It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing event with large object on SOHO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I just watched the latest video stream on the SOHO website from the blue LASCO 3 camera and was totally stunned. The large object that has come into view from the right side of the screen in recent days, which I and others thought was one of the inner planets passing in front of the sun, just reacted with the large plasma stream from the sun and moved towards it. It is amazing to watch, as the object gets close you can see a beam of light come from the object and connect with the stream and then the object changes direction towards the stream. If someone can post the video before it gets canned it would be much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The object is the planet Mercury. The "plasma stream" is part of the SOHO camera, it is the support for the chronograph disk which obscures the Sun. The "beam" is the result of oversaturation of the sensor and appears whenever a bright object appears. The object does not change course. The video will not be "canned" you can retrieve it and all of the images every taken here:
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Phage]

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe this is what you are talking about? I uploaded it to the media portal, so it's archived you could say, until the NSA shuts down ATS that is.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Beware: 6.6 MB for those with slow connections, and beware the whole thing has to download to your system before you will see the object go all the way over.

[edit on Mon Jul 13th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Boy that was quick, straight away someone has got to get on the shoot you down in flames band wagon, I might be a bit ignorant when it comes to SOHO but if that is the support why can you see so many object pass in front of it, and why dont you see a support in the red lasco 2 images, and I am sorry but that object does appear to change coarse. Also I was not trying to distort anything.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have to agree with phage as well. I believe someone else posted a thread about the sun recently, and that question "What is that off to the right?" came up.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I apolagise, it looks like I was wrong, i checked it frame by frame and could not see anything pass in front of the support. But while looking at it frame by frame did anyone else notice the large object that appears in the bottom left corner at around 19:00 hours on the 10/07/09. Also it is quite incredible how many objects appear in each frame of the lasco 2 and 3 images and videos some of them quite large and saucer shaped. I remember several years ago reading in the West Australian newspaper that when they started SOHO they where seeing so many UFO's it was like a super highway, and after watching these images frame by frame I can see what they mean.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by west aussie

This might help explain some of the odd looking things that appear on images from SOHO.
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by west aussie

I'v seen some weard things on soho i cannot explain them here is one of them can someone tell me what it is please.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join