It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's acting like stars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey everyone...just thought I would ask a question. I am a hardcore skeptic about this type of stuff but what I just witnessed made me think. THE SIGHTING: walking home from the store, happened to glance up and saw two lights flying in...I guess formation.. north west direction. They past by this bright star and then just stopped and are now stationary...and if I did not witness this I would not believe but I watched them for two hours to see if they would move but they have not. To the anyone who looks at them right now they look like stars....i watched them for two hours maybe a little less and finally gave up because who knows how long they are going to be there..lol. I know they were moving because I stopped to view them and then they stopped.

The wierd thing was I was trying to figure out what star/planet they flew by right after they stopped but that star/planet is also gone. The entire first part of my sighting only took like ten to fifteen seconds so it is not like that bright star/planet went with the Earth's rotation. I have read claims of UFO's mimicking stars but usually scoffed at the claims, but now since I am a witness to this phenomenon then maybe some of these claims are factual. Before anyone says anything..
..I am not claiming that these are alien beings in flight or that they are making contact with me nor am I saying that these are the star people letting thier presence being known..
. All I am telling you is what I saw and am asing if anyone...skeptic/believer have witnessed anything like this.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
i was thinking about this just last night as i observed a star that appeared at first to be moving, then stayed stationary. i dont know what it was. i think my experience was simply a star that i thought moved, but i have thought about this subject often. i dont have very good knowledge of the night sky and what stars should be where, but either way, id love to hear what other people think about this.

btw, this is my first post so ill just say hello. ive been a browser to this website for quite a long time

thanks for the post

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by brianxfahey

Hiya mate, if you download this little feature it will give you all the info you need on the stars & is very useful for working out if those lights are stars.
I use it & its easy to use too.

Ive seen stars move then stop too, along with objects that change direction, stop and stay put like the OP saw, seen stars suddenly just move away, etc.

There is a lot of activity going on at the moment which is exciting and its there for all to see.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
They do look like stars when they are far enough away.

I'm not sure if they are trying to imitate a star or if it's just coincidence they look the same from that distance.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. Every early morning around two to five a.m. a light flashing yellow, blue, green and red is stationed in the sky. It doesn't move, but it isn't a star either. It is beautiful. I have footage of the star I will post if I can figure out how. This object will be in the same place and simply disappear for the night. The light I see is in North Naples, Florida, or south Lee County. It is brilliant.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by lostviking]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yep, they do mimic stars. Got like 2-3 more threads running on the same thing, check out a few of the other posts.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Its funny that you made this thread right now! I was outside stargazing last night and I thought I saw the same thing.

It's so hard to tell, though. When I see something like that, I try so hard not to blink, because I have an astigmatism in my eyes, and it's hard to tell when something is moving or if it's just my eye

I'm pretty sure I saw the same type of thing that you saw, too. You don't by any chance live in Texas, too?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In recent weeks, I've become an avid stargazer, and I have to say, what you posted isn't unlikely at all. I've seen stars move, I've seen stars glimmer and shine many different colours, I saw two stars moving together across the sky at a very fast speed only to disappear in an instant, and I also saw what I would describe as either an advanced airplane with plama lighting that I've never heard of before, or an actual UFO. All the dogs in the neighbourhood began to bark FURIOUSLY as it passed by.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by VergeofObscene]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halley86
Its funny that you made this thread right now! I was outside stargazing last night and I thought I saw the same thing.

It's so hard to tell, though. When I see something like that, I try so hard not to blink, because I have an astigmatism in my eyes, and it's hard to tell when something is moving or if it's just my eye

I'm pretty sure I saw the same type of thing that you saw, too. You don't by any chance live in Texas, too?

Nope I live in Canada..but hey who knows...we are viewing the same sky..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
They do look like stars when they are far enough away.

I'm not sure if they are trying to imitate a star or if it's just coincidence they look the same from that distance.

Yep, if they are parked above us eating a spaceburger with their headlights on, from down here it might appear they are trying to mimic a star, without being true.

But I too have seen strange things in the sky and do not doubt your claims.

Keep watching, check back tonight and see if you can find the same stars or if other stars have appeared.

Edit: A few weeks back, didn't someone claiming to be an alien say that we should all go outside at night ourselves and watch the aliens make themselves known? The veil has been lifted? maybe they were right.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
"Dreams and hallucinations can seem so real sometimes. If you are seeing these things while you are awake, maybe it is time to see medical professional in psychiatry. It will help with some of these delusions."

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Wow! Thanks for sharing your story.

Of course I don't have any idea of what you exactly saw, how high up in the sky and what the coordinates were.

Have I seen moving lights that possibly were no stars?

Yes, I have seen 1 odd moving light while watching the sky for meteor-rain on an August night back in 1982. While I was watching some of them ' falling stars" I suddenly saw a ' star'like light zigzagging in the sky. It was an jawdropping experience.

First I thought it was a plane but planes do not make take kind of sharp zigzag manouvres. It lasted about 25 secs, then the light stopped moving and within 5 secs it just vanished. (The direction was East South East)

I remember that experience as my 1st UFO sighting

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I always watch the sky at night and I recall one particular night ( cant remember what date/time sorry ) when I was observing the sky,
I noticed a fairly bright star from my window so I watched it for a couple of minutes, thinking to myself how crisp and bright it was and then right before my eyes it just took off leaving a dark patch behind itself in the sky like a shooting star?

Disguising "themselves" as stars is a very clever thing to do because some people dont know Jupiter from Venus, including me...well I have a good idea now Im a member of a well-informed community but how on earth does a star go from still for a few minutes to shooting across the sky till it vanishes

Very interesting, thanks for bringing this up and I look forward to reading others views on this.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

new topics

top topics

join