It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you where told by an alien or something divine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What if you where told by an alien or the divine that you where the antichrist. Well ATS take it easy on me its my first thread, but if someone was the antichrist i think they would be told in someway that it was the antichrist. But then again i wouldnt be to surprised if an alien told the antichrist he/she was the antichrist. Well ATS have fun with this one and be kind.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I apologise for my ignorance but...

What exactly is an 'antichrist'?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If I thought and Alien or a Supreme Being was talking to me I would get my head examined as soon as humanely possible.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
If I thought and Alien or a Supreme Being was talking to me I would get my head examined as soon as humanely possible.

From my experience, no you wouldn't. If a supreme being was talking to you, then they will be giving you understanding rather than dogma and authority.

However, when it happened to me I did think I was going crazy for sure. It took a bit of time and much understanding etc before I really accepted it. At first it was like woah, I'm going crazy. But then you get subtle reinforcements and you just kind of accept it.

But it's not like I hear voices all the time or anything like that. I personally just had a vision and was given understanding. And if I started hearing dogs(or anything) telling me to kill people and such, think I'd take you up on that advice.

I think I would be happy if I were "the" anti-christ. Because that would mean I am the worlds worse, and I could work at trying to fix that. And if me being the worlds worse could fix my errors, then anyone could. Course, it would be kind of hard for me to be the anti-christ, as I refuse to take positions of authority.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Lol! The OP did ask you to be kind...!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by qubix

There are two answers. The first is general. According to 1 John, "antichrist" is anyone who opposes Christ. Usually though, when someone speaks of "antichrist", they're usually speaking of a certain individual--the Antichrist--who is spoken of as coming at the end of time, during the Tribulation period, who will end up being a world dictator. He is also referred throughout the Bible by some 31 names, for example, "The Assyrian", "The Beast", and "The Lawless One".

reply to post by Mr. rock

but if someone was the antichrist i think they would be told in someway that it was the antichrist.

I don't know about this. The Bible speaks of the Antichrist coming to a whole end. If I were he, and I was told before hand, I know that I wouldn't want the Lake of Fire to be awaiting me--I'd make sure that I'd steer clear of that doomed path! Then again, the Antichrist is said to be so evil and prideful, that perhaps, even if he was told that he was the Antichrist, and he saw what would happen to him, according to the Scripture, he would think that it would be possible to beat God.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
thank you guys for posting and the antichrist is in wikipedia definition.The Antichrist, according to Christianity, is one who fulfills Biblical prophecies concerning an adversary of Christ while resembling him in a deceptive manner.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I would immediately start looking for a good location for my lair, because every super villian, and the antichrist would be the ultimate super villian, has to have a super secret lair. Then I would immediately begin to figure out a way to put lasers on dolphins!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/788d64f3a7e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Or, most likely, I'd get ahold of grapes to get the number of a good head shrinker! Probably a side effect from all the partying in the 80's!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hmm, well Aleister Crowley's parents, who were of the strict Puritan sect of the Plymouth Brethren called "The Exclusive Brethren", often told Crowley he was the Great Beast. Over time, as various praeternatural communications confirmed that he was the Great Beast mentioned in the Revelation of St. John, he carried on just as he always did. Over time, as he grew and gained life experience, knowledge and wisdom, this integral belief to his own personal mythology never faltered, however his definition of what the Great Beast represented did.

In the end, did Aleister Crowley, being called the Great Beast, fulfill the Christian Prophecies of the Revelation of St. John? No! However, in the end, he came to consider himself a Harbinger of Change, a face of Horus, who heralded in a New Aeon rather than the Lapdog of Satan that most Christians would associate the title of the Great Beast or Antichrist to denote.

I'm not sure the statistics of how many people have claimed to be the Antichrist in the past 1600+ years, but I know that there are approximately 500 people every year who claim to be the reincarnation of Aleister Crowley. Heaven knows that the Revelation of St. John is far more popular than Crowley ever was, so I would suspect that number to be significantly higher for those claiming to be the Antichrist every year.

