It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illusions seeing behind the mask of reality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
reply to post by ShiningWolf

Heres an idea..
For you its probably your thumbnail.. and for me its probably my thumbnail.

A subjective reality? lol

Subjective retro reality even

Could almost twist ones mind as much as trying to work out the probability of the time paradox created in the Terminator.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

ah yes they live that was a good film, other ones that could entwine with this theory are 12 monkeys, donny darko perhaps even The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (very old one), that last one deals with mainly the dimensional side of this, but *if* this reality is false perhaps we simply reside on the lower tier of many dimensions and when we *wake* up we ascend to another dimension.

When i first wrote this out i initially thought hell this is so far-fetched and i wouldnt get many responses or ones saying that i was the disolousional one its refreshing to see that many people have questioned the same things i have and have also wondered *what if*

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

sometimes we have to be careful of stepping between what we think is reality or not especially with the use of certain drugs (prescription and non prescription), at times it can be hard to differentiate between a made up reality by trick of the eyes and they theory i suggested. Its interesting that you started questioning things after a car crash perhaps in a sence you started to *see* behind the veil that is in front of us and are getting that your here but not here feeling.

again i cant ascertain between a prescription induced state to a natural one, but at the end of the day i wouldn't be so bold as to tell you what you think or intuitively feel is wrong, perhaps we shall learn the same journey together.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Great thread and some brilliant posts, nature of reality is the peak of conspiracy theory. The Big Kahuna, the grand secret.

Altered states ( I am very familiar with some of the substances mentioned thus far ) really have to be experienced to be believed.

Once you return you know in the core of your being that the waking reality is artificial.
In altered states I was shown that we repeat our lives continously, all instances if time exist forever and replay forever. The computational aspect of it for me ( this is Hermatic law, as above so below, humans who themselves are like programs and software in the mind of the most high seek to copy god, notice how cities look like circuit boards, god made man in his own image, artificial intelligence is just a patter repeating itself ) is more about the recording aspect of the higher self.
The concept of a matrix is not new and its found in the mythology and history of many varied cultures. The Vedic texts identified it as the Maya, world of illusion.

I will now try to explain Deja-Vu as I see it. In essence we are like a division of our higher selves, which are a division of the true god.
This compartmentalisation is needed to gain experience as a soul and also some are stuck in the re-incarnation cycle.
When we die our consciousness may change so that time perception extends exponantially, every second takes twice as long as the last. At this point our higher selves give us a debriefing of sorts and start replaying our lives again. Its like a highly interactive recording on a cycle. This is the reasoning behind the phenomenon of "my life flashed before my eyes", as it is sort of a reflex reaction, the higher self accidently sets the recording to play again and realising its mistake, fast forwards the recording.
It also explains these instances where we say, "I should have died", but by some miraculous means it just didnt happen.
In the same way deja-vu is simply recognising what we have been through probably thousands of times already.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It isn't that far-fetched. We already know our limits, our 5 senses. We can not experience outside of those, but we also are aware of things beyond our 5 senses. For example the colors we can't see with our eyes.

We can still be spiritual beings and only playing a part in a movie so that we might learn a lesson. I honestly believe my purpose here is to exist & experience everything that happens to me and that I'm not in control of those events although I can influence different aspects of them, but I normally just go with the flow and accept things as they come, take opportunities when they arise.

As for a virtual reality? Maybe.. but not in the concepts our limited selves could comprehend fully.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

You did leave out "The hitchhikers guide to the universe"
In the movie the whole point of human beings existing is to solve the ultimate question to fit the ultimate answer. Earth is a program.

Take a hypothetical scenario here. Could come true in a way.

A new form of hardware is created with software that allows a user to experience a completely artificial but lifelike reality. The game has multiple endings and before you pick the life your going to live you choose you skills etc like any other rpg only you forget who you are to make the experience even more realistic. You can enable cheats that make you invincible, have unlimited skills, remember who you are etc if you choose.

I do not know if you are a gamer but if you are you might be able to relate to this point. How long does it take when playing a game with cheats enabled before you get bored and turn it off because it does not challenge you?

