It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

How can anything be made, unless there is a Maker.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

In the prophecies it says that Christians will lose their lives because of their faith, and some will be beheaded.

If you think the beheading part is far fetched, check THIS out........ and that is in Georgia, Usa.

Scary.

If you are truly interested, get a King James Bible and read Daniel, and Revelation - both of those books have very detailed information on what is coming upon us in the future.
Or you can read it online........... HERE

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

What are you talking about? Generations have nothing to do with the 70 weeks prophecy.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Eh, there is that word again... persecution. HOW are christians being persecuted? I haven't heard anything about lions being brought out again or anything.

BTW, not that I agree with any group getting special treatment -- good or bad -- but I don't hear any christians apologizing for the way they treat homosexuals.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No problem. I figured it would be a good thing to sorta explain since it was alluded to but not explained. The whole 70 weeks thing is really interesting.

link   

NoMoreCruelty, I have read the bible. I was raised Southern Baptist. I don't believe the bible, though, so reading it means nothing to me.

link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

The quotes claimed in the video are documented with hard copy proof. Letters, bills, journals, etc.

I can't comment on your quotes as I don't know the source.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Israel became a nation in 1948 - to which the Bible says that generation, the 1948 generation, will see the end days come to pass.

The Bible mentions a 40, 70 and a 120 year 'generation' time frame. A generation, or lifespan, was different back in those days than it is now.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That is a good point.
You see that is not being humble, which is a good quality. As Jesus pointed out We will be known by the fruit that we produce. To be cocky about something is never good. You are on your own journey that is free will. You make up your mind what to believe and what not to believe. But to find the truth you have to search for it. Just like science. When your journey is done maybe you will know the truth or maybe you will not. But never stop searching for there all always people who want to hold you back because they don't believe the way you do.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Persecution is the silencing of the Gospel by any means. That is precisely what the homosexual agenda in Britain is doing. They are starting their evil work in the North East US as well. Whether censorship or by imprisonment as in Britain and Ireland or "Lions".

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Did you stop believing because.............? Why did you stop believing?

Was it because, like most, they didn't like the idea of being told what to do and that they don't like the idea of being held accountable for their decisions and actions?

Or maybe someone close to you died and you are angry with God?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

And thats what love is all about.

link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by rubbertramp

The quotes claimed in the video are documented with hard copy proof. Letters, bills, journals, etc.

I can't comment on your quotes as I don't know the source.

ok, you've just convinced me that you are not at all interested in a conversation, and only interested in preaching your beliefs.

here is the first quote.

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" --- John Adams, letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816

now, if it referencing a letter is not easily searchable, than i can not discuss this with you.
appreciate your honesty about a lack of interest in a conversation that goes both ways.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

link   

HOW are christians being persecuted?

Christians in the west really aren't being persecuted, as some say we are. But, in other parts of the world, Christians really are being persecuted. The "10-40 Window" and China are the worst. There are people killed there simply for being Christian, so the church is pushed underground.

Here, where I live in Germany, there is a small Bible college. There were two students that went to do a summer internship at a hospital in Yemen because they were nurses and they wanted to help a hospital there. They didn't go as missionaries, just as nurses. One day, the two girls and some others decided to go on a picnic. While they were out, all nine of them were kidnapped by some unknown people [suspected Islamic militants] because one of the guys that they were with was known to be a Christian [he was previously told to leave Yemen or die. He didn't leave because he was a doctor at the hospital]. The nine of them were later killed, simply for being followers of Christ.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Okay, but that still has nothing to do with the seventy weeks, prophecy.

link   

Oh, no! Not the big scary homosexuals!!! I told you about putting me on your foe list, right? At least this thread got moved to an appropriate forum.

link   
Why do people think Christians are supposed to be all accepting of sins though?

We are to love the sinner, not the sin - so I'm not going to go out of my way to harm a gay person, but then again, I'm also not going to sit back while they try to push their sinful propaganda into our schools or onto our children or society.

Just because Christians won't tolerate gays does not mean they are being 'hateful' or 'mean'. Unless you subscribe to a belief that we are supposed to tip toe around trying not to hurt their feelings by expressing our feelings?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

But it cannot be ended. It is by each and every individual soul to determine their own fate. Remember all things work to the greater glory of God. I want to be shown compassion, therefore i must show compassion. I want to be forgiven, therefore i must forgive. Remember Stephen. While he was being stoned to death, he yet had compassion for his killers. That is also what we must do. Be in the world, but not of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

China is a bad place for a Christian, I agree - sad story you shared though.

But in America, they have taken God and prayer out of schools, they are trying to push in homosexual propaganda, and there is a huge atheist movement stirring -

Need I remind anyone how barry soetero made them cover the cross up before he spoke at the college?

It is only just beginning here but it is out there and will get worse as we go along.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Evangelical, by your definition, I am persecuted all the time for my personal beliefs. I simply accept it as being a non-christian in the american bible belt. *shrug* Personally, I think the whole homosexual thing is all centered around the fact that government is involved in marriage. Fix that and everyone can believe and do what they want without "persecution". Well, except that some christians want to believe that gays don't exist, I guess. If you want a christian only education for your kids, send them to a christian private school, just as I would send mine to a pagan private school if I actually felt like my kids were more influenced by their teachers than by their parents.

NoMore,
My reasons for not being Christian anymore are a bit in depth and not suitable for a detailed discussion here. In a nutshell, I could not reconcile the hypocrisy and inconsistencies in the religion. I could not with good conscience say I believed in it anymore especially since it never rang true to me in the first place. The only reason I was ever a Christian in the first place was because my parents were Christian. That simply isn't a good enough reason to decide on a religion. I have since taken my own spiritual journey and come to my own conclusions about the nature of existence that work well for me in my life.

[edit on 7-14-2009 by rogerstigers]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join