but we were both just kind of dumbstruck looking at it to grab the camera.

We're in the Midlands by the way.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Hello to you

Sounds different to what I saw.
If it's any concellation though, I saw something like this - very much so.
I was outside house - might have been end of 2008, quite cool out.
It hadn't gone pitch black, but it was dusk and dark enough in the sky, virtually all light had dimmed.
Some stars were already showing, and this thing passed over very slowly for it's large size. Much bigger than a plane. triangular, and had a white light (relatively dim) at each rear corner (i.e.2 lights) and what looked like a pulsing, red rectangular brake light in the rear centre.
It was either very low and also big, or higher up than it first appeared and may have been huge. Silent, and like I said seemed to take forever to pass say 5-8 visible miles that would normally take much less time for other aircraft.
very odd feeling watching it.
Keep your eyes to the sky

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

there was a fair amount of cloud about tonight - mon night (aka 3rd night)
and so I didn't watch intently.
Didn't see 'it' but I taking a speculative on the subject and put it down to the ISS due to the time.

doesn't explain some 'its' I have seen before now though!

[edit on 20-7-2009 by matsplat]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by augmenteddog

Hi

If you are on east coast of UK this couldn't have been the same light I saw at virtually the same time.
I 've got it that I saw it at 10.14 to 10.15pm (GMT) sun 20th evening.
I'm at least 180 miles from you - most definitely more! I'm in South Wales!

What I saw appeared over the horizon (although I didn't see all the approach from the west, I caught a glimpse when it was maybe a mile west (i.e. above a spot on the ground a mile west of me)
It took at least a couple of minutes to pass over and it eventually passed out of sight behind a cloud and didn't re-emerge before a nearby rooftop swallowed it up. another 1-2mins and it would have maybe just left sight over the horizon.

If, had been higher (i.e.way,way up in atmosphere) I could understand how you would have seen the same thing. But it just did not look that high up.

Could you explain a bit how the object you saw passed over - did it take several minutes to leave sight?
How high roughly would you say it was?

I would say unlikely it was the same object!
Just when I was happy to put this down to being the ISS, now I'm not sure.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by matsplat
If you are on east coast of UK this couldn't have been the same light I saw at virtually the same time. I 've got it that I saw it at 10.14 to 10.15pm (GMT) sun 20th evening.
I'm at least 180 miles from you - most definitely more! I'm in South Wales!

Then you saw the same thing, the ISS passing over the UK. It doesn't matter very much where you're located, everyone sees it at the same time and at similar brightness. The only difference is the elevation. The further North you are, the lower the ISS is in the sky (elevation wise I mean). AS many people have suggested, go to the Heavens-Above website and you'll find all the ISS passes over your location. This is the only way to know whatever you see is or isn't the ISS. Why wonder when you can be sure?

WG3

top topics

join