It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
I disagree that nothing interesting has happened this generation - a great deal has happened, and is still happening, as we type.

As I said in my previous post: Well, there is a lot of interesting stuff, actually, but nothing that indicates that the end is at hand.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
First let me prove that islam is false. Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet this He cannot lie. Jesus said He was God and the saviour, how do Muslims deny this? They claim the Christian Gospel is a false Gospel invented hundreds of years later and the real Gospel was revealed to Mohammed and the real Gospel foretold the coming of himself.

Archaeology has proven that as early as 55AD Christians knew the Gospel we continue to hear today and by which we are saved. Islam is a false religion based on this fact whether Christianity is true or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by '___'eviant

Rats, you made this way too easy -

Choose your source, my friend.

HERE

And don't expect me to sit here and type out all one hundred either.

i did, and here's the first attempt.

Jesus will return (to judge the living and the dead) Bible prophecy: Matthew 24:29-31 Prophecy written: During the first century Prophecy fulfilled: To be fulfilled In Matthew 24:29-31, as well as in other places within the New Testament, Jesus revealed about 2000 years ago that he will return in the future to judge the living and the dead. This is a core Christian belief that is reflected in the Apostles' Creed, which is a summary of Christian beliefs that was written many centuries ago. The Apostles' Creed is recited by Christians during Christian worship services. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org Matthew 24:29-31: 29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' 30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

man, i must have missed this one. they claim prophesies that have already come true. sounds more like an alien invasion to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Hiya and welcome

You know, my bible says something different. Its says the son of man is comming. Not Christ. Not the son of God. The son of man. typo?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by mrsdudara]

I'm not a Christian, but I do study the bible. Here is a bible passage you might not be familiar with:

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

No one will know the hour or the day of Jesus' return
Bible prophecy: Matthew 24:36-37
Prophecy written: During the first century
Prophecy fulfilled: Many times throughout history

That's not a prophecy.

Before the end comes, the Gospel will be preached to the entire world
Bible prophecy: Matthew 24:14
Prophecy fulfilled: Fulfilled in history, currently being fulfilled

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Jesus spoke of a day of unequaled destruction and suffering
Bible prophecy: Matthew 24:21-22

O rly? Identify this day, as it keeps getting better and better from where I sit. Unless this is actually saying "The world will end." Join the "Every other religion ever made this prophecy" club.

Jerusalem will be trampled upon
Bible prophecy: Luke 21:23-24
Prophecy fulfilled: Currently being fulfilled

So non-jews will trample Jerusalem until the end times...yet here we are, State of Israel and its nukes.

All who believe in Jesus will be saved
Bible prophecy: John 3:16
Prophecy fulfilled: Currently being fulfilled

Maybe you should read the links you post. Demonstrate to me that everyone who believed in Jesus is in Heaven, right now.

Babylon's gates would open for Cyrus
Bible prophecy: Isaiah 45:1
Prophecy written: Between 701-681 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: 539 BC

In Isaiah 45:1, the prophet said God would open the gates of Babylon for Cyrus and his attacking army.

Just two sentences later:

Cyrus and his troops diverted the flow of the Euphrates River into a large lake basin. Cyrus then was able to march his army across the riverbed and into the city

Looks like God didn't do much there.

Babylon's kingdom would be overthrown, permanently
Bible prophecy: Isaiah 13:19
Prophecy written: Between 701-681 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: 539 BC

Like every other kingdom ever. Wow, tough one.

I didn't pick and choose, I went down the line. You got nothing, sir or ma'am. As you didn't type out even one, I'll stop my case here. Offer stands; you give me a DOCUMENTED prophecy that came true, not something easily written after the fact to reflect history, and I'll listen. I've been doing this for a while, and nobody's convinced me yet.

Edit to add: You find me a prophecy, and if I can't find a prophecy AT LEAST as impressive from another religion that's been fulfilled, we'll talk. Private message me if you want, but I'm done with this thread. Good luck with your salvation from without.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by '___'eviant]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. You bring a smile to my face.

Though I am not a believer (actually I'm an ex believer) you need not put me down as a foe. You have a right to believe as you wish and a right to look at only the evidence that supports that belief.

Maybe will will exchange ideas on another forum.

Enjoy your time here. Lots of subjects to explore. But beware, you could become addicted.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

You say...

"Jesus is the only way for salvation and to Heaven".

I say instead:

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to His disciples,
"These infants being suckled are like those who enter the
Kingdom."
They said to Him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the
Kingdom?"
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you
make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside,
and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the
female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the
female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye,
and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and
a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter [the
Kingdom]."

97) Jesus said, "The Kingdom of the [Father] is like a certain
woman who was carrying a jar full of meal. While she was walking
[on] a road, still some distance from home, the handle of the jar
broke and the meal emptied out behind her on the road. She did
not realize it; she had noticed no accident. When she reached her
house, she set the jar down and found it empty."

