It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs: record number of sightings forecast for 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

UFOs: record number of sightings forecast for 2009

www.telegraph.co.uk< br />

A record number of UFOs are expected to be spotted this year in Britain after hundreds of sightings were reported in the first six months of 2009. Strange floating orbs and unexplained hovering objects have all been recorded and reported to the Ministry of Defence in the last six months.

A total of 231 sightings of unidentified flying objects have been passed on to the MoD so far this year, according to The Sun.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Very interesting article. It seems as if there are going to be "wave" sightings once again. As in the article one wonders if this is due to the fact that more and more people are carrying digital cameras and picture phones, or are there just more sightings? I certainly hope some more "solid" evidence will appear.

www.telegraph.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
They're just weather balloons!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. I'm curious as to why a lot of these sightings are taking place in the UK?

I have never personally seen an UFO but I follow my intuition that tells me that there's something/someone out there. It's important to have an open mind about the universe.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

It is because it is a British Newspaper. UFOs are a global issue and every country has more or less reports because of the mentality of the press. There are indeed more sightings because of the digital camera age, but also because UFO sightings come in waves and recently we had already several waves.

Can anyone of you provide us with a list of sightings sorted by date?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is the most interesting quote from The Sun article;

But the spokesman added the MoD remained "open-minded" about the existence of alien life.

The Sun

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The funny thing is that those are only reported sightings.I bet just as many go unreported.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Common sighting seems to be a single orange light, moving silently. I witnessed a solid orange light travelling at a constant altitude at around 11:20pm last week. I thought it was the local police helicopter at first because of the low altitude and speed but when it flew by it was silent, i watched it fly between the valley on to the next town. I have a past career where I was exposed to aircraft mainly military, so like to think I would be able to recognise a known aircraft or chinese lattern

10 minutes after my sighting I then saw a constant bright white light at very high altitude track from west to east among the stars, now I guess this to be either the ISS as it kept a constant heading and speed.

Maybe its some new aircraft being flown at night, coming over from the US, I live near a US airbase down south in the UK, and thats the direction it was heading.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I sure do hope so co i'd like to see one.... i've seen, felt and heard other mysterious things but never seen a UFO.... mind you i don't look up in the sky when i walk around!

They are here and they mean no harm!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Wait a minute...

They are predicting UFO sightings now? Does anyone find it odd that they are predicting UFO sightings? What are they basing this on?

Well Ian, sun spot activity will cause an increase in solar flares igniting the aurora borealis lights much more intently.

Yes Frasier, this will of course peak the curiosity of the grays who will undoubtedly arrive in more substantial numbers this year starting in August.

They will be right on time for the Salisbury Renascence fair Ian.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
I'm not surprised. I'm curious as to why a lot of these sightings are taking place in the UK?

Perhaps its due to the unusually large number of icbm's being delivered to the U.K. from the beginning of 2008 then again i could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

The MoD has always been open to that possibility, more so than the US DoD. In fact most countries I know of are more open to that possibility than the USA.

top topics

join