It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bike which you power by pedalling

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just seen this on news this is cool i want one.




A Berlin inventor has come up with an electric bike which you power by pedalling that can reach speeds of 50 mph.

From news.bbc.co.uk...
What do you think of it?
THANKYOU




posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That's pretty awesome! Hopefully comes with a decent price tag, would be ideal for city commuters.
More than likely the government will invent something to tax it on!!



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I could imagin it will be expensive when it first comes out but the price will drop eventually.
Better than the moped anyday.
THANKYOU



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Looks like a cool invention.

It also seems to defy the laws of physics.

The report is very short on detail (another BBC wow! looks this whiz bang gadget! report) and doesn't explain the principle behind the "amplifies your pedalling effort by 50 times" bit of info.

I'm betting there are some batteries hidden in there somewhere.

BTW I also have a bike which you power by pedalling that I am more than capable of reaching a cruising speed of over 30km/hr and it didn't cost me forty grand. Forty grand?

.



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The article says it amplifies the effort you put in by 50 times.

Right - now why don't we apply this same methodology to power generators then?

With 2% of power returned to the driving mechanism - the other 98% of the energy can be used to supply power to the grid ...

Well - if its true then free power is already here - if its not true then it's a fairly lame joke.

Pedal powered bicycle indeed.



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Very very cool.

Hoping the prices drop dramatically though.



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Do you think they would let me in the Tour de France with that?

Awesome bike.



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You only pedal to adjust the speed, not to power the bike.

He said he wanted to install it into lorries so drivers could get fit by pedalling. Call me a cynic, but i don't see how a 30stone lorry driver can provide enough power to move a lorry.

It sounds like a battery pack and power regulator, so the pedals are meshed in with some kind of potentiometer.

£40k, i'll stick with my car thanks.



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Put me down for two! Our future lies in the hands of guys like this and not in the hands of the govt who is out to control every industry and free thought in the country.

Cheers!!!!



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


As with anything electric, your just pushing the pollution higher up in the food chain back to coal stations et al.

Only real change will come from hydrogen fuel cells and deuterium manufacturing; hence the need to colonise and mine the moon...if the aliens let us.



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Seems to me like it would be more distracting for the operator especially at high speeds.

I think it would be great at a lower speed for long distance cyclist to give your legs a rest without stopping and cramping up.



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What do you make of this scienceshareware.com... do you think something like this could be inside.
THANKYOU



posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
wouldn't be surprised to find some Schauberger tech in there



posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
that is brilliant!!! way too expensive for what it is, but the idea of it just rips! kudos for the pedal power.

can't wait to see the future of this. i want one NOW!



posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
$40,000


Little on the costly side, by my wallet.



posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Of course this bike doesn't defy the laws of physics...

it has a 2.9kWh Lithium Ion Nanophosphate battery.

The engine has a power of 8kW,a torque of 75Nm and speeds up to 80km/h.

The bike weights 110kg and you can ride for 60 to 80 km with one charge.



posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Definitely thinking in the right direction. Looks like it could be lightened up quite a bit which would make it even more efficient. Seems pretty fun too, you'd feel like Lance on the hills.



new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join