It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe? What All Is Out There?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976
BOOM!! a huge technological explosion, just think what the next 50-100 years will bring?

I can answer that, about 200 new models of iPhones, iPods, etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lycanlance
reply to post by DARREN1976

My family doctor says I have the brains of a 40 year old scientist. He says thats a good thing. He also says he is amazed that I'm still in school with my brains.

Exactly what is your I.Q.? Mine is a nice 149.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

What's out there? Everything. An infinit universe, an infinity of dimensions, and an infinity of alternate time lines. Everything imagined, unimagined, expected, and unexpected.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I dont think that we here on the earth are able to understand the universe. There are too many things to understand and we are so far from a real understanding of any of it (beyond what we can see). The fact is that the universe is so large and diverse that our brains cannot understand and process all that it entails. This is a good thing though. It means we aren't nearly as evolved as we thought we were. Humility is a good thing. It's going to insure that we keep learning and asking questions. Perhaps one day in the distant future we as a race will know what the hell is out there. But until that happens we're only guessing and dreaming like children.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
ok, heres a possible theory since anything is possible. there is other life out there. they know that earth is just a god damn sham. they see the manipulation here and im pretty sure they seen the effects and explosion of the atom bomb.

if there are beings out there that want to control others there must be an opposing side that want to help us and only if we wanna be helped because its all about the will. the enemies know this and thats why they trick us into giving it up, via religion, science, etc.

i believe there is going to be a rapture and anyone who wills it, will be rescued. i think that the people behind project b.b. are capable of producing holograms and audio whether its heard externally or internally but i think they know that this rapture is legit and have to have a backup plan so they put out disinformation in disguise thinking that the conspiracy people will buy it.

just hold on to hope people. hope keeps us alive no matter what our intentions are. i stopped praying to a delusion but i aint giving up the fight. there is a war on our minds. you can call the enemy satan but satan isnt one entity. we all been conditioned to believe certain things in life but i want what matters and thats the truth.

so everyone stick your head out your window and yell, " IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Unknown
the universe is not infinite i can prove it, but u have 2 agree with me:

if the universe was infinite it would be white, because the light of all stars would fill it and "bounce" off eachother. If it would be infinite without an end.

but it's black, and it means it got a frontier somewhere

[edit on 16-7-2009 by 2Unknown]

Not necessarily a very good candidate for dark matter are micro black holes what's to say these things aren't sucking up a large portion of the light not to mention normal black holes doing the same with scientists claiming 90% of matter can't be seen it stands to reason 90% of matter and light could be in black holes.

Not claiming I'm right by the way just something that has occurred to me before.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29

Originally posted by lycanlance

My family doctor says I have the brains of a 40 year old scientist. He says thats a good thing. He also says he is amazed that I'm still in school with my brains.

Exactly what is your I.Q.? Mine is a nice 149.

well, the last time i checked when i was 16 i think it was 132.... probably less now as i have been tainted by mentally retarded friends who are not really friends...just used me for my status and reputation in the town i lived and im too much of a caring person to just f**k them off, so yes, ive probably been contaminated by stupidness!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anahmal3

I stopped praying a long time ago. When I stopped praying was when I ended up the happiest. But like many of you have said the universe is huge and amazing. But i thought about something last night. What if everything was a lie and there wasnt a universe or space. we know there is but what if one day they proved the universe isnt real and the only thing that is real is this land we live on. That would piss me off.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Last time i check my IQ was 156 not a lie. Dont believe me if you want. I have a friend whos IQ is around 180

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I agree, intelligent life out of Earth has to be there.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

IBELIEVE YOU ABOUT YOUR IQ...AND AS FOR YOU SAYING WHAT IF EVERYTHING IS A LIE? WELL THINK ON THIS ONE INSTEAD...I WAS WATCHING A SPACE PROGRAMME ON DISCOVERY YESTERDAY, AND HE WAS THEORIZING A BIG WHAT IF? HE SAID WHAT IF WE ARE ALL LIVING INSIDE(INCLUDING THE WHOLE UNIVERSE AROUND US) A HUGE BLACK HOLE, AND THAT BLACK HOLE WE ARE INSIDE IS IN THE CENTRE OF A GALAXY THATS PART OF ANOTHER UNIVERSE THATS A HELL OF A LOT BIGGER THAN THE ONE WE CAN SEE!!!!

pardon me for typing in capitol letters... cant be bothered editing the whole thing so put this apology instead, sorry for shouting..

[edit on 19-7-2009 by DARREN1976]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yea wow that would be alot bigger than this one...wow thats something to think about I love the discovery channel.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Not exactly. You'd be suprised just how much of the so called evidence for the Big Bang is pure fluff put in place to keep that mythical beginning in which nothing exploded into something.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I dont know what happened at the beginning so I wonder and think about all the possibilities but the one that never seemed right at all was Christianity.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Then dismiss it and leave it alone? The simple fact of the matter is it makes sense to others and only in hubris do we determine our perspective better than anyone else's.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Unknown
the universe is not infinite i can prove it, but u have 2 agree with me:

if the universe was infinite it would be white, because the light of all stars would fill it and "bounce" off eachother. If it would be infinite without an end.

but it's black, and it means it got a frontier somewhere

You got my vote.

The contradiction is that the white parts DO contain infinity, the scope of the whole big picture, which is where that light comes from. And it and its opposite both arise from transcendence itself.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

Wrong. Photon-Photon scattering has only been observed via chance at particle colliders as the chances of photons colliding with each other are rather slim. That and you seem to talk about an enclosed space when you talk about an infinite space.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yes, but some of them keep pushing their beliefs on me and others who dont believe. They keep saying your wrong your going to hell and other things like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Point out that is their judgement then throw this little gem back at them "Judge not and so shall ye not be judged.".

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

It's a good thought, but there's another explanation for that, I don't recall what it is, but I read it somewhere, but good for you for having the imagination to ask why isn't the night sky all white

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join