It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe? What All Is Out There?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Im not sure where to put this so if it has to be moved I understand.

The universe is a subject that can get me talking for hours upon hours. It is so amazing and breathtaking. Just by looking at the stars and seeing how small they look from where we are then actually imagining how big they really are...It amazes me.

I think there are many planets out there hospitable to life we just haven't found them yet. There has to be alien life out there. When you think about it. Imagine this, we are on earth a planet that is among the smallest of planets. They have discovered earth like planets the size of Jupiter in the few planets they have discovered. There are billions and billions of planets and galaxies out there. We live in only one of them.

So to the people who say there is absolutely no chance aliens exist.. think again. How can you be so cocky and arrogant as to say that earth is the only planet that has life on it when there are so many other planets that could possibly hold life as well.

That's one topic I wanted to talk about. Another is just think about how big the universe is and think if the universe is able to get this big and host so many different things including life, we should be capable of doing anything we think of. The universe is full of mysteries. It makes me sad to think about how little we humans know about this vastness.

We don't even know 1% of the knowledge the universe holds. That is so amazing when you think about that, but it is also very sad and depressing. We know so little about it and we have existed for a long time. Well compared to how long the universe has existed that's nothing. But honestly I don't want to know everything about the universe because then if we did we would have nothing left to wonder about.

I would just like to know about 20% of the knowledge the universe holds. Its amazing isn't it. I cried the other day thinking about the future that im expecting. I expect that within 100 years humans have many huge discoveries and have at least began trying to inhabit other planets and move out of our galaxy. I think that day is coming sooner than most think. I expect humans to eventually live in harmony together and hopefully along with an alien race and someday we will be able to visit other planets and species on vacation.

These thoughts make me smile and they make me look forward to seeing what we learn in the future. I love it. Don't you?

This life is amazing. To me I appreciate everyday because (no offense toward any religions) I'm an atheist and I respect the earth and I know that one day I will be gone and might come back if reincarnation is true but if not then one day i will be gone and unable to exist think or be anything. That is a scary thought but its what I believe please don't force your beliefs on me please. I appreciate every second of every day because I know one day I will be unable to experience this ever again.. that's the cold, sad and depressing truth that i believe.

I also get so depressed when thinking about everything that we will discover that I'm not going to be around to see. I'm only 16 and I feel like if I felt like this earlier in life I would have enjoyed my life so far a lot more. But I have a lot ahead of me. Even though I'm 16 I have experienced many things life has to hold and I realize what is in store for me as well. I look forward to it. I'm going to enjoy life as much as I can.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You could probably get many, many answers form the classic shopws such as Star trek and Andromeda. Those thing could be out there, we may never know.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh dear.

You are still young, love. Don't fret about the things you do not yet know. Insight comes with age as well as experience. There are some things in life that are completely mind-boggling for you, I'm sure. But soon enough, the pieces will start fitting together and you will surely find your way.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by undefy.gravity]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
the universe is not infinite i can prove it, but u have 2 agree with me:

if the universe was infinite it would be white, because the light of all stars would fill it and "bounce" off eachother. If it would be infinite without an end.

but it's black, and it means it got a frontier somewhere

[edit on 16-7-2009 by 2Unknown]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

Sorry but science has proven the universe to be ever expanding.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by undefy.gravity

Im not saying I dont know anything Im saying im sad that when im gone i wont be able to experience knowledge anymore. I really wish people would quit paying attention to my age.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

No, it's not that. I'm young myself, but just because your life ends here on this world, doesn't mean that a new one doesn't begin somewhere else, you know?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I hope reincarnation is real but I will not go to a heaven or a hell because I dont believe in that.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

Yeah, heaven and hell are just fairy tale ideas, but what if when your body dies, your spirit ends up being re-born in a whole new dimension, or galaxy, or universe?

Wouldn't that be wicked?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think if any one of us knew even .000000000000001% of "all that there is out there" our heads would explode with supernova-like force. The universe is infinite. Infinitely huge, infinitely complex, infinitely unknowable.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes that would I would absolutely love that. =]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

I know but imagine what knowledge is out there its astounding =] I love being able to learn more and discover these things it makes me so happy.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
hey i see what your getting at im 23 and got a kid on the way if that dont stress ya out lol your only what 17? youve got alott of growing and maturing as we are all doing constantly and you will be seeing the kinds of things in your and my lifetime i believe but that dosnt mean there wont be hardtimes for all of US. but that will be the turning point before we as a race change our frequencies and live better lives. There is such vastness its very hard to comprihend. Also from my understanding the majority of planets in our galaxy that have life are either oxygen and or carbon based lifeforms carbon being less complex then our own....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

I cant wait to see the future and what it holds. Unlike many people I dont see an end for the human race I see us beginning to understand things alot better and i see us evolving in the near 50 years future.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I believe in the multiple universe theory, anyone else?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

not sure but im open to everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

Oh, most definitely. I see it as being highly likely. I mean there's so much unexplained information out there, that with the idea of different universes put in place, helps make a lot of sense of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lycanlance
reply to post by soldier8828

I cant wait to see the future and what it holds. Unlike many people I dont see an end for the human race I see us beginning to understand things alot better and i see us evolving in the near 50 years future.

well, it doesnt matter your age at all, you can be any age and still marvel at the wonders of the universe and the technological advances of the human race, i am 32 and in some instances i am old beyond my years, and yet in others i am still quite embryonic!!! just think of the oldest people on earth, the record breakers, they are what, 110-115? they have lived through 3 centuries, they have seen untold discoveries, tecnological advances and more, they have gone from horse and cart, to steam, to combustible driven engines, they have seen the development of electricity and their appliances, radio, television, man walking on the moon!!! and thats just in the last 120 years!!! just think whats in store for you my friend, you are still young yes, you have a whole lot of discovery ahead of you, both of us even, which i am looking forward, to, just think, for the past 3 thousand years we have had horse and cart, and th wheel, the the past 150 years? BOOM!! a huge technological explosion, just think what the next 50-100 years will bring? i wish you hope, peace and happy hunting in whatevr life throws at you, heres waiting in anticipation for the next wonder/huge discovery to hit the mainstream!!
s/f for you!!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by DARREN1976]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by theprofessionalnyc
I believe in the multiple universe theory, anyone else?

yes me too, when you think about it the mind boggles, at the beggining what was around for the universe to expand in to? where was that particle being held before it actually exploded in to a fiery birth of creation...whats beyond the beyond? the boundaries of our universe have maybe links to another universe/multiple universe's, it cant end there, or otherwise there would be no expanding universe, what would there be to expand in to? like i said, think about it too long and your mind starts to fizzle and smoke!!!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by DARREN1976]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Thanks for saying all of that. I appreciate it. I really cant wait to see whats going to happen next. I love discovery and knowledge as you can probably tell already. My family doctor says I have the brains of a 40 year old scientist. He says thats a good thing. He also says he is amazed that I'm still in school with my brains. Not bragging just letting others who are going to read this know that even though im young im not dumb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join