Playing the game without cheats makes you better at the next similar game you will be playing later because you learn from the mistakes you make.

Theres a reason we do not fully understand why we are here. There are many clues but when it comes to complete understanding of purpose we still do not know.

It would ruin the game of life that is a path of knowledge because you would know every answer. No point in playing then is there?

Maybe the truth really does set you free, The whole truth that is.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
reply to post by Deaf Alien

maybe this is why our *reality* is breaking down, and we have so many people who are starting to awaken spiritually and notice more more around them.

I also wanted to make a comment on this one part. I found this just yesterday actually here on ATS and it's an interpretation of something Jesus said.

Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the all"

This passage means that when someone finds or learns new information, it goes against the person's programming or map of reality that they have. The old map of reality breaks down and this makes the person troubled, but then a new map of reality emerges, which is superior to the old one, and the person is able to see reality in a much better way than before. This is an experience that many seekers have gone through in order to evolve into a higher state of mind.

This goes along with what you were saying. Maybe humanity as a whole is start to realize some ugly truths and the first thing that happens is rejection, we don't want to accept it and we feel pain for having known. Then we accept and a new reality starts to emerge and it eventually becomes a better one than the last.

I have personally went through this before in my own life and I'm sure other can say the same. I think it's a good indication you are on the right track.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

i like your analogy there and yea im a gamer so understand what you mean, its like when you start up a game of WoW, you pick all these things for your character and learn and adapt as you go along.

I was speaking to someone the other day about this theory i believe it was DeafAlien and he mentioned that in the short term the scenarios i mentioned theoretically work BUT in the long term its not plausible, in a way he sort of has a point BUT what if that is what the problem is now and thats why so many people are becoming more and more aware, the initial software (so to speak)is malfunctioning allowing more people to *see* the true reality or more people to *sense* other things around them.

If you wanted to take this concept further and truly think out with the box, you could maybe take into account crop circles, more alien sightings , the increases doomsday scenarios, perhaps this is a way that shows either the 2 reality's beginning to merge or it truly is a sign from people in the true realm trying to help us be more aware and *wake* up so to speak, warning that everything is not what it seems. ( similar in theory to the matrix lot who traveled between the matrix and the true reality helping people who had become more aware)

[edit on 013131p://02071 by ronishia]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue

This goes along with what you were saying. Maybe humanity as a whole is start to realize some ugly truths and the first thing that happens is rejection, we don't want to accept it and we feel pain for having known. Then we accept and a new reality starts to emerge and it eventually becomes a better one than the last.

I have personally went through this before in my own life and I'm sure other can say the same. I think it's a good indication you are on the right track.

i do belive that many more people are starting to *wake up* and truly see what surrounds them everyday and more and more people are questioning things and yes alot of people cant handle the truth and go back into themselves perhaps it is people like them that are just not ready to truly *see*, there time will come one day just not now.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

i like your analogy there and yea im a gamer so understand what you mean, its like when you start up a game of WoW, you pick all these things for your character and learn and adapt as you go along.

I was speaking to someone the other day about this theory i believe it was DeafAlien and he mentioned that in the short term the scenarios i mentioned theoretically work BUT in the long term its not plausible, in a way he sort of has a point BUT what if that is what the problem is now and thats why so many people are becoming more and more aware, the initial software (so to speak)is malfunctioning allowing more people to *see* the true reality or more people to *sense* other things around them.

If you wanted to take this concept further and truly think out with the box, you could maybe take into account crop circles, more alien sightings , the increases doomsday scenarios, perhaps this is a way that shows either the 2 reality's beginning to merge or it truly is a sign from people in the true realm trying to help us be more aware and *wake* up so to speak, warning that everything is not what it seems. ( similar in theory to the matrix lot who traveled between the matrix and the true reality helping people who had become more aware)

I tend to come from another side of the fence.

Every story has a climax before it ends.

