It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Dealership Gives Away AK-47 With Purchase of New Truck

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by Voxel

No, people just got lazy and started to call "Semi-Automatics" "Auto's" or "Automatics". The term "Automatic" refers to some one only pulling the triger once or pushing a button once.

An Automatic Firearm...
en.wikipedia.org...
"An automatic firearm is a firearm that fires, automatically extracts the used cartridge case from the barrel and ejects it, then loads a new case into the barrel; generally by harnessing the recoil of the cartridge's explosion."

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
A "Semi-Auto" requires a trigger pull each time a bullet is fired. Yes machine guns are "Automatic" but so is a M4 but yet it is not a machine gun.

A Machine Gun...
en.wikipedia.org...
"A machine gun is a fully automatic mounted or portable firearm, usually designed to fire rifle cartridges in quick succession from an ammunition belt or large-capacity magazine, typically at a rate of several hundred rounds per minute."
This definition fits an M4 perfectly so I wonder why you don't consider it a machine gun.

Both of these terms when they were invented refered to two different and revolutionary mechanisms. What we call automatics are all guns that are autoloaders and cock themselves in preparation for the next use. Most every modern weapon is an automatic.

The M4, is a very high capacity (back when the term machine gun was made a 30 round magazine was huge) machine gun that fires a round that has been used in all sorts of hunting rifles. The type (size) of bullet is what separates a full machine gun (M4) from a sub-machine gun (MP5) but both are obviously machine guns.

Jon

[edit on 7.17.2009 by Voxel]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

ty you for that- i have tried to explain it to so many people and since they don't know anything about guns they just get mad at me when i try to define it. if you don't know what you are talking about shut the fup and go find an argument you do know about

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Thank you very much, you got the scoop on the story like I did, Very clear he is not GIVING away weapons of any kind

He is giving vouchers and required background checks, so only qualified people will be able to get a weapon.

They will be regular weapons not AK-47 that was just the gimmick for the advertisement.

So, I wish I was living in that state because I am looking for a car and that sounds like a good deal.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Heck, I think it's a good sales gimmick.

Now, if they were giving a free AK-47 away with every Hybrid Sedan purchase, I'd be all over that!

(And before you start pointing out the irony in that statement...the NRA isn't just for the Right-wing Christian Conservatives anymore. Now, the Left-wing Humanist Liberals like Greenpeace are beginning to value the Second Amendment and Guns too...although their motto might be a bit different than the "God, Guns, Guts, and American Pickup Trucks"..."Whales, Guns, Chutzpah, and a Toyota Prius" perhaps?)

Even though I might not see eye to eye with you on the whole prius thing (long story off topic anyway)
gotta love the quote man. I don't care what side you are on as long as you have respect for the constitution.
Welome to the family.

[edit on 02/04/2009 by Cool Breeze]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
not just what you mean of a gimmick aspect, but if you want an ak-47 it has a pistol grip with detachable magazine and it uses the kalashinov action and machinery.
the are many models- each country has their own (65 i believe)some better than others so they are worth less and they don't all have interchangeable magazines

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
kudos to mark muller and his dealership. he has balls thats for sure. if i was in the area i would buy a truck from this guy, i already have 2 ak47's but another wouldnt hurt!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

Those purchasing a vehicle at Max Motors in Missouri will receive an AK-47 assault rifle with their purchase during the month of August.

This is the second consecutive year the dealership has given away vouchers for a firearm as part of a sales promotion.

The logo at Mark Muller's dealership is a nod to his feelings about guns - with an old west caricature pointing two pistols at those who pass by. He said it's a nod to what he calls "big city" ways.

Source Link: www.kctv5.com...
CNN Source w/video: www.cnn.com...

CNN anchor thinks the idea is “irresponsible” and having a weapon for self defense is not a “good argument.”

You wont find me at this dealership anytime soon not that I don't believe in the 2nd Amendment but I do find it odd giving a semi assult weapon with every car bought lol... I do love their moto though "God, Guns, Guts and American Pickup Trucks".

"Assault weapon" Iv gotta laugh at that.

