It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted on security cam in Russia.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

As best as i can make out, this doesnt look to be hoaxed..

But i have seen videos with this trail behind a light before. But never have i seen a light appear underneath it.

Whats your take?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

Wow really kool, i have not seen that before other than the object making the tails. Seen slow and fast objects making tails but never a another object in the same path. Looks as though it is following the first object as if it were checking it out.
Great find.
Cheers
Kitos.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Interesting footage.

Unlike some of the more sensational footage out there my gut feeling is that this one is not a hoax. Now if we could only figure out what the object/light is we might have something here...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Im waiting for someone to come in and say it was the ISS

I have the same feeling mate.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It has already been covered on another thread at ATS recently.It is a Russian spacecraft, I will look for the link for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It looks like a rocket launch.
This one perhaps?
www.upi.com...

oops. Too late

[edit on 7/16/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Excuse me for being so daft, but military satellite launches make that sort of effect in the sky?

It would explain the light that drops down actually, it could be the fuel part?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yeap, Soyuz-2 rocket

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Other pictures of it:
forum.nasaspaceflight.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is the link,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This footage has been thou thoroughly discussed here on ATS. I think the conclusion of it was that it was a rocket booster or something.

not ufo, type it into search and im sure you will find the thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

The Russian ones do. The RS-18 is a three stage rocket. The trailing object is probably the second stage.

About 3 minutes into it.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah i searched for "Russian UFO" and there was a number of results, nothing really of what the topic in hand was discussed

Anyway, thanks for clarifying guys.

Always my tutor Phage

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oops. Not an RS-18. I got that from a different article. Soyuz-2 indeed.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It appears that the light if moving toward the earth. Is that what I'm seeing or is it just an illusion. I thought a rocket would have flown more straight up. I saw the space shuttle launch from Disney World once and it traveled straight up for miles before taking a slight turn. Even then it still traveled away from the earth.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You are probably right Skyeyes.

I wish i knew more about rockets and the like, but being Australian we are kind of behind the times when it comes to things like that.

It makes sense though. Since starting this topic i have looked at many pictures where the rocket makes the same tail. The light seen toward the end of the video must be the fuel capsule that is empty and has been dislodged from the rocket because its no longer needed and making unneeded weight.

As a satellite launch, i cant imaging why it would go straight up, because initially what we want is the satellite to stay within our own orbit. If we shot it straight up, i could only imagine it not staying in our orbit.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Rocket launchings such as this one have been setting off UFO reports in Russia since at least as early as the mid-1960s, mainly because of the lack of government announcements. But even in the US and elsewhere, launchings can create spectacular UFO events.

They are hard to recognize, in general, and as the early posters indicate, there is no obvious way to investigate and solve them.

Aside from polluting the UFO data base, however, they provide a perfect opportunity to calibrate eyewitness testimonials, as well as the research abilities of leading ufologists. It is a depressing picture for anybody hoping to extract usable, persuasive evidence for ET from raw 'UFO reports'.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

You'll be pleasantly suprised then, to find out that Australia isn't too far behind the times when it comes to rockets and the like.

Woomera Test Range

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by XeonSky

You'll be pleasantly suprised then, to find out that Australia isn't too far behind the times when it comes to rockets and the like.

Woomera Test Range

From what I hear, Woomera is the Area 51 of Australia.

Have you got some interesting stories or lore about the place?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

O.K. gotcha, I guess this one would have to be judged as a rocket/satellite launch.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Before I ask this I would like to point out that I mean this in the most respectful way possible.

How do you guys come up with conclusions for what are you seeing, or what you may think it is, or what you (to the best of your knowledge) know? Do you just stumble upon it or use specific searches (engines/sites)?

I am very new to looking into UFO sightings and the supernatural in general and I am interested in finding out ways of finding stuff to look at or read.

Mostly due to an experience I had when I was younger (though I will save that for my own thread, if I ever get the 20 posts or whatever to start my own in).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join