It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight for swine flu vaccine could get ugly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Fight for swine flu vaccine could get ugly

www.google.com

LONDON — ...

Experts warn that during a global epidemic, which the world is in now, governments may be under tremendous pressure to protect their own citizens first before allowing companies to ship doses of vaccine out of the country.

"Pandemic vaccine will be a valuable and scarce resource, like oil or food during a famine," ... "We've seen how countries behave in those situations, and it's not encouraging."

Countries with flu vaccine plants might seize all vaccines and ban exports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
[url=http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=3971887&mesg_id=3971887]www.democraticunderground.com[ /url]

edit: for broken link, mod please fix

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Kevin_X2]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I never considered this, as i am in the mindset that the vaccines will do nothing but bad. But, obviously first countries will fight over who gets what share of the vaccine. Then, once its been distributed, I'm putting money on riots breaking out around hospitals and anywhere where vaccines are known to be stored.

The masses, all of whom will want this (i know because my parents and siblings have already confirmed they will blindly take any shot the government deems protective), will do what it takes to get their hands on the vaccine, especially if people start dying.

www.google.com

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I hope that article is true, because I absolutely Do NOT want the shot.

I think the statements from experts or organizations like WHO, CDC, and the HHS are released to artificially increase the demand. They WANT for people to beg for the shot, so if they act like their is a shortage, maybe some people will want it more.

I don't think there is an actual shortage, at least not in America, where 100million will be ready in mid-October, which is enough for 1/3 of us.

I know that is borderline conspiracy theory over kill, but hey, I simply don't trust the government.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

I'm already telling people to stick the vaccine where the sun don't shine. There was a thread on here a few days ago about a case where the flu was already immune to the vaccine.

Theres a lot of people who won't be wanting this aswell.. makes you wonder if it's even possible for all the rumors of it being mandatory are anywhere near true if people are going to be tripping over themselves to get their hands on what sounds like limited supplies of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
lol

sounds like in my opinion(my opinion,my opinion) the PTB via the media trying to make the vaccine a sought after item!

'Government secures 90m doses of swine flu vaccine'...eh?...www.guardian.co.uk...

eh?

"I'm putting money on riots breaking out around hospitals and anywhere where vaccines are known to be stored."

lol thats probly what the PTB want..

instead of introducing mandatory vaccinations, the PTB through the media will make it look like people are 'fighting to get their sweaty pig flu hands' on the vaccine, thus the end result, people will be queuing and grateful to get injected.....

anyway, im not having 'it' you can have my injection if you want...

Maybe I will sell mine on ebay...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

I'm already telling people to stick the vaccine where the sun don't shine. There was a thread on here a few days ago about a case where the flu was already immune to the vaccine.

Considering the fact that there is no vaccine at the moment I'd imagine it's gonna be pretty hard for the virus to be immune to it.

Maybe its a psychic virus

Anyway I'm on the priority list so I'll be one of the first, I'll be sure to tell you all what its like

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They are welcome to my dose.

I have a had a unseasonal bout of flu for a week, I will assume it's the swine flu. I'm not panicing, it's the flu damn it.

I will NOT be having any vaccine that has been rushed into production, is poorly tested, and is pointless in the first instance.

They can try, but anybody coming at me with a needle better have an up to date will - they can put that in their pipe and smoke it.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Actually, if there is a shortage and high demand, I want to take my shot and sell it on ebay .
. I'll probably get it if I want since I'm doing some clinical work in hospitals in the fall. I'm broke!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, here are my thoughts. Yes, the vaccine could be dangerous...and yes, the virus will be dangerous...so, if the virus becomes as deadly as some people think it is going to...then what do you do? Do you take the vaccine...and risk it...or do you just ignore it and pray for the best?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm supposed to be alarmed?!

hey, for the "greater good", I'll make the "sacrifice" and let someone else have mine.

I won't be needing it anyway....

just wanted to add....

I have worked in hospitals for 20 years with direct patient contact and haven't taken a flu shot in at least 15 years. Even with people coughing in my face on a daily basis, I haven't gotten the flu since NOT taking the shot anymore

[edit on 7/17/2009 by LiveFreeOrDie..]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Never had a flu shot in my life and i dont plan on starting as a experiment.

IF this flu gets as nasty as they say, and that is a "IF" because as we all know it depends on a lot of things. Then i will see what happens to the sheeple that run for the shot, and see how many drop dead from the injection its self, then decide, but till then, its not going to happen.
to me or my family.

i would pratice avoidance and go hide out in the hills of the flu is worse and the shot is deadly, and avoid all of it.

we are realy in a holding pattern right now as the swine flu stands its bad but not that bad, and we all know as it stands the shot is not going to be that effective, but have no real clue as to what its going to do to the human body..

So we wait to see what happens and what events unfold to decide on where and what we do next

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arnold_vosloo

What vaccine are we talking about cos I've definitely seen that there was a case of swine being treated where it was immune to what they were treating other cases.

It was in florida.. I'm going on the hunt to find a link..

My bad.. I was on about cases resistant to Tamiflu, I'm guessing this is a new vaccine then.