An assault weapon is something capable of firing fully automatic, meaning you hold the trigger down and it fires until the magazine is empty. These are highly regulated and basically impossible for the average joe to legally own one, they cost about 20k and there are a lot of other hoops to jump through. No car company/dealer is going to be handing these out.

---

I think its a fine idea, get more people into guns. The more armed people the better. Despite what the media would have you believe very few gun owners are wannabe rambos who are going to walk outside and shoot their neighbor for having shrubs that hang over into their yard.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Raverous]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Suppose that yahoo gives a weapon to a convicted felon and that
guy commits a crime or shoots up a school yard. Psychos like trucks and guns too.
Wouldn't that be aiding and abetting?

I'll bet dollars to donuts the ATF is going to have a serious
talk with that fool.

Not to mention the IRS and the local cops.

He's not giving out the gun, he's giving out a voucher. You have to get the rifle at a gun shop. Have to pass the gov.inspection before you get the gun... looking for something to bitch at are we?

[edit on 19-7-2009 by daddyroo45]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i'm really lmfao because if he was giving them out i would imagine he has crates upon crates of them- sure the atf would take notice of that!!!!
also the definition of "assault" weapon by the gov't encompasses a broad range of guns-even shotguns which are LEGAL to hunt with- and many sporting rifles also

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

DUDE!!! NO WAY!!!?
Thats the coolest thing I've heard all day. I'm in dire need of both those things, I'm on my way to Missouri now!! Do you know if they give you any ammunition or spare clips for the AK?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raverous
An assault weapon is something capable of firing fully automatic, meaning you hold the trigger down and it fires until the magazine is empty. These are highly regulated and basically impossible for the average joe to legally own one,

I thought there was no technical definition for assault weapon - it was more a generic term that while many take the view as you have put it others can say that any 'military style' or 'black' weapon is also an assault weapon...

Personally if anyone assaulted me with even a plank of wood I think I could get away with calling that an assault weapon.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

now that is rational thinking!!!
anything you "assault" someone with can be considered an "assualt" weapon
if you are a black belt you could be considered one
my nail guns could be too etc etc
an assault weapon is an assualt weapon no matter what weapon you use- hell a pencil could be

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Do they throw in a free gun rack?

Cool......

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Quote:

"The AK-47 ups the ante on a promotion Muller did last year, giving away vouchers for the price of the Caltec pistol. Muller proudly shows off the same pistol he carries in his pocket."

I'm sure the guys at KEL-TEC must be happy with that one.

Journalists
do they ever do ANY research.

As for the story, I'm proud to live in a country that trusts its people enough to own such weapons.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The most amazing part of this thread IMHO was the ignorance of guns reflected by some posters. It's no wonder people are afraid of guns.

A fully automatic gun can be easily obtained for under $1000, and can be legally obtained by many.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by Rams59lb

Semi assault weapon? It's called a rifle, assault weapon is a term the media tends to use to make guns seem like they are only tools of the terrorists/criminals. Seems to be working, this is a big problem imo.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i own an ak 47(chinese civilian model made by polytech)
i have only ever killed 1 thing with it and that was a groundhog and it took me 1 shot- not 30 i have in the magazine- i didn't "spray" the ground to get it
i guess i assualted it tho because i used an "assault"rifle
OOPS should have used the 22 mag or 30/06 or whatever else i own-
my bad - but i got the same result with 1 shot

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

You wont find me at this dealership anytime soon not that I don't believe in the 2nd Amendment but I do find it odd giving a semi assult weapon with every car bought lol... I do love their moto though "God, Guns, Guts and American Pickup Trucks".

If the SHTF and criminals or tyrannical government officials come to your door what will you do to defend yourself? I mean throwing hopes and dreams at them just isn't going to work.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would buy a truck from this guy in a heart beat, "God guns guts and american pick up trucks" is a great slogan. I am proud that in this country we can get a rifle for free when buying a truck.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
A fully automatic gun can be easily obtained for under $1000, and can be legally obtained by many.

I have never seen a fully automatic weapon being sold for that cheap. What kind of gun are you talking about, and who's selling them at that price besides paranoid-looking guys with car trunks for store fronts?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join