Cant think of a better way to put it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Thats very true, everything has to end but at the same time i believe nothing truly ends, it evolves into something more and the story starts over again.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
..."Reality" is (generally) by consensus... A majority agree that a reality

or senario is "true"... This is the status quo... Now, some will go very far

to "filter" event into their status quo... Of course they will even lie and

manipulate to shoehorn events into their status quo...

...So if say "God" is real, yet the status quo suggest that it is mearly a

concept or even a myth... then, a majority could be living a

"non-reality... Yet... they would be blissfully oblivious of that "fact"

To paraphrase John lilly fromProgramming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer

"What you believe to be true, is true, or becomes true, within limits to be explored experimentally"

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Thats very true, everything has to end but at the same time i believe nothing truly ends, it evolves into something more and the story starts over again.

Dont get me wrong I do think like anything else. Theres always a second book if the first is a success.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

I wrote a thread on slightly similar subject earlier in the year. I posted this after trying to look at things logically and answering them with the questions we ask as well. I am now a christian for my own reasons but this was something I wrote prior to that and in some ways when it comes to humanities destiny explained entirely, for what of a better word, there is still no complete answer of what this would be like until after we die in my opinion.

Have a read if you like. Im interested to see what you think.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

ah excellent i shall go and have a look and post in it aswell

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

It's rather simple really. All the metaphors and whatnot that you are talking about can be found in the first Matrix movie.

We are conditioned from birth to conform into this "reality", but this reality is formulated upon lies. You have to understand that even the tiniest of lies is part of the problem. We have to do these little "white lies" daily because the bigger lies, that we are surrounded by 24/7, will not allow us to be 110% completely honest with ourselves or with others. True and honest people do not last long in this "reality". They have to adapt or they will perish mentally and physically.

Unfortunately we have to journey through this reality/matrix in order to really understand it and master it. Just like Neo and others, you can manipulate things inside this reality/matrix once you understand it.

Once you realize that you can do absolutely anything you set your mind to and have no fear of death is when the matrix/reality does not have you.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
To add here
The ancient and long standing reality found by many meditators and mystics for millenia, to include the Hindu's and Taoists and more deeply explored in Buddhist experience here below is a quote from the Dalai Lama on his experience of meditating and contemplating the deep nature of "Emptiness" or the void as sometimes called. This is the understanding that nothing really exists as we experience it, with an findable and actual "I" or label/name, to try and explain,

The Chair you are sitting on, if you are whilst reading this, is called a chair, we all know "what" a "Chair" is, or at least we think we do, but where is the "Chair" really, the part of it that is actually always a chair, that has the inherent nature of chairness?

Is it the seat?
The Legs?
How can something "BE" inherently solid and real or have a Chairness quality or nature if one can have 3 legs and one 4?
Is it the Cushion?

How many bits of the chair do you have to take away until it is not one anymore?

Then where does the Chair go to anyhow?

If you remove the seat and cushoin and backrest and only leave the legs where has the "CHAIR" gone?

If you meditate and think about all of life, Including YOU and ME about this you will realise that everything is "Empty" of this actual thing of no change, that everything in the universe, everything is actually only made up of different things, when these come together we call it something, but the name we give it is just a label.

Nothing exists anywhere without being made up different things coming together.

So I dont exist without my body only my mind would, but I am not just my mind or just my body.

Take one away and "I Insert Name here" would not exist anymore, but there is not one part of me that is actually "I" without something else. There is no seperate solid unchanging part of reality that has a actual inherent nature that is unchanging and not made up of parts, and our perception which is false of it, our projections and hallucinations if you like.

The Dalai Lama had an actual "Experiential" experience of this, which means he did not just understand it intellectuality, but experienced it.

Based on his research and practise of the great Yogi Tsongkhapa who I will also quote below as they obviously can explain it much better than "I" (
) lol.