113) His disciples said to Him, "When will the Kingdom come?"
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will
not be a matter of saying 'Here it is' or 'There it is.' Rather,
the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men
do not see it."

-- www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.

I am a Christian also and hope the radical atheist don't cause you to leave the site.

We have radical Christians as well as radical atheist. I cannot relate to either group.

I would never put someone on my foe list because he was an atheist. That is totally ignorant. Do we hate those that don't think as we do? That is why we have wars and kill each other. I despise that attitude.

Is there any hope of our world having any type of peace if we are not tolerant of others beliefs?

I am so very happy that my atheist friends don't hate me because I love Jesus.

People need to grow up and learn how to get along with each other.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

When I picture jesus he's on stage with big golden wings, wearing jeans and a t-shirt and he's singing Skynyrd songs and I'm hammered drunk and we're partyin'.

'___'eviant - Is that Billy-Ray or Miley Cyrus?

link   
Some claim the prophecies were invented knowing the old testament or were never fulfilled. Let me share with you one prophecy which cannot have been invented and is certainly fulfilled.

The Messiah's heart is supposed to have burst.

The observers never inspected the heart however they did note that water and blood had come out of Jesus' side and said this is strange.

We now know this is only possible when the heart has ruptured and physiological processes causes a separation of blood, plasma and water.

The ancients had no such knowledge of anatomy cardiology or phlebotomy with which to have answered that prophecy in such detail and exactitude.

There are over 330 prophecies and as we learn more of the world those prophecies old Christ are revealed in even more miraculous ways.

link   
Some claim the prophecies were invented knowing the old testament or were never fulfilled. Let me share with you one prophecy which cannot have been invented and is certainly fulfilled.

The Messiah's heart is supposed to have burst.

The observers never inspected the heart however they did note that water and blood had come out of Jesus' side and said this is strange.

We now know this is only possible when the heart has ruptured and physiological processes causes a separation of blood, plasma and water.

The ancients had no such knowledge of anatomy cardiology or phlebotomy with which to have answered that prophecy in such detail and exactitude.

There are over 330 prophecies and as we learn more of the world those prophecies old Christ are revealed in even more miraculous ways.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
First let me prove that islam is false. Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet this He cannot lie. Jesus said He was God and the saviour, how do Muslims deny this? They claim the Christian Gospel is a false Gospel invented hundreds of years later and the real Gospel was revealed to Mohammed and the real Gospel foretold the coming of himself.

Wow, did you actually read this before you posted it? "Jesus is god cause the Bible says he was!" And a Muslim might say, "Jesus was a prophet cause the Qur'an says he was!" There's no basis for determining which of these is right and which wrong; you haven't actually said anything at all.

In fact, if we're going to judge based on holy books, the Qur'an would likely win. It is far more consistent and far more in line with modern science than the Bible.

Archaeology has proven that as early as 55AD Christians knew the Gospel we continue to hear today and by which we are saved. ...

Actually, there was a LOT of debate in the early church about Christ, his role, who he was, and a whole ton of other issues. You might be familiar with the Nicene Creed, which arose specifically BECAUSE there was a ton of debate, even almost 400 years after Christ!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am not an atheist or a christian or a muslim or a jew.
Welcome take this to the proper forum for some points.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

Not sure - the Bible says to watch the sky for signs - and I would suggest reading Daniel and Revelation - those two books are totally full of what's coming. But my guess is that the 2012 will play a huge part in the coming prophecies.

Strap on your crash helmets.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i respect your point of view but im with *IntastellaBurst*if i was born in china i would be a budhist more than likely...another thing that bothers me is how hateful ppl of religion can be regardless of what they believe....for instance a family that is cathlioc but they are races at the sametime ??? lol or the sucide bomb thinking there going to get 13 virgins in heaven lol im not sayin all,but im just saying,i could go on but you get the point

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Alright, one more before I go; I tried to research it quickly, and I couldn't find a single source for your claim. Here is a picture of separated blood: Blood!

Blood is a mixture of cells and a watery liquid, called plasma, that the cells float in. It also contains other things like nutrients (such as sugar), hormones, clotting agents, and waste products to be flushed out of the body.

Please direct me to this wonderful source which says I can get water out of blood by exploding a heart.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

No one knows when he will return. Only God knows.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Jesus Christ spoke with the authority of God. When the Pharisees called Him out for this He said He is who they accuse him of saying He is. God. 1John 5:7 clearly shows the nature of trinity.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Presumably Miley. She has much greater potential for destruction than daddy could ever hope to have.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

That brings up yet another point - why do non believers always think that Christians are their secretaries here to convince them of anything?

Fyi - I'm not here to convince you, or anyone else for that matter. I'm here to share and discuss my beliefs. And if my beliefs don't coincide with yours, I'll still sleep ok tonight, my friend.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join