It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT Report!!!! altered Obama news report of continent of his birth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I am talking about the 4th Amendment.

Each and every time I read: "He should just show the long form and be done with it" I think of the consequences to the 4th amendment rights to every man woman and child in this country.

Each quip, each time a person who believes in this theory says that I shake inside. Knowing that all the people behind this theory want to do is to destroy our rights as free citizens to be secure in our personal papers against unreasonable searches.

you really shake inside when someone asks any other person to prove eligibility for a job? wow. that's pretty extreme. i have to present my original birth certificate to DMV next week to renew my driver's license, a license I've held in this state for 32 years, at the same address for 11 years. doesn't even involve a job. just the privilege of paying a fee to the state. I also have to present my original social security card or my tax return to prove i am the person with that number. what right does DMV hve to this personal info. have i lost my 4th amendment rights? how is this legal? doom is already upon us. you need to get on this issue. post a thread protesting the outrage of having to present a birth certificate for any reason. in fact to be really safe, we should probably abolish birth certificate.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Let's just say for argument sake that these people that believe in this theory pressure, force, coerce, Obama into publishing his personal papers (I.E. The long form Birth Certificate) for everyone to view?

What does that mean for the rest of us?

As a rule, people are required to show proof that they're eligible or qualify for things... I have to show my ID at a bar, for example, because the requirement to enter is being 21 or older.

The Presidency requires a natural born American. So what it says for the rest of us is that IF we run for President, we must show proof that we were born in accordance with qualifications in the Constitution.

That's what it says.

[edit on 7/19/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

good point. whatyoukno has created a unique category for obama where he and he alone should not have to show papers to prove he qualifies for a particular job or entry into a club or many other things that we are required to show papers for.why should obama be treated in this elitist fashion. because he's black?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

The DMV analogy does not hold water. After all, who do you show your birth certificate to?

Is it to the 18 year old kid in the back of the line? Why does he have any reason to see it? The fact of the matter is, you don't. You don't go into the DMV and are forced to show your birth certificate to everyone in the room now do you?

So please, stop embarrassing yourself with the DMV analogy. It just doesn't work.

Just like this issue. The fact of the matter is, Citizens do not vote for the POTUS.

We don't and never have. Are you ready? I am about to crash this entire party with the following amendment.

AMENDMENT XX

Passed by Congress March 2, 1932. Ratified January 23, 1933

Section 3.
If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

In short, Congress are the people that qualify the president. The Electors are the people that elect the president.

We as the citizenry have no standing in the business of the President. Why? We don't vote for them.

The SCOTUS has nothing to do with it, and neither does the DMV.

Though I will give you my little theory why the POTUS doesn't just come forth and give his Long Form Birth Certificate to every man woman and child in the country. (Besides the fact he doesn't have to.)

The Long Form Birth Certificate is a personal paper protected by the 4th Amendment of the United States. As we have not voted for him in the first place. We have no standing to call it into question.

But Congress does. Congress and the Electoral College.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

i thought your objection to obama releasing personal records to anyone for review for eligibility was your fear that it destroys all of our 4th ammendment rights. the presidency of a country is kind of strange job. it only exists if it is granted to him by the people through their elected representatives. it's possible that citizens would be satisfied if the documentation was presented to congress, as mccain's was, rather than individually to every single person in the country. but he refuses to release them to anyone at all. that's not protection of 4th ammendment rights. that's hiding something. another requirement for eligibility is to be at least 35 years of age. by your argument he can't be asked to prove he is 35. nobody can be asked to prove anything personal at all, ever. the argument quickly degenerates into silliness. no one can be expected to show a driver's license or passport or any legal document because for anybody to be asked is to destroy our rights. you apply for a job and your potential employer wants to know if you are credentialed in a certain area of responsibility but you refuse to tell because it would be a violation of your 4th amendment rights. don't you see that this does not make sense?

for all your pooh poohing, this question is getting bigger and bigger. more and more people want to know just how many lies this individual has told us, starting with the circumstances of his birth. if it turns out to be a false alarm, no harm done. he will have disclosed nothing more than what he has already insisted is true. if he has lied or omitted crucial details, it would become a matter for the people and the courts to decide. there's no point in saying nobody can do anything or the courts have no jurisdiction or that he has been sworn in already because what courts do every day of the week is clarify the law. this would be new territory and would much clarification. there is no procedure or protocol for how to handle the situation if a president turned out to be ineligible because he lied about certain things. that would be a total breakdown in trust. a vote of no confidence on the part of the president toward the people, who would probably feel the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It still goes back to my argument, when you are at the DMV does the 18 year old in the back of the line have ANY right to see your birth certificate, just because for some reason he doesn't think your eligible for a drivers license? The fact is no. The 18 year old in the back of the line at the DMV has no right to see your BC.

Do I have any right to demand from you to post your Birth Certificate? If I started to demand from these people that believe in this conspiracy to post their long form birth certificates online do you think they would comply? Or would they just laugh at me? I would expect that they would laugh at me.

And as it is, none of us vote for the President anyway, so as we have no right to vote for the President, what makes you think we have a right to demand this man's personal papers?

If you however are a member of Congress, or a member of the Electoral College, you would have standing and a right to ask for this man's qualifications for the job. After all your directly involved at this point.

But, We the People? Nope, no right to vote for this man, therefore, no right to ask his qualifications. To do so undermines the 4th Amendment of the United States to protect us from unreasonable searches and seizure.

The Teller at the DMV has a right to question your identification as that person is authorized under the state by law to make sure you satisfy the states requirement for a drivers license.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It still goes back to my argument, when you are at the DMV does the 18 year old in the back of the line have ANY right to see your birth certificate, just because for some reason he doesn't think your eligible for a drivers license? The fact is no. The 18 year old in the back of the line at the DMV has no right to see your BC.

I think you forgot to actually read my post. You did not respond to a single item in there. If you put this kind of thing down as an answer on a test, the teacher would giver you a big red 0. you are pretending that asking for proof of eligibility for a job is an attack on the 4th amendment. that's just plain silly. you take your car to get fixed, you want to know they are qualified to do it. you go to a doctor, you want to know the person is trained and licensed to practice medicine. this nonsense about some random person has no right to ask questions is kindergarten stuff. we ask questions about qualifications all the time.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by uswgo

I knew he was no good from the beginning.They should kick him out of office.I'm glad Ididn't vote for him.
ED

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join