It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Dealership Gives Away AK-47 With Purchase of New Truck

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Those purchasing a vehicle at Max Motors in Missouri will receive an AK-47 assault rifle with their purchase during the month of August.

This is the second consecutive year the dealership has given away vouchers for a firearm as part of a sales promotion.

The logo at Mark Muller's dealership is a nod to his feelings about guns - with an old west caricature pointing two pistols at those who pass by. He said it's a nod to what he calls "big city" ways.

Source Link: www.kctv5.com...
CNN Source w/video: www.cnn.com...

CNN anchor thinks the idea is “irresponsible” and having a weapon for self defense is not a “good argument.”

You wont find me at this dealership anytime soon not that I don't believe in the 2nd Amendment but I do find it odd giving a semi assult weapon with every car bought lol... I do love their moto though "God, Guns, Guts and American Pickup Trucks".

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Now that's what I'm talking about

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Heck, I think it's a good sales gimmick.

Now, if they were giving a free AK-47 away with every Hybrid Sedan purchase, I'd be all over that!

(And before you start pointing out the irony in that statement...the NRA isn't just for the Right-wing Christian Conservatives anymore. Now, the Left-wing Humanist Liberals like Greenpeace are beginning to value the Second Amendment and Guns too...although their motto might be a bit different than the "God, Guns, Guts, and American Pickup Trucks"..."Whales, Guns, Chutzpah, and a Toyota Prius" perhaps?)

Besides, you don't have to take your free AK-47 if you don't want it and are opposed to guns.

To be honest, that's how all things in life should be...especially laws..."you are entitled to this, unless you don't want it".

Well done Mark Muller Dealership! I salute you!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow!

I love it.

I need a truck. I know plenty of people who could use the self preservation an AK can provide.

I'm off this weekend too..

Hmm?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Brave

Makes me wish I was an American.
I couldn't even imagine this in Canada.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Now, that's a good gimmick.

Next year, "come on down to our dealership and get one of these with every purchase!":

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i love this idea! but i already have a truck and an ak

altho for people who want both go for it- not to memtion the fact that ak'sare expensive and going up in price it might be worth more than most cash back deals that dealerships offer

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Suppose that yahoo gives a weapon to a convicted felon and that
guy commits a crime or shoots up a school yard. Psychos like trucks and guns too.
Wouldn't that be aiding and abetting?

I'll bet dollars to donuts the ATF is going to have a serious
talk with that fool.

Not to mention the IRS and the local cops.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If I lived in Missouri and needed a truck, I'd buy from this guy! Great job!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just a good gimick - gets people talking, news coverage, No advertising is bad advertising (apart from the bad sort).

Man $450?? You should be able to talk that off any showroom price in any dealership around the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Someone please go to Missouri and get me a truck and an AK-47 much more emphasis on the gun. We need to start an ATS sport driving slash shooting club.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

From the article.

The actual promotion gives those who buy a vehicle a voucher redeemable at a gun shop for the $450 dollars it costs to get an AK-47. "That way it separates you from anything bad that could happen," Muller said. "We'll put it in the hands of professionals who do this every day."

You get a voucher, and take the voucher to a Gun Shop; still requiring you to go through all the necessary red tape of getting a firearm.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I watched the cnn video and I though that the truck dealer was very articulate and clear. I thought the cnn anchor woman looked like an idiot.

He pointed out that the promotion would give a person a voucher and that the voucher could be used at the local gun stores but all background checks would still be required.

He also went on to point out the advantages of being able to defend your home in a rural community, with meth problems, where the response time from the police department would be 15 minutes.

I think that the anchor didn't know what to do when the standard cliches didn't phase the car dealer.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

guy commits a crime or shoots up a school yard. Psychos like trucks and guns too.

talk with that fool.

Actually in order to "give away" a gun the person still would be required to have to fill out the proper paper work from the ATF. This is what clubs do, the NRA does when they have their giveaway. I am sure if this guy is doing this deal that he and his lawyers have already worked it all out.

Those that want to do harm will do harm regardless of the tool used.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

talk with that fool.

It is very clear that your didn't read the thread, I provided two links to the story. No convicts would be qualified for this offer so your comments are simply mute!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
First of all they are not giving away "AK-47's". That is a misnomer. It is like calling an AR-15 a M16. The difference is in the firing mechanism. an AK-47 stands for "Automatic Kalashnikov 1947" the key phrase is "Automatic". The rifles that this dealer is giving away are not "Automatic" they are "Semi-Automatic". These rifles will be more like "MAK-90's" which are "Modified Automatic Kalashnikov 1990" which are "Semi-Automatic" rifles.

If you do not believe in the second amendment then leave the country. Also do not come crying to me if you get broken into or shot at or even hurt. I will have no compassion.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

talk with that fool.

I am sure before you can use voucher there will be background checks. Come back down.LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
First of all they are not giving away "AK-47's". That is a misnomer. It is like calling an AR-15 a M16. The difference is in the firing mechanism. an AK-47 stands for "Automatic Kalashnikov 1947" the key phrase is "Automatic". The rifles that this dealer is giving away are not "Automatic" they are "Semi-Automatic".

That is the widely believe definition of auto but it also wrong. The automatic (and auto) on a weapon is short for automatic loading which was a hot thing back when everything was bolt, pump, or lever action. Nearly every weapon today is an "auto" which is why most handguns (not revolvers) are also called automatic pistols.

Automatic loading weapons can also be machinegun weapons that automatically chamber a round, cock the weapon, and fire a round but the two phrases do not refer to the same mechanism.

Jon

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

No, people just got lazy and started to call "Semi-Automatics" "Auto's" or "Automatics". The term "Automatic" refers to some one only pulling the triger once or pushing a button once. When something is "Automatic" it reffers to a machine or mechanism that continues operation until either is is out of "Supplies" or has an intervention in its cycle. When you have a "Automatic" transmission you only select the gear once. When a manufaturing system is "Automatic" or "Automated" the machine is started and continues to run on it's own accord until it runs out of "Supplies" or is stopped. I know this is arguing semantics but it is a needed argument to take some of the "Fear" out of semi-automatic rifles and pistols which are no more dangerous than their bolt action or revolving action counter parts.

A "Semi-Auto" requires a trigger pull each time a bullet is fired. Yes machine guns are "Automatic" but so is a M4 but yet it is not a machine gun. A M4 is a battle rifle with both "Automatic" and "Semi-Automatic" actions combined into both. There for an M4 is a hybrid, wich is the true "Assault Rifle". Our "Semi-Automatic" rifles are not "Assault Rifles" due to the fact that they do not have the select fire capabilities.

Sorry not trying to be a butt just trying to clarify to terminology that seems to have been lost in translation through the media and even alot of gun owners.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'll buy one if they decided to give a 1911 Operator by Springfield.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join