Anyone up for a swine flu party? Figure I might aswell develop my own immunity!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
Well, here are my thoughts. Yes, the vaccine could be dangerous...and yes, the virus will be dangerous...so, if the virus becomes as deadly as some people think it is going to...then what do you do? Do you take the vaccine...and risk it...or do you just ignore it and pray for the best?

Same questions we keep asking in our house - do we or don't we, take the vaccine?

We definitely won't be rushing to have the vaccine - we prefer to play the 'wait and see' game for awhile. If the virus is already affecting so many people, right now, then waiting a little longer, after the vaccine becomes available, won't really make much difference. I won't be buying into the scarcity fear mongering.

My main concern is the lack of testing and how the 1976 vaccine killed and brain damaged more ppl than the actual flu did. This vaccine is being rushed together and surely they won't even know the short term effects, never mind the long term effects.

It's easier to control and manipulate people if you can cause enough confusion and right now there's so much confusion about this flu that no-one knows whether to take it seriously or not. Just look at all the debates on ATS about whether it's something to worry about, or not.

Some don't believe the figures that are officially put out.

Some believe the figures and say that because of them being so low, it's not a problem.

First we had a lot of hype about the flu becoming a pandemic.

Then it all went quiet and the pandemic label just slipped in with no big deal.

Now the MSM is hyping it again because of the vaccines.

It's enough to make anyone's head spin with trying to sieve out what's true and what's not and who to believe and who not.

Edit to add that I'm more concerned at the amount of ppl getting a mild sickness from this and being off work. If too many ppl are sick at the same time then basic infrastructure will soon break down - police, military, health workers, factories, farmers, delivery drivers, shop keepers, etc, etc. Anyone know what percentage would need to be ill in order for it to be a problem?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
All I know is that as long as they don't have 360 million vaccines ready in the U.S....they won't be going door to door....

But I think 'they' will make it mandatory IF you want to keep your job...in that case, 99% of working America will cave and get one...

If you are on social security, welfare, govt retiree etc...you 'probably' will be required to get one, or you'll get no check..

If there is a 'shortage' people will fight for it...just like in 1976..

...just my prediction...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

"Pandemic vaccine will be a valuable and scarce resource, like oil or food during a famine," ... "We've seen how countries behave in those situations, and it's not encouraging."

HAHAHJAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHA. Best quote ever... total BS... the fear mongering is RIDICULOUS.

Where are they finding those doom and gloom reporters...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

I'm already telling people to stick the vaccine where the sun don't shine.

That's an idea, yep.
Just drop your pants and bend over for it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They are upping the Propoganda to get "customers" for the huge stockpile they have.
I can see why they would avoid "forcing" vaccines on people as that would spook the horses and it looks too Nazi-ish.
So creating a stampede by making out that EVERYONE will one, so get in early folks....this sale only lasts till the last one is sold.....

Sounds like a cynical sales pitch to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was eight years old when I learned one of life's most valuable lessons, and my Cubscout Den Mother pulled me aside and said "Please keep this secret, but the drama production we are going to stage for senior and community centers has a skit with Mary Poppins singing Supercalafragelousmeansexpialadocious. All the other boys in the den are fighting to be Mary Poppins, but since you are my favorite I want you to have the role, but please don't tell the other boys I just gave it to you like this".

Wow, I was special and it was even a secret a shared secret between me and the Den Mother!

I was also a fool and an idiot because none of the other boys would have been caught dead dressing up as Mary Poppins let alone fight for the opportunity to do it.

Something I became painfully aware of when stuck in a skirt and a wig at a senior center for 2 and a half hours after the show because they had no facility I could change back into boys clothes.

Lesson number one was of course being a Cub Scout is even harder than being in the Boy Scout! Lesson number two of course was never believe a thing anyone tells you! Lesson number three of course was the old scarcity paradigm, limited supply, limited time offer, jump right on it.

Not.

Of course the most valuable lesson was Supercalafragelious does not really mean expialadocious!

[edit on 17/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm beginning to believe that the media is trying to cause panic (not to say they don't on a daily basis) in regards to this "unprecedented new wave" of h1n1. It isn't that hard to make people want something, simply hold it in your hand just out of their sight and say:

"WOW would you look at this? No way I'll get sick if I have this."

It will be interesting to see what the media does to fan these flames. As of now the general consensus is that "swine flu" was a big joke, and *like one baby in Texas died or something*

I wouldnt be surprised if there was a string of commercials telling you that getting the vaccine(s) is your duty as an American citizen. Heh, do it for the motherland.

Teddi

[edit on 17-7-2009 by TeddiRevolution]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2

I never considered this, as i am in the mindset that the vaccines will do nothing but bad. But, obviously first countries will fight over who gets what share of the vaccine. Then, once its been distributed, I'm putting money on riots breaking out around hospitals and anywhere where vaccines are known to be stored.

The masses, all of whom will want this (i know because my parents and siblings have already confirmed they will blindly take any shot the government deems protective), will do what it takes to get their hands on the vaccine, especially if people start dying.

www.google.com

Never fear! I will gladly donate any doses I have coming to you. Also, the other members of my family will not be taking the vaccines. I'm sure they would donate it back to you and your family.

But I would feel much, much, better if someone took my donated vaccines straight up to Capital Hill and gave them to some deserving elected official.

top topics

join