It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple with 16 kids murdered in FL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Couple with 16 kids murdered in FL

www.msnbc.msn.com

It's a crime authorities say is shocking the community. A prominent Pensacola couple, known for their outreach to kids with special needs was murdered inside their home during an apparent home invasion. It happened on Mobile Highway in the Beulah community. Authorities say Byrd and Melanie Billings were shot multiple times; eight of their children were home at the time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com
www.nydailynews.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is absolutely horrible! I heard about this the other day and didnt see an article on it so I wanted to post it.
These people were well respected members of their community and very well known. They had 16 kids and about 12 were adopted. Many had special needs from autism to down syndrome. From reading the article it seems Mr. Billings owned or was associated with a few different businesses from pawn shops, car dealerships to even financial companies. It seems the motive was robbery and none of the 8 kids in the home were harmed.
I did see today on the news that they have video from outside the Billings home that shows a red van and a few people dressed in black outfits evidently enter the home through an unlocked door. The news also said that it seems the people involved may have known the couple. If I find the videos online I will post them on here. They say as many as 8 people were behind the killings, 3 have currently been arrested....horrible!
This is just a horrible thing to have happen to such wonderful people. They took in special needs kids and helped out their community. I have worked with special needs kids and this will affect them in ways most would not understand. I feel so bad for those kids and the family of the Billings. My heart goes out to them.
IMO every single person involved should be in prison for life without parole.

I have posted other links to various updates.

Here is a picture of the family
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1180d57695f.jpg[/atsimg]

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here is a link to the Pensacola News Journal with pictures and a more detailed account of what may have happened and how.
www.pnj.com...

[edit on 7/13/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Awww this is absolutely terrible. I hope they catch the rest of those responsible. Those poor kids too.....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah...update from local news here in Orlando..they have 3 in custody and are looking for a total of 8 people that were involved. The motive so far seems to be robbery. Definatley a sensless and tragic crime.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Yeah...update from local news here in Orlando..they have 3 in custody and are looking for a total of 8 people that were involved. The motive so far seems to be robbery. Definatley a sensless and tragic crime.

Hey I am 45 mins from you!!

I have posted links to those updates you mentioned in the OP.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ahh a fellow central floridian....yeah they have been saturating the story here in O-town. Sorry didn't read the link.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Ahh a fellow central floridian....yeah they have been saturating the story here in O-town. Sorry didn't read the link.

Yup I am in Cocoa area

Yeah I have been watching on news 13 for the last couple days.

That's ok...I did post a lot of links sorry..lol

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That's very sad and may those good people rest in peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah between 13, 2, 6, and 9 it gets a bit much. Especially when 13 runs the story every 15 minutes.lol Either way it is really sad and tragic. i have a feeling the community will step up to help out though. Hopefully DCF doesn't try to 'help'.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Authorities say Byrd and Melanie Billings were shot multiple times; eight of their children were home at the time.

This story is proof positive there is real evil in this out-of-control world.
We got some real heartless, scumbag mofos out there.
Parden my real potty talk. This makes me real disgusted. Really.

P.S. My brother is in orlando! Nice to meet you all! S & F

[edit on 13-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I was going to post something snippy about population control but that's awful.

They didn't deserve that. You'd think they'd have enough karma stored up to defeat anything...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Its prolly a good thing.
While you know I advocate for some kind of pop control,
these people were the real deal.

12 of the kids were adopted.
Maybe if more people cared and adopted instead of procreated,
the world would be a slightly better place.

I am sad to hear this news and I am right now a little choked up.
Thanks for not being snippy ravenshadow, I appreciate it.
We need more caring people in the world and less scumbags. IMO

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Authorities say Byrd and Melanie Billings were shot multiple times; eight of their children were home at the time.

This story is proof positive there is real evil in this out-of-control world.
We got some real heartless, scumbag mofos out there.
Parden my real potty talk. This makes me real disgusted. Really.

P.S. My brother is in orlando! Nice to meet you all! S & F

Yup real evil is right! It seems it was planned too. I guarantee no jury will be easy with these filthy criminals..(couldnt say what I really wanted due to T&C!)

Thanks for the reply...

When I saw this on the news it made me cry for those kids. Like I said I worked with special needs kids and omg I wouldnt want to be the one to tell them or have to explain to them what happened. I worked with an autistic boy who is now 16 or so and for years he use to ask for me (my mother worked at the same school so she would tell me) and get very upset that I wasnt around. I moved jobs and had to leave. It broke my heart to find out he was asking for me. He was really attached to me when I worked with him and I wont lie but he was my favorite. I visited the school he was at years ago before he moved out of state and his eyes lit right up, made me cry I tell you.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I agree we need more people like this in the world! I have no problem adopting kids even ones with special needs. I have even though of having one of my own and adopting another.
I did cry when I saw this on the news and then I was immediately angry.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I cant find a link for it but on Campbell (CNN) tonight she was saying there were at least 5 abc agencies involved in this case. I know she said FBI and ATF but I missed the rest of them, I have been trying to find a link to back it up but havent found anything yet. With all of those agencies involved i dont think this is a simple case and we may find out some crazy stuff soon (which is what the main article kinda inferred)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
I cant find a link for it but on Campbell (CNN) tonight she was saying there were at least 5 abc agencies involved in this case. I know she said FBI and ATF but I missed the rest of them, I have been trying to find a link to back it up but havent found anything yet. With all of those agencies involved i dont think this is a simple case and we may find out some crazy stuff soon (which is what the main article kinda inferred)

Oh I know. I was watching the news last night and it seems it was planned out. I am sure it will all come out soon I hope. I cant believe as many as 8 people were involved. They said they were in and out within 10 mins. I havent heard if they took anything from the house or not. If it was robbery then they would have taken stuff from the home but it hasnt been mentioned that I have seen.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I take martial arts in Pensacola. My instructor actually knew one of the fellows involved in this, shook him a bit.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just curious as to why my thread, which was started first, was moved to BTS and yet the two other threads started AFTER mine stay and are on ATS?? Explain someone, I dont get it.

new topics

top topics

join