So, be rest assured that you are not alone in being told that you are the Antichrist. Now, the big question is, what are you going to do with that knowledge? How can you use that knowledge to achieve your Higher Will, your Divine Purpose, or God's Plan, or Dharma (pick the verbage that best fits your religious beliefs)? That's really the big question...which ultimately is one that only you can answer for yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by qubix

Thats to stupidly funny to get mad at just dont try to be an a hole on this but if you are you will only find death and trust me there is alot of brutality from me if i catch you being mean. hopefully i dont get in trouble for posting this.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by qubix

There are two answers. The first is general. According to 1 John, "antichrist" is anyone who opposes Christ. Usually though, when someone speaks of "antichrist", they're usually speaking of a certain individual--the Antichrist--who is spoken of as coming at the end of time, during the Tribulation period, who will end up being a world dictator. He is also referred throughout the Bible by some 31 names, for example, "The Assyrian", "The Beast", and "The Lawless One".

but if someone was the antichrist i think they would be told in someway that it was the antichrist.

I don't know about this. The Bible speaks of the Antichrist coming to a whole end. If I were he, and I was told before hand, I know that I wouldn't want the Lake of Fire to be awaiting me--I'd make sure that I'd steer clear of that doomed path! Then again, the Antichrist is said to be so evil and prideful, that perhaps, even if he was told that he was the Antichrist, and he saw what would happen to him, according to the Scripture, he would think that it would be possible to beat God.

So, according to the 'scripture' above, the 'antichrist' is an "evil and prideful" entity...

but, the Greek meaning is 'against the messiah'?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. rock
reply to post by qubix

Thats to stupidly funny to get mad at just dont try to be an a hole on this but if you are you will only find death and trust me there is alot of brutality from me if i catch you being mean. hopefully i dont get in trouble for posting this.

You are a obviously a virtuous example of ATS's purpose...

It's good that posters can discuss issues openly with regards to religion whether they be from a myopic or an unrestrictive viewpoint...

And, ideally, without threat, unlike yours...!

[edit on 13/7/2009 by qubix]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by qubix

Hey i dont like your tone but your lucky you use big words like virtuous

but seriously was that a complament. if so thank you i try to be it. and to let anyone know im a pessimist and this site i turn to because my friends are dumb as nuts and you people i turn to for knowledge.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I would laugh manically and learn to awaken my 'super antichrist powers' so that I may take over the universe.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

If i was the antichrist i would tell the world it will destroy itself. I would then build a lair as someone else said after robbing banks and would use aggresive force to stop the world from destroying itself by taking up a war. the money i would steal from the banks would use it on parts and would higher scientists or kidnap them to build technology far ahead of this time and would help the world save itself and would lead the world as a king without secrets where everything was fair and drugs where legal
for my reasons and would hopefully colonize many worlds. And then die as the most important figure in human history as the man that saved humans from destruction and brought peace and a new order and new saga in human life.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. rock
What if you where told by an alien or the divine that you where the antichrist. Well ATS take it easy on me its my first thread, but if someone was the antichrist i think they would be told in someway that it was the antichrist. But then again i wouldnt be to surprised if an alien told the antichrist he/she was the antichrist. Well ATS have fun with this one and be kind.

If I were told by the divine that I was the antichrist, I would believe them and trust their judgment in choosing me. Yeah I know that eternal hell would be waiting for me, but somebody's got to do it and I personally couldn't think of anybody more suitable.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I assume if someone alien or any one else said I was Christ or the anti-christ, I would expect a pay raise. Short of that I'd laugh in thier face. If I was a God, why am I still paying taxes? I would start with a hundred questions, and then ask a million more...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, the first order of business would be to FINally open up all the govermental UFO/EBE disclosure documents and films.

Then, I think I'd spontaneously grow long hair again, and fondle it.

Then later, I could screw up the whole master plan by curing all diseases and quashing world hunger.

Then I'd have about 13 big macs for dinner (with fries).

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't think that you would be told you are the anti-christ. In fact, with all roads to hell paved in gold, you would be convinced otherwise.

Who would honestly believe that they were evil through and through?

You would be convinced that what you are doing is right, for the greater good, and that your actions are needed to ensure peace.

Look at it this way: would Anakin have become Darth Vadar if he knew how dark he would become? No... he fell that way, fed by lies, in order to do what he thought was good.

And that's exactly how I would see someone becoming the anti-christ... through good intent.

top topics

join