The Text that led him to this experience is as below and famous in Buddhist and Logic Circles from Tsongkhapa

A coiled ropes speckled color & coiling are similar to those of a snake, and when the rope is coiled perceived in a dim area, the thought arises "This is a snake." As for the rope, at that time when it is seen to be a snake, the collection and parts of of the rope are not eve in the slightest way a snake. Therefore, that snake is merely set up by conseptuality. In the same way, when the thought "I" arises in dependance on the mind and body- neither the collection which is a continuum of earlier and later moments, nor the collection of the parts at one time, nor the seperate parts, nor the continuum of any of the seperate parts- is in even the slightest way the "I". Also there is not even the slightest something that is a different entity from mind and body that is apprehendable as the "I". Consequently, the "I" is merely set up by conceptuality on the mind & Body it is not established by way of it's own entity"

Interelatedness and fractals help explain this more to....

Anyhow the Dalai Lama whilst meditating and such like after much time on this concept of "Emptiness" and reading the above text had a very profound experience and I quote him below on what happened

The Impact lasted for a while, and for the next few weeks whenever I saw people, they seemed like a magician's illusions in that they appeared to inherently exist but I Knew they actually did not.
(Elf I have also read where he described this experience as "They appeared to all be wearing masks like an illusion")
That experience which was like lightening in my heart, was most likely at a level below completely valid and incontrovertable realization. This is when my understanding of the ceasation of the afflictive emotions as a true possibilty became real. Nowadays i alsways meditate on thei "EMptiness" in the mornings and take it into the days activities. Just thinking or saying "I" as in "I will do such and such" will often trigger the feeling.
But still I cant claim full understanding of Emptiness"

This can be found in many places from HH and talks, however for an example with the Tsongkhapa quote to is on p139-p140 "How To Practise" By the Dalai Lama, translated by Prof Jeffrey Hopkins,

Who kindly let me place a couple of his Teachings on the ATS media Portal,

His teachings to students on the Four Noble Truths so I will add them below as well They are Video teachings short and succint from an amazing Western Author Translator, Buddhist and close friend of the Dalai Lama.

Enjoy, "Whoever" the angry, happy, sad, guilty, selfish you are from moment to moment?

And especially "Who" or "What" you are getting angry, sad, happy etc about or at?

Part 1 of the Four Noble Truths as taught by the Buddha

(click to open player in new window)

Part 2 of the Four Noble Truths as taught by Buddha

(click to open player in new window)

Please visit his site for many more of a similair nature and learn from the real texts and real masters on reality et al lol.

Prof Robert Thurman Audio Visual and Info (the Thurman show lol)

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 13-7-2009 by MischeviousElf]

To also add as an Edit, in the thread the best Optical illusions I added some new research on Schizophrenia, whereby a new diagnosis help is to to use the "Hollow mask" optical illusion to aid in diagnosis of the condition.

What happens and it is VERY reliable is that if you have or are very very prone to Schizophrenia when looking at the below video YOU DO NOT SEE THE ILLUSion, or rather you do not "HALLUCINATE" or "IMAGINE" something that is not there. You can see it for what it is, a hollow mask.

Everyone else craetes an illusion in their mind using projection and such like..... It is very interesting from the thought who is sane wnd not?

and also very very indeed interelated to what I added above on the Dalai Lama's experience and "emptiness" and real reality, and the nature of the OP enjoy, it can be found here:
The bsets Optical illusions You have Seen?

And I will embed the video below:

Remember if you see the Face as it turns and therefore hallucinate you are deemed as normal lol, though if you see it as it really is.... you are labbelled as "Schizoprenic"???

Elf

[edit on 13-7-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
The Chair you are sitting on, if you are whilst reading this, is called a chair, we all know "what" a "Chair" is, or at least we think we do, but where is the "Chair" really, the part of it that is actually always a chair, that has the inherent nature of chairness?

I'm sitting on a matress, but that's besides the point.

It's no longer a chair when it no longer serves its purpose as a chair. At that point I call it "garbage" and discard it. It doesn't matter how pretty it is/was, who sat in it, what it's made of, the consensus or how many seen as authorities decided it would always be a chair.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

You like your edits dont you.

Much like myself

So your from edinburgh I take it?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

haha yea i am from edin , i edit so much because sometimes i write faster than i can spell
words tend to come out back to front at times or il have more to add so instead of new post i just edit lol

<< 1    3 >>

join