It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health care reform in Washington today isn't about health, or reform.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Health care reform in Washington today isn't about health, or reform.

www.naturalnews.com

For starters, this Senate health reform bill would financially penalize people who take care of their own health and choose not to hand over $1,000 or month (or more) to a corrupt, criminally-operated health insurance system. This is a bill that actually punishes people for staying healthy! At the same time, it just happens to expand the monopoly of western medicine to encompass the entire U.S. population, criminalizing those who have opted out of the failed health care system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have seen the debates on this and I have pondered long on it. This article kind of sealed my decision. I don't think this bill is in the best interest of the American people.

Please take a moment to read this article as it takes on this issue from a slightly differant angle than the MSM is approaching it. (Keep in mind that NaturalNews is generally non-partisan, but it is biased towards the holistic, natural health lifestyle)

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's nice to see an article that actually looks at the problems of the situation, and not just a bunch of propaganda.

I do agree with the article for the most part. There are many problems that we need to solve before we even think about meaning health care reform. The main problem is the crooks in Washington.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Health Care Reform isn't about health care, at least not improving the national average. It IS about reforming what we have.

They want to reform it by taking more control of our health care dollars, and taking more control of us in general. I started a thread that quoted one of the drafts released by the House.

They are going to create Health Insurance Smart Cards. The cards will tell everything about your body, health, diseases, and health history.

Just imagine what large retail pharmacy companies, and the government could do with that.

Higher health care taxes for overweight, obese, smokers...people that cost them more. So, what does that mean?

Those people may avoid doctors and therefore that will save the country money, but what happens to their health???

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The health care reform that is before the House is not what we need. I speak from years of experience health care. Everyday, you go to work, wondering if this is the day someone is going to decide to sue you.
If we are going to reform and improve our health care system, we have to start with the lawyers. We must have tort reform. Doctor's often perform needless, expensive tests because they are afraid of being sued.
We need health care reform for those who cannot care for themselves. But we don't need any more of the government intruding into our lives. There is a good chance this won't pass, by the way. There are 59 Blue Dog Democrats that are against the bill the way it is written.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I agree. Once people get the idea that they are being spied upon, they will stop visitng the doctors unless it is a medical crisis.

I am more concerned at the moment with the effects these things might have on alternative and self-help treatments. My wife drinks Acai juice every morning. I know, the fruit has been slandered and abused by the spammers and the con artists, but it has been very useful in controlling her blood sugars and fixing her hypothyroidism. We get the juice from a store called Sprouts, which is an indoor farmers market kind of place. In addition, we get other supplements from our local apothecary. These guys, of course, are selling "nutritional supplements" because they cannot call them natural medicines. What happens when our food supply is choked down and no plant or mineral may be sold for health benefits without FDA approval? This smells bad all the way around.

If we are going to reform and improve our health care system, we have to start with the lawyers. We must have tort reform. Doctor's often perform needless, expensive tests because they are afraid of being sued.

I was reading an article in a magazine at the eye doctor's office today that was talking about these new scans and test that they can do, such as digital mammography, that are detecting cancers at very early stages. This has become so prevelant that some doctors are beginning to question whether these tests are even useful anymore since it is apparent that everyone gets cancer all the time. According to the article, many people are autopsied and found to have cancers that they never knew about that were either totally benign or under control by the immune system.

I agree then that tort reform is necessary.. we are way overmedicated as a society. And that lady who spilled coffee in her lap and sued McDonalds should have lost her case.

[edit on 7-16-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Excellent article, rogerstigers!!

As a long time follower of natural cures, healthy eating, and exercising (I cover 7 to 8 miles, walking, jogging, or running, almost everyday) this really, really upsets me.

And I will certainly be one angry package if they try to ban vitamins and herbals too...I've lived it!!...doxycycline + Lyme disease = I got worse; vitamins + exercise + herbal remedies + Lyme disease = Lyme disease in remission and no longer a problem!!

edit for typo

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Astarfaraway]

top topics

join