It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief Invitation ... Allan Watts on Death and Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Not many words from me here, just an invitation to a simple realization ...

Free from fear ... no one, including your mind, can control you.

Cheers.

[edit on 17 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Incredible!

Allan Watts was an amazing dude. He was right on it. His voice makes me feel really relaxed and in ease. Even though he is speaking very interesting words I am more attracted to his tone then anything else.

The music in the video kinda made it hard to understand his last words though.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

The music in the video kinda made it hard to understand his last words though.

I know it's a shame.

However ...

and my favorite

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite Alan Watts quotes:

“Zen does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes.”

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
For those who may not be familiar with Alan Watts ...

Alan Wilson Watts (January 6, 1915 – November 16, 1973) was a British philosopher, writer, speaker, who held both a master's degree in theology and a doctorate of divinity. Famous for his research on comparative religion, he was best known as an interpreter and popularizer of Asian philosophies for a Western audience.

He wrote more than 25 books and numerous articles on subjects such as personal identity, the true nature of reality, higher consciousness, meaning of life, concepts and images of God and the non-material pursuit of happiness. In his books he relates his experience to scientific knowledge and to the teachings of Eastern and Western religion and philosophy. wiki

www.alanwatts.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
"What's all the trouble about?" Really great. He seems like such a laid back dude.

I would give up time every single weekend to listen to a person like that talk for an hour or two. Throw in some group singing and maybe a nice little chow session where everyone provides a main or a side? Yeah I could dig it. Ill bring the brownies.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

I would give up time every single weekend to listen to a person like that talk for an hour or two. Throw in some group singing and maybe a nice little chow session where everyone provides a main or a side? Yeah I could dig it. Ill bring the brownies.

Oh man, how cool would that be?

Thankfully he left us his voice and words to befriend.

And others have picked up where he left of ...

Same pointers, same liberation, but none of them as funny or free.

new topics

top topics

join